PDA

View Full Version : Oleg, B17 Serious graphic bug!

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2003, 01:35 AM
Sorry had to post again, cos I blew other post.

Anyway, there`s a pretty serios B17 graphic bug I`ve only just discovered. I guess noone`s noticed it cos they`re so fixated on their personal fan plane.

When a third of the RIGHT wing is blown off and the furthest right engine is blown off, the PROPELLERS are STILL in place!

Basically, you have the propellers suspended in mid air with nothing keeping them there. It certainly isn`t right. It`s quite serious.

I would post a pic but I dunno how. But I do have the saved track.

"Tis better to work towards an Impossible Good, rather than a Possible Evil."

SeaFireLIV.
(Spitfire & Escape Whiner Member).

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2003, 01:35 AM
Sorry had to post again, cos I blew other post.

Anyway, there`s a pretty serios B17 graphic bug I`ve only just discovered. I guess noone`s noticed it cos they`re so fixated on their personal fan plane.

When a third of the RIGHT wing is blown off and the furthest right engine is blown off, the PROPELLERS are STILL in place!

Basically, you have the propellers suspended in mid air with nothing keeping them there. It certainly isn`t right. It`s quite serious.

I would post a pic but I dunno how. But I do have the saved track.

SeaFireLIV.

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2003, 01:40 AM
SeaFireLIV:

These things happen... I've seen the...uhm...the double He-111's with the starboard fuselage blown off, but the tailwheel is still floating in the air, lazily following the plane.

Don't know if this is something that can be fixed, or if the team feels it has to be fixed (might not happen every time, and even if it does you probably won't pop a third of the starboard wing off every time you down a B-17...). Sorry dude...

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2003, 01:40 AM
Yep....Those B17's were tough suckers...props would just keep spinning, wing or no wing...Boeing - what a company!

"Nothing difficult is ever easy"

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2003, 01:42 AM
Well, I`ve sent a small report. If it`s fixed, its fixed, if not... I guess not.

SeaFireLIV.

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2003, 02:44 AM
Next time you report this bug while playing, try to take an screenshot to put here, will be better to identify and solve the problem, i guess...

http://sites.uol.com.br/disco_virtual/cmte_carvalho/compartilhada/Forgotten_Battles/Assinatura_IV.gif

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2003, 02:49 AM
Has the bug about the guy in the bomb bay never leaving the plane being reported, I dont know if it has, but theres a little guy in the bomb bay that just sits there, and never escapes the plane. You can see him from the top.

http://pilotosdelaluftwaffe.tripod.com/avi/erichhartmannsabre.jpg
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Out of all of my accomplishments, Ive never lost a wing man"- Erich Hartmann
He fought for hes country, not for hes leaders.

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2003, 03:24 AM
''Yep....Those B17's were tough suckers...props would just keep spinning, wing or no wing...Boeing - what a company!''

LOL! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Seriously...I would blame UFO's or something, dont you think? /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

THIS is the graph:

http://www.ifrance.com/boussourir/Luftcaca.jpg

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2003, 10:23 AM
I saw that last night but with the inside left prop. I've also seen it where the rear tail wheel of a Z Willing (I think it was a ZWilling) has remained when one of the tail sections has been shot off. I have a pic somewhere I'll see if I can post it.

BBloke

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2003, 12:05 PM
look at the thread about bug reporting then send your track to 1c.

http://www.endlager.net/fis/pix/banners/fis_banner_07.gif

She turned me into a newt, but I got better.

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2003, 01:33 PM
bazzaah2 wrote:
-
- look at the thread about bug reporting then send
- your track to 1c.

I have, but I`ve also had to retract my earlier words. THREE times this morning I`ve replayed the track with the B17 wing shot off and THREE times the propeller spun away properly!

I know what I saw the first time, so I can`t really apologise because it DID happen! I know what I saw. But somehow it`s completely corrected itself.

I`ve sent a note via email and informed them of this.

SeaFireLIV.

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2003, 02:17 PM
that's weird!

Never ecountered it though I must admit.

http://www.endlager.net/fis/pix/banners/fis_banner_07.gif

She turned me into a newt, but I got better.

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2003, 02:56 PM
tracks are slightly random, itll be that i guess :\

whineingu /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif