PDA

View Full Version : PF on CRT HDTV

Silvertip1
05-22-2005, 01:29 PM
I have an HTPC connected to a Sanyo 32" 4:3 CRT HTDV and would really like to play PF on this display. The problem is that I can only get it to work in 800x600. Anything else causes MASSIVE vertical scrolling and graphics breakup. However, at 800x600 I can't get the overscan down to where I can see the whole screen (ex. in QMB, I can't see the boxes to let me select the number of wingmen in the flights). If anybody has their system connected to a CRT HDTV, could you please let me know what I have to do to get this sim to play nice.
TIA and know that all advice will be taken seriously and with a brew or two :-)
Silvertip

Silvertip1
05-22-2005, 01:29 PM
I have an HTPC connected to a Sanyo 32" 4:3 CRT HTDV and would really like to play PF on this display. The problem is that I can only get it to work in 800x600. Anything else causes MASSIVE vertical scrolling and graphics breakup. However, at 800x600 I can't get the overscan down to where I can see the whole screen (ex. in QMB, I can't see the boxes to let me select the number of wingmen in the flights). If anybody has their system connected to a CRT HDTV, could you please let me know what I have to do to get this sim to play nice.
TIA and know that all advice will be taken seriously and with a brew or two :-)
Silvertip

Platypus_1.JaVA
05-22-2005, 01:36 PM
I did PF on a beamer wich I borrowed from a friend (for a totally diffrent reason but, He did not need to know that http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif) And that was totally awesome!!

Tachyon1000
05-22-2005, 06:29 PM
I'd say that first off you'd need to make sure that you have a graphics card that supports HDTV in its native format otherwise I think perhaps you may just be outputting a DVI-based format which I believe is lower-grade than HDTV, but I know very little about this.

Second, I'd assume you'd need a very specific set of drivers for using the HDTV with your graphics card.

My mistake. It appears you are using a home theater PC which I have never heard of. Here is a site devoted to getting games to work on them. Hope that helps

http://htpcnews.com/main.php?id=hdtvgaming

Oops, I see you have already posted on that site's forum. Nothing I can do to help then. Sorry.