PDA

View Full Version : Need some help on crew management.

Zahaek
08-03-2005, 06:55 PM
Hey all, I have some serious issues in regards to crew management, thanks largely to the totally inadequate explanation present in the manual. Here are a few of my issues, if anyone can give me a hand that would be great,

First, how the hell does it work?

That is all.

Thank you

Just kidding. My problem is I dont know how its supposed to work. I drive on a patrol, and some guys eventually get a big exclamation mark next to their name. What the hell does that mean. And how does it change things when I press a button, say "cruise on surface" or surface attack - Some dudes just move around to different compartments. Is this a preset move. Are you supposed to regularly rotate crew members and officers to keep them from gettin tired - do they get tired?

Also, any helpo that people can give me on my other post would be great.

Thanks

Zahael

lecek
08-03-2005, 09:26 PM
When they get the red ! they are tired. Replace them with someone in one of the crew quarters.

Don't bother with the presets buttons. It isn't too long before you realise that just screws things up. At least I think so.

The German Cross in Gold gives that crewman infinite endurance. I usually award this medal to officers first as it is harder to rest them. (Actually I award all medals to officers first.)

blue_76
08-03-2005, 09:57 PM
yes they get tired and very quickly if you use time compression just below 64x. try to use the map when doing time compression since it allows for higher than 64x and your long voyages will not be so tedious http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Zahaek
08-04-2005, 07:04 AM
thanks guys. Tat clears it up a bit. I just completed a mission, and I was given an option to promote some people and give a medal or give a qualification. When I clicked on the thing, a few of the people had a blue outline. Does that mean tey are the only ones eligible?

Thanks

Rogan

lecek
08-04-2005, 10:58 AM
Originally posted by Zahaek:
thanks guys. Tat clears it up a bit. I just completed a mission, and I was given an option to promote some people and give a medal or give a qualification. When I clicked on the thing, a few of the people had a blue outline. Does that mean tey are the only ones eligible?

Thanks

Rogan

Exactly.

As I have said it is good to give to your officers first.

That one medal I was talking about that give infinite endurance needs 40k of shipping sunk on that patrol. You also need to have awarded the previous medals first, IE if you get 45k on your first patrol you won't get that medal.

Anyway you can get more info from here:
http://www.communitymanuals.com/shiii/index.php?title=Main_Page

DiveDevil
08-04-2005, 11:36 AM
About the exclamation mark. Has anyone noticed that during a really bad depth charge attack your whole crew gets the exclamation mark for a while even if their fully rested. Does that mean their freaking out and how does it effect their preformance? Not trying to jack the thread I just thought of it while I was looking through it and thought it might be relevent