PDA

View Full Version : XBOX 360 IL-2?

Tranie117
09-27-2008, 09:39 AM
Well that is true right? Will it have it's own joystick, it's gonna need like a million buttons...

Boosher
09-27-2008, 09:58 AM
As far as I know, no version of IL-2 will be coming out for XBOX. There is a different game by called Birds of Prey which shares many elements with IL-2, but it is a wholly separate entity.

Skycat_2
09-27-2008, 11:05 AM
Consolized version, be sure.

AskMen.com IL-2 Birds of Prey preview (http://www.askmen.com/gaming/ps2/IL-2-Sturmovik-Birds-of-Prey-Ps3/preview-1-1.html).

VMF-214_HaVoK
09-27-2008, 12:36 PM
The console version uses a different engine. But it will use the exact same flight model as our IL-2. Do some research.

Many questions and answers here. http://forum.1cpublishing.eu/showthread.php?t=3783 Anton Yudintsev, a developer of the game speaks here. Read carefully before you right it off. Think rational not biased.

S!

JSG72
09-27-2008, 03:26 PM
Need a stick!

Dustysquareback
09-27-2008, 03:28 PM
Havok speaks truth. In fact, it is CALLED Il2: Birds of Prey.

Anyone who hasn't, search on youtube for a bad shaky-cam preview - someone camcording a display of it at some convention. There is a Hurri flying low around a harbor in england, and the ground textures are AWESOME I tell you. Very cool.

Even if this game ends up being too "dumbed down" for us simmers, just think of how many new people it will bring into the Il2 world. That in and of it self is really good news.

JSG72
09-27-2008, 03:39 PM
IAOTP.

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Skycat_2
09-27-2008, 08:47 PM
When I said 'consolized' I only meant that they'll have to translate all of the operations to game pad controls. The fact that they're making a version for PSP (hence maybe PS2 as well?) means that specialized peripherals probably won't be required.

FeiHu
09-28-2008, 02:38 PM
At the least it should be the best flying game on the 360.Or any console for that matter.I'll buy it just to see.

WOLFPLAYER2007
09-28-2008, 04:32 PM
If it uses the same FMS of il2, it will be impossible to play with the joystick.

DIRTY-MAC
09-28-2008, 05:18 PM
The graphics looks awsome
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bGWJmvK9aW4

WTE_Galway
09-28-2008, 05:38 PM
At least its not on the WII

Can you imagine dogfighting with a WII controller? You would have no lounge room left.

Dustysquareback
09-29-2008, 04:50 PM
Heheh. I think for the Wii, you should hold a wiimote in each hand, with your arms outspread to fly. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

GatorSub1942
09-29-2008, 04:52 PM
I sincerely hope it doesn't ever come out on consoles. There are far too many games that never come to PC, so it's good the consoles get a dose of their own medicine occasionally.

crucislancer
09-29-2008, 05:30 PM
Thurstmaster recently released a joystick that works with the PS3 and the PC, so PS3 owners should be able to play Birds of Prey quite well. Not sure about the 360, though.

It looks like a pretty game, but since I don't have a next gen console, I'll stick with the PC version for now.

Tranie117
09-30-2008, 03:35 PM
Hope they don't dum it down for the console owners... We're not all tards

Mr_Zooly
09-30-2008, 03:38 PM
Maybe not but you sure do have short attention spans http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Sirrith
09-30-2008, 03:50 PM
Originally posted by WOLFPLAYER2007:
If it uses the same FMS of il2, it will be impossible to play with the joystick.
I play il2 just fine with a gamepad... just takes getting used to.

unless you're referring to the huge amount of buttons that will be required.

VMF-214_HaVoK
10-01-2008, 01:25 AM
Originally posted by Sirrith:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by WOLFPLAYER2007:
I play il2 just fine with a gamepad... just takes getting used to.

unless you're referring to the huge amount of buttons that will be required. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I played with a guy for years before he mentioned one day he was playing with a gamepad...lol. And honestly he wasnt that bad.

BTW both the 360 and PS3 allows USB devices such as Joysticks and Hotas.

S!

VMF-214_HaVoK
10-01-2008, 01:26 AM
Originally posted by Tranie117:
Hope they don't dum it down for the console owners... We're not all tards

Apparently you did not follow my advice I offered in my first post.

On a side note: Around 80% or more of the people that fly this sim online are flying it in its most arcade settings. I bet most of the people whining and making statements(not of fact btw) about it being dumbed down play IL2 in arcade mode. I personally fly IL2 either full switch or close to it and Im looking forward to Birds of Prey. I may be odd but I just find the whole thing quite funny. And of course quite ignorant.

S!

Badsight-
10-01-2008, 01:28 AM
so what

you need KB & Mouse as well as a stick

Microsoft dont want user keyboards anywhere near their LIVE service

it will suck like all console CFS games suck

VMF-214_HaVoK
10-01-2008, 01:53 AM
Originally posted by Badsight-:
so what

you need KB & Mouse as well as a stick

Microsoft dont want user keyboards anywhere near their LIVE service

it will suck like all console CFS games suck

No keyboards allowed? Simply not true. I own a 360 Elite btw.

But guess what...good news. You dont have buy or play it. It actually wont effect you at all. I dont understand why people so strongly feel they need to influence others with negative attitudes towards a product. Guess what...people will buy and play it and love it even though you say it shall suck. Amazing prediction seeing how you never seen it nor played it. Another amazing thing is you dont have to read about it either if you simply choose not too. I really dont see what you post adds to the topic other then trolling rhetoric.

S!

VMF-214_HaVoK
10-01-2008, 01:59 AM
Originally posted by Tranie117:it's gonna need like a million buttons...

Every command I use in IL2 is on my Hotas. I only touch my keyboard for typing in game chat. Actually it will be nice not have typed chat in game as you dont have to witness all the excuses and whines about porked/uber aircraft. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif For a basic combat sim like IL2 you really dont need a keyboard. If Falcon 4 was coming to console that would be a totally different story.

S!

Dustysquareback
10-01-2008, 12:11 PM
The first thing I did when I got my xbox360 was plug my crappy $6 Belkin USB keyboard into it. Works fine.

Also, the two little joysticks on the stock 360 controller are actually quite sensitive. With the right curves set up, I'm sure most players would be able to fly passably with some practice.

Tranie117
10-02-2008, 03:00 PM
When it comes to Xbox I'm in the know o.k.? Two years of the Bungie and Cod4 forums have taught me a fair bit. Not to mention the years of "Gee Tom, Why the *%$* did you buy an Xbox? Don't you know aobut Blue ray? You're gonna be so Jelous when I'm playing HAZE and your stucky with crappy Bioshock..." Lets just settle a few things.

The Xbox controller will work but I don't think It'll be as good as using a joystick - Preference.

I don't think that the Xbox game pad has enough buttons for IL-2, at least not on simulation mode. Flaps, looking around, prop pitch, throtle, the list is endless.

Keyboards work fine with the Xbox and I'm sure Joysticks could be made to, though I doubt Microsoft will miss the opertunity to cash in on making their own and charging twice the price (See wirless adapter)

Stop writing the game off just becasue you think your an amazingly hardcore PC gamer. Believe it or not there are people who play on the Xbox 360 who are "proper" gamers. i.e. not six year old Americans who just learnt the "F" word. I mean you could actually talk to some Xbox gamers about A.I. and physics engines without them falling to sleep... And at the end of the day there gaming system is, overall cheaper and more reliable than yours. But don't worry if it is because this is compensated for by the continous barage of abuse online.

Badsight-
10-03-2008, 06:42 PM
Originally posted by VMF-214_HaVoK:
I dont understand why people so strongly feel they need to influence others with negative attitudes towards a product. & i dont understand why fanboys think others are not allowed their opinion

if you think the gamepad keyboard will be allowed for extra controls , your dreaming

CFS will always suck on consoles , just like FPS do

Badsight-
10-03-2008, 06:45 PM
Originally posted by VMF-214_HaVoK:
On a side note: Around 80% or more of the people that fly this sim online are flying it in its most arcade settings. that is complete bullsheet

you dont use the keyboard for any controls , well isnt that great for you

the solution for CFS games on consoles is to get everyone playing your way . how could we think otherwise

Dustysquareback
10-03-2008, 09:29 PM
Lol, fanboys? Check yourself, dude.

Tranie117
10-05-2008, 04:46 AM
Yeah, Check yourself...