PDA

View Full Version : AI enhancement idea

BfHeFwMe
10-23-2004, 06:30 AM
What would happen if an angle limiter stopped the AI's ability to fire with excessive under nose deflection as it engages its targeted plane beyond any normal range of sight. Could AI gun accuracy than be increased if they can only target what's within good visable deflection angles?

Doesn't seem they currently have any deflection limits, the more agile planes are always at advantage shooting blind angles well below the nose out of any line of sight. An age old problem with the AI, good set of guns and great turn rate, those AI dominate the game with their ability to shoot blind deflections nothing else can possibly make. Why some AI **** planes dictate the fight and knock stuffing out of others they shouldn't.

AI are pretty good manouver wise, but the extreme and blind deflections some are capable of and the need to 'average' their accuracy down is a bummer. Too good on one end of the scale, and not very on the other.

CD_Turbo
10-25-2004, 11:33 AM
Hello!

Yeah i know what you mean but i disagree.
I think its a good thing the ai can do superhuman stuff because even at ace level the ai is far to predictable and easy to kill.

The ai is too limited in the way that it doesnt have a 3rd layer of calculating real time fighting because we'd probably need a better CPU.

what the ai does now is to calculate firstly waypoints and flying.
When ai comes into range the second mode kicks in.
It enable the ai plane to make calculated decisions with the parameters that have been programmed for it.

what should be is a 3rd level which calculates the overall tactics for planes that have engaged.
Now 3 ai are fighting and blindly follow one plane in a train.

what should be is that: 1 follows while 2 planes get altitude, one provides cover and the other provides a top cover so other planes cant jump them.

but maybe in 6 years http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

CD_Turbo