PDA

View Full Version : More, More, More... Side Missions

EzioAssassin51
12-09-2009, 01:49 AM
I Think people would agree with me that there should be a whole lot more side missions!

I personally really liked the races, the beat-ups, the tombs, the assassinations and all the other side missions! So vote and choose.

I of course, think there should be way more side missions and maybe a couple more mains!

MrNussbaum
12-09-2009, 11:01 AM
I liked all of the side missions except for the beat-up missions. Those were lame. At least there were only five.

And who wouldn't want more content?

OzDavis
12-09-2009, 03:17 PM
Originally posted by MrNussbaum:
I liked all of the side missions except for the beat-up missions. Those were lame. At least there were only five.

I have to admit, I was impressed by the sheer number of assasination contracts. On my first time playing through the game I only did one before finishing the story, just to get the "Assassin For Hire" achievement. I figured I'd leave them in a big chunk to keep me amused for a while after finishing working my way through the main story, and boy did it take me a while, as they just kept on coming! I really enjoyed them, and would definitely like to see more.

The races and courier missions were generally nothing special, but still fun. But I find myself largely agreeing with MrNussbaum. Beating up your sister's ex-boyfriend was fun (and still is!), but the actual Beat Up side missions are just so similar. It would've been nice to see some that didn't follow the general theme of 'Please teach my cheating husband a lesson'. It was funny at first, but got old pretty fast.

Off the top of my head I can think of a few ideas they could have used to add a little variation:

- My son is turning to a life of crime, convince him otherwise.
- Rich merchant owes me money, I can't afford to feed my family until he pays up.
- A corrupt city guard is hassling me for protection money.
- Useless guard can't deal with a thief that keeps stealing from my business.

Edengoth
12-09-2009, 04:43 PM
Originally posted by OzDavis:
But I find myself largely agreeing with MrNussbaum. Beating up your sister's ex-boyfriend was fun (and still is!), but the actual Beat Up side missions are just so similar. It would've been nice to see some that didn't follow the general theme of 'Please teach my cheating husband a lesson'. It was funny at first, but got old pretty fast.

Off the top of my head I can think of a few ideas they could have used to add a little variation:

- My son is turning to a life of crime, convince him otherwise.
- Rich merchant owes me money, I can't afford to feed my family until he pays up.
- A corrupt city guard is hassling me for protection money.
- Useless guard can't deal with a thief that keeps stealing from my business.
QFT! Although the very opinionated language of the Animus cracked me up with "beat up the no-good husband" (and I got a kick out of "Philanderer on the Roof"), it did seem a little disconcerting that Ezio was spending so much time using violence to rectify infidelity. A little variety is nice.

Zerban_da_Great
12-10-2009, 03:03 AM
I've got an idea. A Flying Machine side mission.

For Example: A man criminal has taken someone hostage and will kill them if anyone gets close - like when you get your Hidden Gun. He's on a tower that would be impossible to climb unnoticed. However, Ezio goes to Leonardo, who lends him his flying machine. So you zoom up to the top of the tower and kick the guy off! Bonus points if you also sweep up the damsel in distress http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

HewieAlbino
12-10-2009, 03:08 AM
I would like some side missions with Ezio's family. Maybe help your uncle train a few meceneries, or do a few favors for Claudia and Maria.

And vehicular missions! Flying machine and carriage missions. I loved those.

commandguy
12-10-2009, 11:33 AM
I voted yes. I'd really like to see more side missions. A bit more variety wouldn't hurt either. Also, I think particular locations should have multiple levels effecting difficulty to make it more challenging.

Sren001
12-10-2009, 02:15 PM
I for one liked the beat up missions, i really like the unarmed counters http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

But as HewieAlbino said, more vehicular missions!

Loved the carriage and flying missions http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Grandmaster_Z
12-10-2009, 02:23 PM
i wish on the race missions, you ACTUALLY raced someone, not just the time clock..

wwfls1
12-10-2009, 02:28 PM
Originally posted by Grandmaster_Z:
i wish on the race missions, you ACTUALLY raced someone, not just the time clock..

I know like the 1st one with your brother i was exited for races there but when i learned it was all clocks i got bored. But you gatta admit theivs are slow

Zerban_da_Great
12-14-2009, 04:10 AM
Originally posted by wwfls1:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Grandmaster_Z:

I know like the 1st one with your brother i was exited for races there but when i learned it was all clocks i got bored. But you gatta admit theivs are slow </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Racing an actual person would get annoying very fast - because if you drew level with them they'd start spoiling your jumps and making you fall. Clocks are better.

PF70
12-14-2009, 04:15 AM
I just wish some music would play during the side missions. Not the same doing assassinations without the soundtrack.

Badcow68
12-14-2009, 09:29 AM
Would love more to do in all the cities.

Would like to see a "Protect the Villa from attack" mission. Then you could do some repairs on it after the battle was done. Waiting to see how the other memories play out when they come out.

Black_Widow9
12-14-2009, 12:26 PM
Please post in one of the Feedback or Wishlist Threads. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/1581091808)
Thanks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

<span class="ev_code_RED">Topic Closed</span>