PDA

View Full Version : Farewell IL-2 Sturmovik - Offical Web Site



steve_v
01-11-2006, 02:29 PM
The web page we've all had bookmarked for so long is being retired. At this time, everything IL-2 will be found on Pacific Fighters. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/ubb.x?a=frm&s=400102&f=26310365)

Your comments are welcome.

darkhorizon11
01-11-2006, 02:35 PM
Im kinda surprised by this, mostly because PF was Luthiers brainchild not Olegs, obviously he's partial to the Eastern front and everything related to the USSR.

I'm expecting in maybe four or five more months once the patch/patches have been released and substantial more work has been done on BoB it will be battleofbritain.com or something to that extent with a new layout and what not.

Chuck_Older
01-11-2006, 02:44 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

It shouldn't be a PF website, but Il2 was done a long time ago, so the retirement doesn't surprise me


But, actually, since anyone who has PF and FB obviously knows of FB's existence, it really isn't such a big deal

SlickStick
01-11-2006, 03:00 PM
I'm confused. What's going away? Steve's hyperlink above just leads to the same thread. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

steve_v
01-11-2006, 03:06 PM
Its not meant to be confusing. Thats my bad. Sorry.

Pacific Fighters (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/ubb.x?a=frm&s=400102&f=26310365) will be the official web site for all our sims until further notice. I apologize for the confusion I created.

Taylortony
01-11-2006, 03:07 PM
well all will be a bed of roses if each IL2 link on the web directs you to the new link, but i bet it doesn't............ why have they retired it? UBI not able to afford the reregistering fee for the site addy?

crazyivan1970
01-11-2006, 03:28 PM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/354.gif

SlickStick
01-11-2006, 03:42 PM
Originally posted by steve_v:
Its not meant to be confusing. Thats my bad. Sorry.

Pacific Fighters (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/ubb.x?a=frm&s=400102&f=26310365) will be the official web site for all our sims until further notice. I apologize for the confusion I created.

I'm still confused. Hasn't THIS (http://www.pacific-fighters.com/en/home.php) been the home page for sometime now? Or is it that what you mean is that http://www.il2sturmovik.com will no longer re-direct people to the above PF site, but to UBI.com's home page? http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gif

You keep linking the PF forum. I'm not raggin' on ya, just trying to figure out what you are telling us. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

steve_v
01-11-2006, 03:56 PM
As stated in the initial post, the original IL-2 domain is being retired. There have been some recent posts inquiring why the liink is now being redirected. Thats all there is to it.

Kuna15
01-11-2006, 04:10 PM
http://www.il2sturmovik.com/forgotten_battles/fb_features.php

This link worked untill few days ago iirc http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif. And has directed user to the Forgotten Battles official pages (patches, features, media etc.).
But that is no more, now there is only official UBI home page and Pacific Fighters home page.

Stackhouse25th
01-11-2006, 04:27 PM
thank u Mr. Mantis, now shoo before i get my windex. :-)

BSS_Goat
01-11-2006, 06:49 PM
Originally posted by steve_v:
As stated in the initial post, the original IL-2 domain is being retired.

http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

Wait a minute ........ http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/10.gif can I have it?

Clan_Graham
01-11-2006, 07:41 PM
Originally posted by steve_v:
The web page we've all had bookmarked for so long is being retired. At this time, everything IL-2 will be found on Pacific Fighters. (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/ubb.x?a=frm&s=400102&f=26310365)

Your comments are welcome.


Hey !!!!!! How did you know I had that bookmarked ????
Are you in my computer ????
Get out you HACKER !!!!!!!
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

robotech
01-11-2006, 07:54 PM
Can't really say that I like the idea. After how many years of going directly to il2sturmovik (I mean by typing the url) now to have it changed to something else means i have to remember to type pacific-fighters with the hyphen to go directly to the sturmovik website.

knightflyte
01-11-2006, 09:45 PM
What if they call it IL-2 Stormuvik?

Oh......... I misunderstood... my bad. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

rnzoli
01-12-2006, 01:51 AM
I feel sorry for this site name, and I hope some Il2 fan or squad will pick it up. For me the Sturmovik is emblematic of a cruel war efforts on the eastern front and the sim which brings that so close to home. Abandoning this name is probably the first sign of abandoning the roots of this sim in all aspects....sad, sad....

Capt.LoneRanger
01-12-2006, 01:56 AM
I hope this is also a sign of movement over to a BoB-Website?

SeaFireLIV
01-12-2006, 02:23 AM
The end of an era. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

Kapteeni
01-12-2006, 02:29 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/cry.gif

WOLFMondo
01-12-2006, 02:29 AM
And with any luck the beginning of a new and better one.

Or a shed load more whining.

TheGozr
01-12-2006, 02:46 AM
Yea STurmovik a cool name..

Anyway..

Grue_
01-12-2006, 06:09 AM
Calling this flight sim Pacific Fighters is misleading.

If I was going to casually buy a WWI flight sim in a shop and was interested in the european theatre and saw CFS3 and Pacific Fighters on the shelf, I would buy CFS3 as I would think that PF would apply only to the PTO (which it does in it's standalone package).

Pacific Fighters should have been an add on to IL-2/FB and they should have been included in a new package called something like the Maddox WWII Flight Simulator (you get the idea).

If BoB is released as BoB and then Med, EF, WF and PTO theatres are added, the same confusion will exist for the casual buyer who will think that the Sim only includes the BoB.

If someone buys PF now and wants to get the integrated game they are unable to find AEP etc. Meanwhile people still casually buy CFS3 because it has a Spitfire on the front.

Marketing shambles really.

Miki40
01-12-2006, 06:16 AM
Originally posted by Grue_:
Calling this flight sim Pacific Fighters is misleading.

If I was going to casually buy a WWI flight sim in a shop and was interested in the european theatre and saw CFS3 and Pacific Fighters on the shelf, I would buy CFS3 as I would think that PF would apply only to the PTO (which it does in it's standalone package).

Pacific Fighters should have been an add on to IL-2/FB and they should have been included in a new package called something like the Maddox WWII Flight Simulator (you get the idea).

If BoB is released as BoB and then Med, EF, WF and PTO theatres are added, the same confusion will exist for the casual buyer who will think that the Sim only includes the BoB.

If someone buys PF now and wants to get the integrated game they are unable to find AEP etc. Meanwhile people still casually buy CFS3 because it has a Spitfire on the front.

Marketing shambles really.

Totaly agree! Shame! http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_frown.gif

-HH-Quazi
01-12-2006, 07:11 AM
I just recently changed to the http://www.pacific-fighters.com for a home page just a few weeks ago. Times do change, eh?

Bearcat99
01-12-2006, 07:34 AM
Memorieeess.... (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/23110283/m/43010056/r/38110256#38110256) Light the corners of my mind..... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-indifferent.gif I could have sworn that thread was a lot longer.... a LOT longer....

(Way too much time on my hands..... )

Old_Canuck
01-12-2006, 01:05 PM
Goodbye Il2 - hellOOOOOOh BoB http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

WTE_Ibis
01-12-2006, 01:20 PM
Originally posted by Grue_:
Calling this flight sim Pacific Fighters is misleading.

If I was going to casually buy a WWI flight sim in a shop and was interested in the european theatre and saw CFS3 and Pacific Fighters on the shelf, I would buy CFS3 as I would think that PF would apply only to the PTO (which it does in it's standalone package).

Pacific Fighters should have been an add on to IL-2/FB and they should have been included in a new package called something like the Maddox WWII Flight Simulator (you get the idea).

If BoB is released as BoB and then Med, EF, WF and PTO theatres are added, the same confusion will exist for the casual buyer who will think that the Sim only includes the BoB.

If someone buys PF now and wants to get the integrated game they are unable to find AEP etc. Meanwhile people still casually buy CFS3 because it has a Spitfire on the front.

Marketing shambles really.
************************************************** *****

Agreed 100%


.

Troll2k
01-12-2006, 05:48 PM
When you get to the main PF page go to the right hand side and click on the skin selector pull down menu and choose IL2 Sturmovik.It will look like the old site.Too bad the skin does not "stick" when coming back to pf the next time.