PDA

View Full Version : Very low FPS?

Mako_Tako
06-22-2010, 03:15 AM
Well, I seem to be having problems running this game. I mean, the most I get on the LOWEST settings is like 30 FPS.

My specs:

2.35Ghz Core 2 Duo

Nvidia 9800m GS

4GB RAM

I don't really understand what is the problem since I can run any other game just fine... I can run AC2 maxed out at constant 60 FPS.

Heck, even Crysis runs at a better FPS than this game... (I get like 25 FPS on High 50 on low)

roelbartstra
06-22-2010, 05:04 AM
Splinter Cell is very dynamic. You can break every light and it changes the shadows accordingly.

This is a very heavy process that no game engine can take well, including their own.

The first splinter cell games were able to pull this off a lot cheaper. If you play it, you can see how crap the lighting is in those games compared to conviction.

AC2 is all static, everything is pre-calculated. So the only thing your pc has to do is some shading and drawing of polygons.

You are also running it on a laptop, so the graphics card is a lot less powerfull than usual ones.

I got some extra fps on my pc by doing this:
1. -Make sure you have the latest patch installed for this game.
2. -Download the latest nvidia drivers. I think it's the "Verde Notebook Release 256 WHQL 257.21" for your laptop. Just go to nvidia.com and download the drivers.
3. -Update DirectX here (http://www.softwarepatch.com/windows/directx-download.html).

That gave me about 10 fps extra. I think updating the video card drivers was what did the trick.