PDA

View Full Version : Database in Revelations

Bipolar Matt
08-10-2011, 12:02 PM
I would assume that this feature will not be going away. At least I hope not. I really enjoy reading the articles on the buildings and people throughout Italy as I've played through AC:2 and AC:B.

AC:R is totally different though. Desmond is stuck in the Animus all on his own. Even if Shaun is present for some reason, he can't communicate with Desmond at this point. And these memories of Ezio and Altair from Masayf/Constantinople/Cappadocia have never been viewed before, so it's not like Shaun could have done the work ahead of time.

So logically, how are they going to work the database into AC:R? Just fun speculation. I'm sure Ubi's going to find a way that makes some sense.

LieutenantJojo
08-10-2011, 12:11 PM
Well, we know William M. and some other guy (Erudito?) are with Desmond, so perhaps they provide him some information?

Bipolar Matt
08-10-2011, 12:13 PM
Are they for sure with Desmond? I thought they left to find whatever it was at those coordinates found from Ezio's 1506 memories in the Temple of Pythagoras?

Turkiye96
08-10-2011, 12:35 PM
well quite simply they could have known Ezio went to Istanbul for some reason and looked up on it also as it says in Ac2 they view you reliving the memories and whenever you come across somthing of interest, shaun ( or whoever it is for revelations) will type up quick info about then.

ShaneO7K
08-10-2011, 01:08 PM
Originally posted by Turkiye96:
well quite simply they could have known Ezio went to Istanbul for some reason and looked up on it also as it says in Ac2 they view you reliving the memories and whenever you come across somthing of interest, shaun ( or whoever it is for revelations) will type up quick info about then.

Yeah but Desmond is reliving them through the Black Room in the animus so it could be slightly differen't.

Turkiye96
08-10-2011, 01:13 PM
no from what i understood, Desmond is in the normal Animus setup however from time to time he slips down into the dark room where he relives his own memories and the messed uo sequences...

twenty_glyphs
08-10-2011, 01:17 PM
I've been wondering this too, but I can't imagine that they would just scrap the database feature after the last two games. I've wondered about when exactly Shaun was creating those entries too, since they couldn't know ahead of time everything that Ezio would see because that's why they were viewing his memories. Seems like maybe he's just creating the entries right as you find them, or just before. He does seem to only put what we've seen at the time in the story, and a lot of the entries get updated quite a bit in Brotherhood. Ezio's entry in Brotherhood especially stuck out to me, as it sounds like Shaun just updated it recently after seeing everything from AC2.

I'm sure they'll find some way to work the database into the game. I really hope they're still written by Shaun though, because that was part of their entertainment value. Depending on how much of Subject 16 you'll be seeing, maybe he will be writing the database entries that you view. I'd also be fine with the entries just being there, written by Shaun, with no real explanation. Perhaps that will be what happens, but then we'll find out at the end what's really going on in the present.

I'm also wondering about how replaying memories will work. The whole concept of the Black Room is that Desmond is having to go through that DOS-like world in order to access Ezio's memories instead of just accessing the memories from the DNA menu like the previous games. So if you have to get through the Black Room puzzles to access memory sequences in the first place, how will you be able to replay them? They could explain it by not allowing you to replay until the end, when you have access to the Animus Desktop software again. I'll be interested to see how they present things like this.

Poodle_of_Doom
08-10-2011, 02:01 PM
@Twenty Glyphs:

I thought when you were playing through the game, memories were recorded? Wouldn't it be easy enough to record Desmonds sessions in the black room in order to allow us to replay them?

twenty_glyphs
08-10-2011, 03:02 PM
Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:
@Twenty Glyphs:

I thought when you were playing through the game, memories were recorded? Wouldn't it be easy enough to record Desmonds sessions in the black room in order to allow us to replay them?

Yeah, that's possible, and the Black Room's difference should really only be about interface and not functionality. What I'm wondering about is how the user interface will change. They keep saying that Desmond being in the Black Room means he won't have access to the high-level Animus interface and loading area from the past games. I'm just wondering how that will affect the overall Animus interface and menus. Will there still be a DNA menu that we can use to replay memories? Will there still be a database menu? These are some of my questions, though I have no doubt that all the features will still be there and accessed somehow.

LightRey
08-10-2011, 03:29 PM
Well there should be some sort of command interface in the Black Room. I doubt Desmond could use it, but I suspect that S16's "thing", which appears to be in the black room, could.

Poodle_of_Doom
08-10-2011, 03:38 PM
Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Poodle_of_Doom:
@Twenty Glyphs:

Yeah, that's possible, and the Black Room's difference should really only be about interface and not functionality. What I'm wondering about is how the user interface will change. They keep saying that Desmond being in the Black Room means he won't have access to the high-level Animus interface and loading area from the past games. I'm just wondering how that will affect the overall Animus interface and menus. Will there still be a DNA menu that we can use to replay memories? Will there still be a database menu? These are some of my questions, though I have no doubt that all the features will still be there and accessed somehow. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I see what you mean. Whatever they do, I think that they need to be very careful how they implement it. If it's something where you have to select the next memorie you wish to play through, then it could be hit or miss on the story line. I'd imagine that the trick is to keep it linear through multiple interfaces.

A_E_D
08-11-2011, 11:18 PM
Originally posted by Turkiye96:
well quite simply they could have known Ezio went to <STRIKE>Istanbul</STRIKE> Constantinople for some reason and looked up on it also as it says in Ac2 they view you reliving the memories and whenever you come across somthing of interest, shaun ( or whoever it is for revelations) will type up quick info about then.