PDA

View Full Version : Static Camera Placement

Avivion
06-11-2009, 07:13 AM
I'm trying to make post-strike results assessment, how may I do this? I tried placing a static camera nearby but do not know how to use it to "see around".

Basically, I want to know whether my targets have been successfully destroyed after a strike run-in. (online LAN game)

Avio

Avivion
06-11-2009, 07:13 AM
I'm trying to make post-strike results assessment, how may I do this? I tried placing a static camera nearby but do not know how to use it to "see around".

Basically, I want to know whether my targets have been successfully destroyed after a strike run-in. (online LAN game)

Avio

Bearcat99
06-11-2009, 07:22 AM
Scroll through the external views... one will show the static cameras.. If you are flying full switch you wont see them of course...

RPMcMurphy
06-11-2009, 07:37 AM
Yeah, Ctrl+F2 will get you to your camera that you have placed and then hold left mouse click will let you zoom in and out. If watching a track place manual view control ON.

Tully__
06-11-2009, 05:28 PM
You will need to have the "No External Views" difficulty setting turned off too.

Ba5tard5word
06-11-2009, 05:56 PM
I've got a question about static cameras I've been meaning to ask...what are the controls for them? They make no sense. I know how to zoom in and out, but once I move away from the camera's original placement I can't figure out the controls. Moving the mouse forwards and back seems to make it go up and down vertically but also zoom in and out. Moving the mouse left or right makes it "strafe" left and right but also twist sometimes, does anyone know what I'm talking about?

WTE_Galway
06-11-2009, 06:56 PM
Static cameras always default to facing East.

You move them around with the mouse. Note that sometimes you will need to left click and move the mouse to get the effect you want.

They are not overly intuitive to use but with practice you can get them to do what you want.

Tully__
06-11-2009, 11:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ba5tard5word:
I've got a question about static cameras I've been meaning to ask...what are the controls for them? They make no sense. I know how to zoom in and out, but once I move away from the camera's original placement I can't figure out the controls. Moving the mouse forwards and back seems to make it go up and down vertically but also zoom in and out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The camera pivots about its "home" point (the point where it's located when you first select it). In the default location, the camera pivots as though its on a tripod. If you zoom in or out, the camera moves away from the pivot point but the pivot point stays in the "home" location. If you pivot the camera when zoomed in or out, the camera acts like it's fixed to the end of a long beam that is pivoted at the other end. The other end is located at the camera "home" location.

If you zoom in or out then try to depress the camera beam below ground level, the camera will slide back along its beam towards the pivot point to stay above ground. When you raise the camera beam, it will slide back out to the selected zoom level.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Moving the mouse left or right makes it "strafe" left and right but also twist sometimes, does anyone know what I'm talking about? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
No idea on this one, unless you're zoomed way in or out. The camera doesn't strafe with left/right mouse movement, it pivots. On the other hand if you're zoomed a long way from the camera's home position, it may appear to be strafing as the beam swings around the pivot.