PDA

View Full Version : Crossbows might replaced in the series. Legacy Spoilers

DavisP92
12-05-2010, 12:12 PM
In project legacy there is a mission in the Rome pack where one of Ezio's apprentices goes to leanardo and ask's for a gun and is denied. But he asks for a crossbow bolt attached to the hidden blade. AC3 might not have a crossbow weapon but may have it like the hidden gun but silent instead. I would rather have that instead because one it would make more sense since AC is supposed to be a stealth action where u blend in with the croud so wearing a lot of weapons would be too obvious. And (personally) i didn't like how the crossbow was in the way of the design on Ezio's outfit. So they may have some hidden spoilers for what AC3 may have in Legacy. What are your thoughts on the hidden bolt?

EmperorxZurg
12-05-2010, 12:21 PM
so...people have a foot long crossbow bolt loaded under their arm? Might look a bit awkward XD

X10J
12-05-2010, 12:25 PM
Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:
so...people have a foot long crossbow bolt loaded under their arm? Might look a bit awkward XD

And be difficult to maneuver

Avl521
12-05-2010, 12:39 PM
I think a more simple answer would be creating a silencer/sound supressor for the hidden gun.
If Leonardo can't invent one, the apple should have the knowledge for it, it would also be useful in 2012 (Anyone notice how Desmond also has a hidden gun? he can put a suppressor in it.)

X10J
12-05-2010, 12:44 PM
I didn't notice his hidden gun. Can you post a pic?

salted onions
12-05-2010, 12:57 PM
I always imagine Desmond using a silenced rifle, though it basically functions exactly the same way as a crossbow, with different aesthetics.

I doubt the next games besides Lost Legacy will be about Ezio, but they can't just put in the crossbow mechanic and take it out the next game because crossbows are out dated. Well, I supposes a crossbow would still be a viable weapon later on because gunpowder powered guns are so cumbersome to reload, but when I hope Desmond gets more action in future games. I would imagine that segments of the game would feature armed guards, and you can't get caught or else you automatically fail, since they'd probably mow you down in sections.

Avl521
12-05-2010, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by X10J:
I didn't notice his hidden gun. Can you post a pic?

I didn't notice it either... I found it by accident... I was playing "the truth.exe" level and there was a glitch where Desmond would get stuck in a stair so I had to quit the truth and start again multiple times... then out of frustration I put my controller in my bed, and R2 pressed itself... I grabbed it, selected the gun, aimed it at the F*in stairs and shot them... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

X10J
12-05-2010, 01:03 PM
That happened to me aswell, man was that anoying. anyway, what other weapons does he have on the wheel?

Avl521
12-05-2010, 01:15 PM
hmm I don't remember much... I'm SURE he has the hidden blade, the gun, and poison.
I can't remember what else if he has anything else.

X10J
12-05-2010, 01:16 PM
thanks.

DavisP92
12-05-2010, 03:45 PM
Originally posted by d1sturbedme_468:

well obviously it wouldn't be a foot long. Seeing how the they made a tiny pistol on the wrist for the assassin. But in ur way of thinking about it yea it would be weird having something that restricted the characters movements, too bad the game doesn't actually follow that rule.