PDA

View Full Version : does Ezio say a prayer for every guard he killed?

Eddo36
05-15-2011, 10:05 AM
Or only for the main targets?

Xanatos2007
05-15-2011, 10:27 AM
If you had to say a prayer for every guard you killed it wouldn't be very time efficient. He's a busy man, you know.

Killer-Me99
05-15-2011, 10:59 AM
It isn't a prayer.

Gasketfuse
05-15-2011, 01:18 PM
"Requiescat in pace?" I think he only says that to his main targets, though you can hear the other assassins doing that whenever they kill a group of guards.

E-Zekiel
05-15-2011, 01:26 PM
Eh, that somewhat comes down to the player, I think, however you imagine him. For the most part, I figure Ezio tries to avoid killing guards that aren't a major threat to his life. So that's how I play him.

I go for knockouts rather than kills when it comes to guards. But if a guard has shot me with an arrow (it only takes one arrow to kill a person), they obviously had no regard for life. Or if there are like 15 guards on me...cases like that, yeah I'll kill.

But I figure if Ezio ever does meditations like Altair did, he would use that time to do so.

RzaRecta357
05-16-2011, 09:16 AM
Very disappointed in the conversations after assassinating on brotherhood.

Was barely any, and they all sucked.

Eddo36
05-17-2011, 04:25 AM
Originally posted by E-Zekiel:
Eh, that somewhat comes down to the player, I think, however you imagine him. For the most part, I figure Ezio tries to avoid killing guards that aren't a major threat to his life. So that's how I play him.

I go for knockouts rather than kills when it comes to guards. But if a guard has shot me with an arrow (it only takes one arrow to kill a person), they obviously had no regard for life. Or if there are like 15 guards on me...cases like that, yeah I'll kill.

But I figure if Ezio ever does meditations like Altair did, he would use that time to do so.

Ezio only doesn't kill civilians. You can kill as many guards as you want without loss os synchonization.

And about the "no regard for life" thing, well it is their job to stop you.

E-Zekiel
05-17-2011, 12:26 PM
Yes, I'm aware, but like I said it is somewhat open to the player's interpretation. For the most part, Ezio is a nice guy that wants the best for most people. I think that he would try to, generally, avoid killing those that are not his targets or are not particularly significant in stopping him from reaching his target if he lets them live. There is even a part in AC2 where he offers to spare several guards, because he knows they're just doing their job.

He kills them shortly after, but the principle is still sound, imo. But again, it kind of comes down to how the player interprets it. And that's how I interpret him. If possible without major loss, I think he would spare guards when he can. And I play him as such - going for knockouts when possible rather than kills. I'm excited to see the new Alta´r bits too, partially to see more about his character and if it'd be viable to take a similar stance.

(because in AC1 it's really really really hard to knock a guard out without losing a lot of health, compared to AC2/B, lol)

EnXess
05-17-2011, 04:46 PM
Originally posted by Eddo36:
Or only for the main targets?
Why would an Atheist pray?

Eddo36
05-20-2011, 07:25 AM
Well not "pray" but whatever you call that bromance-thingy death speech.

And I don't think Ezio is a "nice" person, I think virtuous is more the word.

crash3
05-20-2011, 08:25 AM
it would be a cool feature to add if combat was a lot harder so combat situations only occur if necessary. but at present, ezio is just this invincible, unstoppable killing machine who seriously needs to meet a proper challenge in the next game

iN3krO
05-20-2011, 10:23 AM
Originally posted by crash3:
it would be a cool feature to add if combat was a lot harder so combat situations only occur if necessary. but at present, ezio is just this invincible, unstoppable killing machine who seriously needs to meet a proper challenge in the next game

You ignore my suggestions and than you say this? STFU -.-''

Telabir
05-20-2011, 10:58 AM
And I don't think Ezio is a "nice" person, I think virtuous is more the word.

I think he's rather likable if you're not averse to the whole killing thing, but yes, Virtu Machievelli Virtu http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Personally I say 'Requiescat in Pace' after every kill (or groups of guards) just to fell baddass

Mike00601
05-31-2011, 08:31 AM
It shows that Ezio is a hero and not a cold blooded contract killer.

iN3krO
05-31-2011, 09:04 AM
Originally posted by mike128462:
It shows that Ezio is a hero and not a cold blooded contract killer.

are u saying altair is a cold blooded contract killer?