PDA

View Full Version : Gforce/nvidia tweaker

VVaFFenPanZZeR
11-28-2005, 08:32 PM
This is a badass tweaker, try it, becareful with it, use the jellemees tweaker, or mess around with it, it is unoffical, but you'll see its nice:

http://rogue-cell.com/downloads/ntweaker2.zip

Feathered_IV
11-29-2005, 03:57 AM
Thanks. I'll get stuck into it when my 6800 gets back from the tekkies in a couple of weeks.

VVaFFenPanZZeR
11-29-2005, 06:23 AM
You might need to adjust it alittle after tweaking it, I didn't encounter alittle flicker from somwhere, and a couple black spots on the water, But it did make a huge difference for me in the graphics department.

Qbeesh800
11-29-2005, 08:13 AM
Originally posted by VVaFFenPanZZeR:
This is a badass tweaker, try it, becareful with it, use the jellemees tweaker, or mess around with it, it is unoffical, but you'll see its nice:

http://rogue-cell.com/downloads/ntweaker2.zip

What exactly does it do?
Increases performance?
My card's a little old. gf4 ti4200 128http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

waffen-79
11-29-2005, 11:00 AM
can I use it?

FX5200 256mb http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

Saunders1953
11-29-2005, 11:39 AM
Could you tell us a little more about it? I've got a 6800GT and things seem to be working fine, but if this is a performance boost or fixes problems I don't know I have, I'd like to know. Thanks!

AFJ_rsm
11-29-2005, 12:22 PM
if it aint broke, dont fix it saunders

SeaFireLIV
11-29-2005, 02:04 PM
Agreed.

VVaFFenPanZZeR
11-29-2005, 04:16 PM
What it is accually, Is a tool to open up options that u normally do not have an option to change, this tool lets u for instance, have 10 frames waiting, instead of 3, or over clock ur card.

I have a gforce 256mb 6800gt and it bumps up the power alittle, if u have an older card I doubt itll do anything but fry it.

It doesn't do anything until u select that option, just like the defualt options of the advanced display settings. It also has an option to roll back to ur prevous state.

right click on ur desktop, goto properties, then settings and then advanced at the bottom.

and u should see the additional options u can change.

If u do not have a powerful rig, do not use this or u'll prolly blow up ur card/pc, I have a top of the line rig, so if u do, I recommend using this, it is badass.

jarink
11-29-2005, 05:48 PM
I've never understood why you would need to OC a "top of the line rig". If it's that good, then why does it need adjusting? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif

Back in the Good Ol' Days of OC-ing, people took slower, poorly performing components (like Celerons) and OC'ed them to get performance approaching more expensive components. For example, I once had a Celeron 366 that I OC'ed to 550MHz by running the FSB at 100MHz instead of 66. 'Something' happened to it a few months later http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif , but hey, the chip only cost $50 anyhow.

VVaFFenPanZZeR
11-29-2005, 06:15 PM
Dude, why dickaround with crappy shyte, I got a 3400+ AMD64, is the speed 3.4 ghz....No its 2.2, OC'in it Im getting well over 3. Liquid cooled. stays below 85 degrees F

Yes I have a top of the line custiom rig, that I overclock the shyte out of, out of memory, out of everything.

I blow money on pc hardware to the point where I dont know where my next meal is coming from, I can barely afford my connection(8 meg commerial cable)................just because I gotta tweak it man.......lol j/k

I don't know man, jarink, why do u buy crappy cpu's then burn em up. seems pretty idiotic to me. another reason why, is because I can adjust it.

jarink
11-29-2005, 06:36 PM
Originally posted by VVaFFenPanZZeR:
Dude, why dickaround with crappy shyte

Gee, I just built a system around an Athlon 3500+ and an Asus A8N mobo. Runs dandy fine at factory speed and stays about 45 deg. C (that's 112F) with stock air cooling. I don't buy "crappy shyte" and neither do I abuse it for no reason. And I do know the difference between AMD's PR ratings and the clock speed.

I don't know man, jarink, why do u buy crappy cpu's then burn em up. seems pretty idiotic to me. another reason why, is because I can adjust it.

That Celeron was the most extreme OC job I ever tried. I only tried it because the CPU was so cheap; I bought 2 in case the worst happened (which it did). I also OC'ed the replacement CPU, but nowhere near as much. Still, not bad for air cooling. I have no problem with people pushing hardware to the edge, I just think a lot of people don't realise what they're getting into. (Using an "unofficial" tweaking tool like the one you suggested is an easy way to void your warranty, even if you don't damage anything by running over spec. If it's an OEM computer, you could even void the warranty for the entire machine.)

Buying already fast hardware and then burning it up seems pretty idiodic to me, so I guess we're even.

VVaFFenPanZZeR
11-29-2005, 07:02 PM
Yes I see what you are saying now, BUT I did say to becareful, if you dont know what you are doing don't mess with it.

If anyone dl's this tweak tool and fries their pc, let us know.........lol, I don't think it will happen if nobody brainlessly messes with the wrong application.

Besides, the ppl of this community know better, I figured, if not, delete this thread completely.

VVaFFenPanZZeR
11-29-2005, 07:09 PM
VVaFFen-79 I'm not sure, u could try it, once u dl it u'll see what its all about, I believe u can thou, because nvida's drivers are used by all cards of the like. try it.

Also, is that u waffen-79 in ur sig, or are u guy with a female in ur sig????

p1ngu666
12-02-2005, 09:10 AM
your pretty unlikely to fry your pc tbh.

VVaFFenPanZZeR
12-02-2005, 11:03 AM
accually I've been testing it on PF+FB+AEP 4.02, and It looks very good, better then with out using the tweak, but theres a glitchy flicker in the water, and I can't figure it out. Maybe some one can figure it out, and let it be known.

rgr that, about not frying ur rig, but u might fry ur card.

Brain32
12-02-2005, 11:47 AM
Dude, why dickaround with crappy shyte, I got a 3400+ AMD64, is the speed 3.4 ghz....No its 2.2, OC'in it Im getting well over 3. Liquid cooled. stays below 85 degrees F
Wait, you oced it from 2.2 to 3.0+, wow, nice OC, I guess that is one of those first week in May2005 Venice E3?

BTW, @jarink to some extent you are right but today it's all about stepping of the processor, not the rated speed and this utility VVaFFenPanZZeR posted is not some unoffical god knows utility it merely enables Coolbits wich are OFFICIAL nVidia OC tool but are hidden, Coolbits is a registry tweak that enables it...
But this tool isn't about OC, the point is that it contains main installation file for nVidia drivers, and it has many such files from modded drivers(Omega,XGI, etc) so basically you don't have to bother downloading entire set of modded drivers, you just need that .inf files anyway and that is the main purpose of this tool http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

VVaFFenPanZZeR
12-02-2005, 02:58 PM
No Brian, I was just explaining that the series number 3400+ doesn't mean its a 3.4 ghz, its a 2.2 ghz processor, I only oc'ed it to a 3,

p1ngu666
12-03-2005, 12:35 AM
its just different settings, the oc option is seporate, u can oc pretty much any card.

it screwed up my colours abit, ive gone back to default..

VVaFFenPanZZeR
12-03-2005, 06:36 AM
It made my game run smoother, sept for the water, but it made the land terrain alot more detailed, espeacially the shadows. It works great for everyother game. AAO.