PDA

View Full Version : My take on the ending [SPOILER WARNING]

SNIPER231JRC
04-13-2011, 06:57 AM
First let me say that I was blown away to see what desmond did to lucy, but I also love the whole series. Exploring the crypt in the disappearance dlc made it worth it though

I love the right of fire in its DX11 glory.

However I did notice that lucy's hand was touching the apple of eden even as she laid there bleeding out. Remember that the apple can bring someone back as proven in AC1!

Its my take that the sun referred to in AC2 vault is meant "son" as in lucy was going to have desmond's son. The gods thought that this would bring about the destruction they so feared, so they had desmond kill lucy.

What if the sun reference really means "son" will bring about the end?

If I find out that I have been playing as his evil son reliving desmond's memories in the animus I am gonna be upset. I can't wait for the next game though.

Core gameplay issues"
My only complaint whould be the inability to replay specific parts of the story. I love the cutscenes and the memory replays. Infiltrating the vatican (This was awsome and chasing down the cardinal... I blew him away, then tossed him off the top of the vatican http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

Finally I spent hours going to thru all of the lairs collecting keys, expecting a huge reward cutscene when I reached the door with all six keys only to see a very short one. The bell hitting the cross breaking down one of the doors made it all worth it though! Thats definately a favorite cutscene of mine.

There is alot of great cutscenes, I just wish I could re-play them at will. While I enjoy the missions I view the cutscenes as the reward.

Oh yeah and after I waste hours on top of hours beating this game by doing every single objective. I want to be able to start a new game with my crossbows, poison, double blades, parachutes, and climbing glove. I can't believe that we can't start off a second career as a super assassin with everything we spent hours collecting and unlocking. I understand replaying the story, but come on give me my gear atleast!

When I played I only left the animus when it forced me out. Once I went around and did all of the fuse boxes to bring the power grid online, I never even thought to exit the animus after each sequence was completed. Now I am curious what all I missed, since I didn't leave the animus at all after setting up base.

All of my saves were during missions , but I never once thought to exit the animus.

At one point I had a save file right before you touch the apple which I thought was perfect, then when I launched the game again I was back in Roma.

phil.llllll
04-13-2011, 11:48 AM
Originally posted by SNIPER231JRC:
First let me say that I was blown away to see what desmond did to lucy, but I also love the whole series. Exploring the crypt in the disappearance dlc made it worth it though

I love the right of fire in its DX11 glory.

Were you talking about another game here? AC:B is DX9 only.

However I did notice that lucy's hand was touching the apple of eden even as she laid there bleeding out. Remember that the apple can bring someone back as proven in AC1!

Where was this proven in AC1?

Its my take that the sun referred to in AC2 vault is meant "son" as in lucy was going to have desmond's son. The gods thought that this would bring about the destruction they so feared, so they had desmond kill lucy.

What if the sun reference really means "son" will bring about the end?

In AC2 it was quite clear that she meant the sun (as shown by that firey thing in the background shown igniting the world). As for Lucy going to have Desmond's son, I could have been a possibility in the future but I don't think she was pregnant (there's nothing to indicate that she was).

I think it's just because (like emails to Lucy mentioned) she was too close to him and they didn't want her getting in his way so they killed her. Also probably to prevent her from getting pregnant (if the possibility ever arose) because if someone in the future (one of Desmond's ancestors) needed to see what he was doing then, it would be to early to break away from him at that point.

So yeah it seemed to me that they were just tying up loose ends.

If I find out that I have been playing as his evil son reliving desmond's memories in the animus I am gonna be upset. I can't wait for the next game though.

Me too. I think that would be stupid.

Core gameplay issues"
My only complaint whould be the inability to replay specific parts of the story. I love the cutscenes and the memory replays. Infiltrating the vatican (This was awsome and chasing down the cardinal... I blew him away, then tossed him off the top of the vatican http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

Finally I spent hours going to thru all of the lairs collecting keys, expecting a huge reward cutscene when I reached the door with all six keys only to see a very short one. The bell hitting the cross breaking down one of the doors made it all worth it though! Thats definately a favorite cutscene of mine.

There is alot of great cutscenes, I just wish I could re-play them at will. While I enjoy the missions I view the cutscenes as the reward.

Oh yeah and after I waste hours on top of hours beating this game by doing every single objective. I want to be able to start a new game with my crossbows, poison, double blades, parachutes, and climbing glove. I can't believe that we can't start off a second career as a super assassin with everything we spent hours collecting and unlocking. I understand replaying the story, but come on give me my gear atleast!

When I played I only left the animus when it forced me out. Once I went around and did all of the fuse boxes to bring the power grid online, I never even thought to exit the animus after each sequence was completed. Now I am curious what all I missed, since I didn't leave the animus at all after setting up base.

All of my saves were during missions , but I never once thought to exit the animus.

At one point I had a save file right before you touch the apple which I thought was perfect, then when I launched the game again I was back in Roma.

Yeah it would've been nice to have the option to be able to start back out with all the armor and equipment but then again the money in the game would go to waste on nothing if that were so.

Six_Gun
04-13-2011, 01:55 PM
The gods thought that this would bring about the destruction they so feared, so they had desmond kill lucy. You need to look at the ending of AC2 again and take note of what Minerva says when Ezio asks if they are gods.