PDA

View Full Version : Almost Finished With Assassin's Creed (My Impressions)

Ellis The Exile
11-16-2007, 09:11 AM
Ok this is a spoiler free thread, so don't worry about me spoiling the story for you, I don't intend to. Let me just say, I am really loving this game. It was definitely worth waiting for, I've had immense fun with it, and I'm going to keep playing it for quite awhile.

The story has a lot of twists and turns, some very unexpected and others I saw coming from a mile away. One of my only complaints is there's no real penalty for climbing buildings in front of civilians and guards. The civilians don't alert guards really, they just say I must be crazy. The guards say "Would someone tell me why he is doing that?" I expected them to go on alert the second I started climbing a building around them or something. Oh well..

The combat AI is not at all easy, and let me say I have not encountered the blend bug of stealth killing a guard next to another one. Usually when I do, if I stand there and blend they figure out its me and try to kick my ***. I only really assassinate in public for side missions.. or my big assassinations.

I've maxed out my DNA bar and all my equipment save for the final rank but eh. Let me say Altair is the most amazing game character I have ever seen that doesn't have super powers or something. I've really been enjoying how this game has gone, I'll post again when I reach the ending. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

all_seeing_1978
11-16-2007, 09:58 AM
Originally posted by Revan_Razor:
Ok this is a spoiler free thread, so don't worry about me spoiling the story for you, I don't intend to. Let me just say, I am really loving this game. It was definitely worth waiting for, I've had immense fun with it, and I'm going to keep playing it for quite awhile.

The story has a lot of twists and turns, some very unexpected and others I saw coming from a mile away. One of my only complaints is there's no real penalty for climbing buildings in front of civilians and guards. The civilians don't alert guards really, they just say I must be crazy. The guards say "Would someone tell me why he is doing that?" I expected them to go on alert the second I started climbing a building around them or something. Oh well..

The combat AI is not at all easy, and let me say I have not encountered the blend bug of stealth killing a guard next to another one. Usually when I do, if I stand there and blend they figure out its me and try to kick my ***. I only really assassinate in public for side missions.. or my big assassinations.

I've maxed out my DNA bar and all my equipment save for the final rank but eh. Let me say Altair is the most amazing game character I have ever seen that doesn't have super powers or something. I've really been enjoying how this game has gone, I'll post again when I reach the ending. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
Two things dude.
- When you reach the end watch the credits
- I totally agree with you this is awesome.

Hjalmar3
11-16-2007, 10:02 AM
Originally posted by all_seeing_1978:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Revan_Razor:

Two things dude.
- When you reach the end watch the credits
- I totally agree with you this is awesome. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

One thing dude.
-So do I.

Ellis The Exile
11-16-2007, 12:44 PM
Well I just finished the game, very good story I must say. The ending left a little to be desired but I guess thats why they are hoping they'll be allowed to do Assassin's Creed 2. Kind of miffed that Altair didn't destroy that.. "thing" but eh whatever.

I love this game, and I'm sure I'll play it several more times at least. Hope you all enjoyed it as well, or will enjoy it when you play it.

Ghotten
11-16-2007, 12:52 PM
This game is one of the most awesome ones i've ever played, too. The one thing I'm disappointed with was when I went to Damascus, and heard a man preaching about how wrong Richard was. Being English myself, I thought i'd go in for a little personal revenge. I ran up to him, stabbed him in public, and everyone just walked away, the guards weren't even bothered. Do you know what's wrong?

Ellis The Exile
11-16-2007, 12:54 PM
I've never actually encountered that problem, but I myself am playing on the 360, and I turned my personal preference for all game difficulties up to Hard, which may have changed the AI's performance.

I just don't like the fact I can climb up any building I chose around guards and they just act like I'm not even there, especially when I get high enough up the building. Oh well, something to be worked on for the next game.