PDA

View Full Version : Poison

berm87
11-21-2010, 08:32 PM
I've taken a liking to the poison ability, as it generally guarantees high-point assassinations, but I'm wondering how others approach this skill strategically. Do you follow your opponent relentlessly until you catch up with them and then just use it? Do you tail them until they're distracted and then make your move? Do you blend in with a crowd and wait for them to come to you?

Since you have to be in low profile and get extremely close to your target without being noticed, it takes more time than the standard kill. Do you stun your pursuers before you try to poison your assignment?

Basically, I'm just wondering how other people use it effectively. Give me your insights.

GREAZY_FINGAZZ
11-21-2010, 08:34 PM
Get around them while disguised, then just walk towards them, and slip them the poison.

Nick1021
11-21-2010, 08:38 PM
What I do is always flank. But if that doesn't work, I use long lasting knives. And if I'm not in incognito anymore I just run up slowly to him and make sure it stays silent.

stealth995
11-21-2010, 10:06 PM
i walk the entire way (usually fast walk), find out which direction theyre going, and meet them theyre. lock on, bump into em and they never know.

and i use slow acting poison for an even bigger bonus. =)

Oatkeeper
11-21-2010, 10:38 PM
I loved poison in the beta. I just earned my poison for the actual game, and won the first match with it with a little over 6000 points.

poison rocks http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

Toxic_Crow_1
11-22-2010, 02:44 AM
I like to do it face to face. Even if I can follow them which is many that don't seem to notice that someone is following them lol. I have many case where my prey is running right past me. I like using it on the weaker assassins because they have not built the skill to see it coming and that they will be on the lower part of the scoreboard so they would only have one person after them. Meaning no one could steal my kill.

HaxGeneration
11-22-2010, 03:21 AM
I always use Morph with poison, just walk around waiting for my target to come then I get the hidden bonus. I usually get 900+ a kill that way with poison.

Wile E Coyoteee
11-22-2010, 03:50 AM
I've just started playing around with it (though, I'm going back to disguise with smoke bombs so I can get the cloak and dagger challenge easier because I want Strong Disguise to see what it does cause I don't even know. Then I'll go disguise with firecrackers/mute/poison probably, I love disguise)..

But, my whole point was, in the couple hours I'd been using it, I try to cut my target's path off so they're coming at me, then I just bump em and keep going like nothing happened, lol. That screws you out of a 150pt focus bonus though, so sometimes after I pass em, I do an about-face and follow em for 3 seconds for the Focus Bonus as well. I have to say though, probably the most frustrating thing in the whole game to me is someone killing your target before the poison kicks in and only getting 50 points, LoL. They had to balance it out somehow though!

Another thing you can do, and it's so dirty, LoL, is to get close to your target, especially if you're approaching from his front, and smoke bomb him; use it for offense. While he's choking on the smoke, you can to charge up a Focus Bonus before poisoning him to ensure max points out of it. You just really gotta watch out for your pursuer afterwords heheh.

DatSoySauce
11-22-2010, 07:18 AM
Slow Acting Poison for the extra bonus is what I use so far, working on my Rapid Reload still sinec I think I'm halfway thru rank 2.

I seem to get alot of poison kills myself, and think the key is to flank and predict paths. I tend to watch the compass alot, and figure out which way they are walking. Once that is determined, I either run until I know I'm close so I can walk, or fast walk and meet them around the way.

I hardly EVER poison someone from behind, unless they are already in front of me and I'm able to catch up. Easiest way is to flank them and confront them from the front since the distance and gap will close alot faster. Plus more often than not, if they are facing you, they will likely run forward, not backwards, which is great for tagging them with it as they run past you.

Smoke bomb is nice to use for the reason Wil E stated, but of course you just lost two skills then if you do that and have no escape button if need be.

Disguise is nice, and long lasting Disguise is also nice. I have it myself, but actually don't use it with poison. I like to keep one offensive skill, and one hybrid usually.

Right now working on mute challenges, so I have been using mute as my hybrid.

However, I think the BEST combination in conjunction with poison, is long lasting throwing knives.

rocketxsurgeon
11-22-2010, 09:26 AM
I love using poison, I almost always have it on.

I tend to use it whilst approaching the target stealthily. Never running. Then, just slip them the poison and walk past normally, just in case your pursuer is watching.

berm87
11-22-2010, 10:09 AM
Great advice guys. I'm going to experiment with disguise and long-lasting knives. I also use slow-acting poison.

I think it's interesting that you all almost always approach your target from the front. I definitely will give it a shot.

obliviondoll
11-22-2010, 12:37 PM
Haven't got poison yet, but used it in the beta.

I'd just join a moving crowd, and wait. Get close to my target, step from the group and hit them with poison, then fade back into the crowd.

TheXenon
11-22-2010, 01:04 PM
I usually sprint up to the point where they're about to be in sight and close. Then I start fast walking and stuff and sometimes they even run/walk into me and I poison them from there. Works pretty well.