PDA

View Full Version : Santa Maria Delle Visitazione Tomb

Crundy
01-18-2010, 03:33 PM
Is there some kind of cheat to freeze the timer on this? I've been going at this assault course for about 2 hours but have been pulling my hair out over the massively inconsistent freerunning controls.

elaine8405
01-18-2010, 08:24 PM
No cheats that I know of, and I sympathize. That is one pain-in-the-neck mission! Try practicing the running-up-wall side-jump on the walls of the corridor leading to the lever. Maybe that will help. Good luck!

Oceanbreeze09
01-19-2010, 01:51 PM
I will join you I have already torn my hair out on this one lol

Crundy
01-20-2010, 08:29 AM
I guess I need to be as proficient with the Xbox remote as this little smartarse is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvyJj4ZOEM4

OzDavis
01-20-2010, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by Crundy:
I guess I need to be as proficient with the Xbox remote as this little smartarse is: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvyJj4ZOEM4 Not really.

I would not describe myself as a hardcore gamer by any stretch, and this tomb used to kick my arse badly, but once I figured out the route and practiced the moves that were giving me trouble without the timer running until I was getting each of them right more often than not, then I attempted a timed run.

Over all, the best piece of advice I can give you when you have the timer running is to take a moment before each wall jump to set things up right (position, camera angle, etc.) as you have the time to pause for a few seconds before each one, but you don't have the time to fall in the water and haul yourself out for a second try!

Crundy
01-20-2010, 12:23 PM
Originally posted by OzDavis:
Over all, the best piece of advice I can give you when you have the timer running is to take a moment before each wall jump to set things up right (position, camera angle, etc.) as you have the time to pause for a few seconds before each one, but you don't have the time to fall in the water and haul yourself out for a second try!

Good advice. I'll have another crack tonight if I get time. Thanks.

redamack
01-20-2010, 01:38 PM
I was struggling like mad, trying to complete it all in one, the advice is good, i did just stop and set up before each key jump and it worked, thanks for the great tip, it realy worked for me

Crundy
01-20-2010, 02:03 PM
Just finished it now (after about another 10 minutes).

Oddly, the three problem areas for me were:
1) The very first few normal jumps, over the posts to get to the first wall jump. Ezio would jut either jump straight into the water or miss out the second post and jump into the water.
2) After the first wall jump, running up the big shiny post to do the second wall jump. Ezio would either jump backwards or skim off the post and jump in the water.
3) After the bit when you run round and left against a wall to wall jump left (the bit when you do 3 lefts to go round and up in a circle) after doing the wall jump Ezio would run up the wall and then fall right down into the water. The trick is to let go of A after the wall jump.

Damn stupid tomb. I'm so glad it's over and done with.

Crundy
01-20-2010, 02:07 PM
Oh and, I couldn't work out how to swing after pulling each lever. Ezio would just hang there and turn round if I pressed anything. I think the secret is to let go of everything, and then hold the high profile button, which then highlights A as the swing button. HTH

dottop
03-31-2011, 02:02 PM
I need help on this. I am playing on a PC and have tried it inumerable times without success. When I run up the wall (holding down the right mouse button, W key, and space bar): if I hit the D key, nothing happens (I fall back down). If I hit the D and space bar, the same. If I hit the A key or A and space bar, again, I just slide back down. If I just hit the space bar, I jump backwards into the water. What am I doing wrong? What keys do I hit after the wall run to get him to leap to the right? Thanks in advance to anyone who can help me understand this.

maryburns
03-31-2011, 10:01 PM
Wall jumping on pc....do not use mouse after going up wall...just W + a or d for direction + space bar. Practise...

Meleth1977
04-03-2011, 01:05 PM
I had endles trouble with this on my pc too...jeez... The only advice I can give is practice, practice, practice before you attempt it.

Lazaris59
04-04-2011, 07:11 AM
RUN UP THE WALL THEN HIT THE "D" KEY QUICKLY FOLLOWED BY THE "SPACE BAR" SHOULD DO IT

AntiChrist7
04-04-2011, 07:28 AM
Originally posted by Lazaris59:
RUN UP THE WALL THEN HIT THE "D" KEY QUICKLY FOLLOWED BY THE "SPACE BAR" SHOULD DO IT

Turning off shift lock should do it for you