PDA

View Full Version : Grey Wolves Question?

Hocking
04-22-2006, 10:14 AM
I have downloaded, and installed Grey Wolves onto my SHIII. I am on my first patrol during May of 1943.

After several weeks at sea, I have only received about 2 radio messages about convoys detected by other U-Boats. I have only seen 1 Small Merchant, and it was sailing alone just outside of the Bay of Biscay shortly after I started my mission. I hit it with a Torpedo, but then I had to finish it off with my deck gun. I think I hit the ship several times with the deck gun before it sank. Both these things gave the game an unrealistic feel.

In addition to this, I feel as if I am playing with the original game as far as map details are concerned. I think I have lost the realistic feel that RuB 1.45 was giving me.

Here is my question: Is the "Grey Wolves" Mod more of a graphical improvement to SHIII rather than a gameplay improvement (such as adding a more realistic experience to the overall game)? At this point, the GW Mod looks great, but I feel like the game is unrealistic when compared to the RuB Mods. Maybe I am judging too quickly, but I thought I would go ahead and ask.

If I am after realism, should I stick to the IUB 1.03 Mod instead? Or, are they both about the same?

Hocking
04-22-2006, 10:14 AM
I have downloaded, and installed Grey Wolves onto my SHIII. I am on my first patrol during May of 1943.

After several weeks at sea, I have only received about 2 radio messages about convoys detected by other U-Boats. I have only seen 1 Small Merchant, and it was sailing alone just outside of the Bay of Biscay shortly after I started my mission. I hit it with a Torpedo, but then I had to finish it off with my deck gun. I think I hit the ship several times with the deck gun before it sank. Both these things gave the game an unrealistic feel.

In addition to this, I feel as if I am playing with the original game as far as map details are concerned. I think I have lost the realistic feel that RuB 1.45 was giving me.

Here is my question: Is the "Grey Wolves" Mod more of a graphical improvement to SHIII rather than a gameplay improvement (such as adding a more realistic experience to the overall game)? At this point, the GW Mod looks great, but I feel like the game is unrealistic when compared to the RuB Mods. Maybe I am judging too quickly, but I thought I would go ahead and ask.

If I am after realism, should I stick to the IUB 1.03 Mod instead? Or, are they both about the same?