PDA

View Full Version : 4.04m vs 1946

staticline1
04-23-2007, 06:05 PM
Kind of thinking of getting 1946 and so far have FB/PF patched up to 4.04m. I doubt that the sim has changed much on a whole from 4.04 to 1946 so my question about the flight models. Have any of the a/c flight models changed when patched up to 1946 4.08m when compared to the 4.04m patch? If so what and your take on whether it was in a good or bad direction. If you have a gripe or just plain immuture post somewhere else, I'm not looking to start a flame war but some honest opinions.

Skycat_2
04-23-2007, 06:14 PM
The feel of the stick throw has been changed; basically the inputs are a little mushier which for most players has been a good thing. Planes aren't as twitchy.

The recoil of the .50s on the USN planes is balanced again.

As I recall, the P-51D is more stable.

The AI is still inhuman, but not as supernatural as they were in 4.04m.

I don't know if any FMs have been changed per se, but my personal feeling is that overall the offline game was improved. I was ready to throw 4.04m in the river mostly because of the super aggressive UFO enemy AI, but I've enjoyed playing offline campaigns again afer getting 1946.

VW-IceFire
04-23-2007, 06:52 PM
FM's in general haven't really changed. A couple of planes here and there. The stick profiles are a little different now as Skycat has pointed out. This is an improvement for most or not noticeable for the rest. I found it nice...makes things at little smoother given that we all have short throw digital joysticks and the real life examples were using rods and cables.

Bearcat99
04-25-2007, 05:29 AM
For the new planes, objects, maps and such that came in Pe-2,SoM & 46, things that came in the patch (4.08 and the upcoming one as well), ability to fly online (although the switcher program has kind of eliminated that problem) and the convenience of having it all on one DVD as opposed to 2-5 CDs it is more than worth it.

MaxMhz
04-25-2007, 05:54 AM
You probably will not notice much difference between 4.04m and 4.08m flight models; as said above 1946 is well worth the money though.
Ah but you knew that already... Did you ever buy an IL-2 game/addition that wasn't worth it? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

great new planes, maps, lots of objects and even more on the way (that will need 4.08m)... So Sturmovik 1946 is a definite must-have/ wanne-have. A pressed DVD has a much longer life span than a pressed CD too http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif