PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone had this problem?

Phil_C
12-26-2005, 12:53 PM
I was just bored this morning and i wanted to take a look at a few of the tracks, but when i load them up i get a C2D. I had never had a problem before, and was able to watch them without problems. The only thing i have done lately is get the new dll updates that were posted a few days ago to correct the flashing white water i had on occasion, and change the water from 3 to 4... i can play the rest of the game without any problems (quick, single, and training missions, as well as campaigns all work).

any ideas?

Phil_C
12-26-2005, 12:53 PM
I was just bored this morning and i wanted to take a look at a few of the tracks, but when i load them up i get a C2D. I had never had a problem before, and was able to watch them without problems. The only thing i have done lately is get the new dll updates that were posted a few days ago to correct the flashing white water i had on occasion, and change the water from 3 to 4... i can play the rest of the game without any problems (quick, single, and training missions, as well as campaigns all work).

any ideas?

Kuna15
12-26-2005, 12:59 PM
trk will be messy in case of stutter nrtk works fairly well.
trk is too buggy so I don't use it much offline now just nrtk.

F4U_Flyer
12-26-2005, 08:05 PM
also pre patch tracks are not compatible with next step of patch . Could be your prob?

Phil_C
12-26-2005, 08:31 PM
i thought that too initally, but the problem was post patching; i didnt even start up the mergeds install i have, until i was done patching it to 4.02m on my new system... and i had been able to watch the tracks before, and whats more annoying, is that the intro track works, and once in a while i can watch some of the tracks without this crash im getting (more often than not).

its not a big deal but if im doing work around my room i like tossing the all-track on screen and watching some dogfights while i work lol

aircargoo
01-01-2006, 05:03 AM
nope

Chuck_Older
01-01-2006, 08:55 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif
actually, if they are saved in a campaign file, somehow old tracks play on new versions http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

mortoma
01-01-2006, 10:07 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by F4U_Flyer:
also pre patch tracks are not compatible with next step of patch . Could be your prob? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>The syptoms he's having would not connote tracks from an earlier version that won't play. Normally in that case you just get an error message that says the track is not playable, thats' all. No way should he get a CTD just because his tracks are too old!!

james_ander
01-01-2006, 10:53 AM
I got hard lockups with 1 AEP track after the patch always in the same place. It would play perfectly the first time, second time ...crash. Never figured it out, just deleted the track. With a reinstall it would play perfectly until patched. It was a track that came with the game. My saved tracks work fine.

Phil_C
01-01-2006, 11:35 AM
well with one exception, thanks for the tips, i think i may just delete them, as they really arent an intergral part of the playing portion of the game. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_cool.gif