PDA

View Full Version : Hows your Assassination Skills Going To Be in Multiplayer?



TSoul19
07-29-2010, 04:18 PM
Okay everyone whe have a multiplayer mode in AC now, this moment is what some of us have wanted and some did not. I will say it right know I was one of those that said this wouldnt work and so far it looks like Ubisoft has did good so far.

So after becoming a Master Assassin in AC and AC2, Are you ready to show off you Assassination Skill?

On a scale of 1 to 10. How would you rate your skills? Are you worried or ready to start killing? Will you be a Master Assassin in Multiplayer Mode?

Murcuseo
07-29-2010, 04:42 PM
I prosume you're talking about the multiplayer. It probably would have been better if you made that clear somewhere in your thread title or post lol

Anyway, you'll find that a lot of the people that say they'll kick *** in MP... won't.

Most of the skills you've learnt in past titles won't transfer to the MP due to you not dealing with a predictable system. You're chasing a user controlled character not a predictable AI that has limitations. Most people will say they're ready to start killing and they'll kick *** but very few will actually be good at it. Of course we haven't heard anything about the servers Ubisoft will be using so there's always the possibility that the game will be overrun with hackers and cheats, but lets hope not.

If there are private servers I think I will be hosting one but I'm not sure at the moment...

DJKRONOS1982
07-29-2010, 04:51 PM
I played the multi at Comic Con. I would say based on my two games I'm a 7 even though I placed first both times. It took a few minutes to get used to the mechanics and the PS3 controller (only played AC on 360 until recently). Considering it was the first time playing the game type I may get up to an 8 once it's out. Then again, once everyone gets going after release date I could drop to a 5. I have no idea how good the rest of the world is.

jimbo11235813
07-29-2010, 05:32 PM
In single player, 8. In multiplayer, 5.

First of all, my "5" is just because I haven't played any multiplayers apart from shooters (although I loved dragging unsuspecting people off cliffs in the Uncharted 2 trial, did that more than shoot in some levels).

The biggest problem with me is that I'm slow. I plan my route. I look for patrol routes. I love the predictability of AI.
So when it comes to multiplayer, I'll be the guy in the crowd thinking "Ohh, how should I kill that guy over there...Hidden gun, run slash him or...Oh wait, someone's killed him."

Guess I'll find out how good I am when the Beta (and the game) comes out.

Murcuseo
07-29-2010, 05:45 PM
Originally posted by DJKRONOS1982:

I would say based on my two games I'm a 7 even though I placed first both times.

Video footage or it didn't happen good sir http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

TSoul19
07-29-2010, 06:07 PM
Hey Robson19822009 theres now way he can have video because Comic Con does not let anyone one to video tape.

I was at Comic Con, I played AC:B while there and I did good, I would say I was a 8 only because I only play AC on the PS3.

And if you dont believe me go look at my 360 gamertag TSoul19, I have the Noble 6 Helmet which you could only get at Comic Con.

thekyle0
07-29-2010, 07:02 PM
If this (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/sdcc-10-assassins-creed/702023) is reflective of how people played at comicon then I'm not surprised you placed first. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif

Oatkeeper
07-29-2010, 11:37 PM
Originally posted by thekyle0:
If this (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/sdcc-10-assassins-creed/702023) is reflective of how people played at comicon then I'm not surprised you placed first. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif that guy needs a shirt for failing the hardest

On topic: Im gonna use the beta for my chance to get into the multiplayer grooves. Though there are plenty of tricks i cant wait to try out on Non-AI (like wall jumping to lose/confuse pursuers)

FilipinoNinja67
07-30-2010, 12:49 AM
Originally posted by Army_of_Souls:
Okay everyone whe have a multiplayer mode in AC now, this moment is what some of us have wanted and some did not. I will say it right know I was one of those that said this wouldnt work and so far it looks like Ubisoft has did good so far.

So after becoming a Master Assassin in AC and AC2, Are you ready to show off you Assassination Skill?

On a scale of 1 to 10. How would you rate your skills? Are you worried or ready to start killing? Will you be a Master Assassin in Multiplayer Mode?

id say like a 9 for me cuz there is always someone better... but i think ill do pretty good. me and some friends have been using social sttealth in GTA and Red Dead by turning off the map and multiplayer icon and staying in the same town and thats just a good way to practice.... once i walked into the saloon in black water and i looked around for my friend and i went up to the bar and got my head blown off with a sawn off shotgun. my bud was posing as a bartender and it worked pretty well aslong as you dont run and equip the sawn off shotgun (it doesnt stick out of your back as much as other guns)

FilipinoNinja67
07-30-2010, 12:53 AM
Originally posted by Robson19822009:
I prosume you're talking about the multiplayer. It probably would have been better if you made that clear somewhere in your thread title or post lol

Anyway, you'll find that a lot of the people that say they'll kick *** in MP... won't.

Most of the skills you've learnt in past titles won't transfer to the MP due to you not dealing with a predictable system. You're chasing a user controlled character not a predictable AI that has limitations. Most people will say they're ready to start killing and they'll kick *** but very few will actually be good at it. Of course we haven't heard anything about the servers Ubisoft will be using so there's always the possibility that the game will be overrun with hackers and cheats, but lets hope not.

If there are private servers I think I will be hosting one but I'm not sure at the moment...

if you can talk to other peopel in it then a good thing to do is to get inside their head like i do in Cod and splinter cell. lol if i face my friend he wont know who i am till the whole game is over

EzioAssassin51
07-30-2010, 01:46 AM
Originally posted by Oatkeeper:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by thekyle0:
If this (http://www.gametrailers.com/video/sdcc-10-assassins-creed/702023) is reflective of how people played at comicon then I'm not surprised you placed first. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif that guy needs a shirt for failing the hardest

On topic: Im gonna use the beta for my chance to get into the multiplayer grooves. Though there are plenty of tricks i cant wait to try out on Non-AI (like wall jumping to lose/confuse pursuers) </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Lol Yeah!

I will probably do the same as Oath, but i also agree with Rob, there are going to be quite a few braggers on here that say they rock!

But, I will probably post how i will rate after i play the BETA!

Rumble_Strike
07-30-2010, 06:58 AM
I'm absolutely rubbish! I'll be assassin's fodder for everyone :P

The-Shadow-One
07-30-2010, 07:33 AM
i'm going to be like i'm normaly am.
good then bad then good then bad.

TheEpicWolf
07-30-2010, 07:36 AM
I think the best i'll get to is 7 or 8. But tbh i've not played anything for awhile and i can't remember the last time i played AC or AC2, i used to be freaking awesome at them though which is why i'm hoping i get to at least 7 xD

When i first play though i'm probably gonna die in really dumb ways http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

El_Sjietah
07-30-2010, 07:52 AM
Judging by the massive amount of complaints about having to side jump in AC2, all it will take is one those to lose 90% of your chasers.

notafanboy
07-30-2010, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by El_Sjietah:
Judging by the massive amount of complaints about having to side jump in AC2, all it will take is one those to lose 90% of your chasers.
haha im a master at side jumps i think i will use it http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/59.gif

Murcuseo
07-30-2010, 08:54 AM
Originally posted by Army_of_Souls:
Hey Robson19822009 theres now way he can have video because Comic Con does not let anyone one to video tape.

I was at Comic Con, I played AC:B while there and I did good, I would say I was a 8 only because I only play AC on the PS3.

And if you dont believe me go look at my 360 gamertag TSoul19, I have the Noble 6 Helmet which you could only get at Comic Con.

Sorry, that means nothing to me... video footage or it didn't happen.

Seeing as you couldn't get video footage.... it didn't happen http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I can't wait until some of these self claimed 7 & 8 'ers get onto the real servers and play pros rather than nerds and kids at comic con.

*looks into the future and sees them as a self-depricating 4*

SBRedFlag
07-30-2010, 08:58 AM
I agree this thread is full of overconfident people and hypocrites.
Saying "Lot's of people say they're good but they suck. By the way I'm really awesome at it." doesn't exactly make you seem very awesome at it...

DJKRONOS1982
07-30-2010, 09:29 AM
Originally posted by Robson19822009:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Army_of_Souls:
Hey Robson19822009 theres now way he can have video because Comic Con does not let anyone one to video tape.

I was at Comic Con, I played AC:B while there and I did good, I would say I was a 8 only because I only play AC on the PS3.

And if you dont believe me go look at my 360 gamertag TSoul19, I have the Noble 6 Helmet which you could only get at Comic Con.

Sorry, that means nothing to me... video footage or it didn't happen.

Seeing as you couldn't get video footage.... it didn't happen http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

I can't wait until some of these self claimed 7 & 8 'ers get onto the real servers and play pros rather than nerds and kids at comic con.

*looks into the future and sees them as a self-depricating 4* </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I'm up for a friendly game. Which platform are you purchasing the game on?

EDIT: I'll be getting this on PS3, and will try to get on the beta. PSN ID: UnderwAirWolf

joesope
07-30-2010, 09:42 AM
I think I will be ok at about a 6 to 7(hopefuly) but i am most looking forward to the single player

Murcuseo
07-30-2010, 09:47 AM
Originally posted by DJKRONOS1982:

I'm up for a friendly game. Which platform are you purchasing the game on?

EDIT: I'll be getting this on PS3, and will try to get on the beta. PSN ID: UnderwAirWolf

Unfortunately I'll be waiting for the PC release but if I'm ever near a PS3 I'll post up and we can battle http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

I'd have a lot of fun battling most of the people on this forum I think, there's a few in particular I'd enjoy killing more than others right enough http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

El_Sjietah
07-30-2010, 10:40 AM
You probably won't even recognise me, since I haven't used this nick in years http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Deathgrim666
07-30-2010, 10:46 AM
I am kinda of a big deal in mp....

DJKRONOS1982
07-30-2010, 11:56 AM
Originally posted by Robson19822009:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DJKRONOS1982:

I'm up for a friendly game. Which platform are you purchasing the game on?

EDIT: I'll be getting this on PS3, and will try to get on the beta. PSN ID: UnderwAirWolf

Unfortunately I'll be waiting for the PC release but if I'm ever near a PS3 I'll post up and we can battle http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

I'd have a lot of fun battling most of the people on this forum I think, there's a few in particular I'd enjoy killing more than others right enough http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Works for me. I wonder how they're gonna handle (***) on Brotherhood for PC. Heard it was a nightmare for AC2.

Murcuseo
07-30-2010, 12:18 PM
Originally posted by DJKRONOS1982:

Works for me. I wonder how they're gonna handle ??? on Brotherhood for PC. Heard it was a nightmare for AC2.

Oh no he didn't! lol

Careful where you type those 3 particular letters around here. Raising that topic of discussion in other threads tends to have an explosive/thread closing effect lol

I'd suggest swift deletion or editing of said post before someone spots it and takes it upon themself to endlessly rant about it and cause an avalanche of abuse!

TheEpicWolf
07-30-2010, 12:30 PM
Originally posted by Robson19822009:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DJKRONOS1982:

Works for me. I wonder how they're gonna handle ??? on Brotherhood for PC. Heard it was a nightmare for AC2.

Oh no he didn't! lol

Careful where you type those 3 particular letters around here. Raising that topic of discussion in other threads tends to have an explosive/thread closing effect lol

I'd suggest swift deletion or editing of said post before someone spots it and takes it upon themself to endlessly rant about it and cause an avalanche of abuse! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Robsons right, it's like saying "Macbeth" in a theatre http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/88.gif http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

SBRedFlag
07-30-2010, 12:49 PM
Or saying "bomb" on an airplane. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-surprised.gif

erastesdotcom
07-30-2010, 01:52 PM
I would think I'm going to be pretty rubbish at least to start with - but I'm going to be practising pretty hard with AC2 and beef up my stealth rather than my fighting, and hope that by the time it goes live I won't make too much of a twit of myself. I haven't tried any multiplayers yet even though I have MGear games and the like- too scared of showing myself up

DJKRONOS1982
07-30-2010, 02:15 PM
Originally posted by Robson19822009:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DJKRONOS1982:

Works for me. I wonder how they're gonna handle ??? on Brotherhood for PC. Heard it was a nightmare for AC2.

Oh no he didn't! lol

Careful where you type those 3 particular letters around here. Raising that topic of discussion in other threads tends to have an explosive/thread closing effect lol

I'd suggest swift deletion or editing of said post before someone spots it and takes it upon themself to endlessly rant about it and cause an avalanche of abuse! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Relax, had no idea.

El_Sjietah
07-30-2010, 02:16 PM
Originally posted by erastesdotcom:
I would think I'm going to be pretty rubbish at least to start with - but I'm going to be practising pretty hard with AC2 and beef up my stealth rather than my fighting, and hope that by the time it goes live I won't make too much of a twit of myself. I haven't tried any multiplayers yet even though I have MGear games and the like- too scared of showing myself up

Don't worry, no one cares if you look stupid. Especially in a non-team based multiplayer mode. Chances are people will have forgotten all about you the moment the game ends http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

RebeccaLH
07-30-2010, 05:26 PM
I dont think that i will be too good il be the easy target haha.

itsamea-mario
07-31-2010, 03:15 AM
ill be like i am on most multiplayer games probably, die alot then have a little winning streak, then back to dying alot.
although its hard to know without playing it as this multiplayer is alot different than most multiplayer games. so ill say 6 maybe 7.