PDA

View Full Version : WHERE ARE THE ASSASSINS?!

zebronly
01-10-2010, 05:29 PM
Alright i've finished ac2 3 times now and i really wanted to know something...where are all the assassins?!In AC there were heaps of them...you know the hooded ones that actually were followers of the creed and now we've just got the thieves and prostitutes oh yeah and good old uncle Mario (Which when i first saw him i cracked up how he said 'It's a me Mario!')
Anyway that all said i would've loved to seen more REAL assassins rather then 5 people and the rest all being mercenaries.
please share your thoughts.

DLTyrus
01-10-2010, 06:09 PM
Spoilers ahead, obviously, for anyone who hasn't finished the game (just in case.)

Everyone you meet along your journey, all the people you interact with (bar your mother/brothers/sister and leonardo) turns out to be an assassin. In AC1 both orders were much more pronounced and active, in AC2 both are much more secrective and mysterious, not only because you're playing a character that is naive to the presence of the Assassin organisation, but because both organistions are no longer thought to exist by the normal world, and so much remain hidden.

NekoKera
01-10-2010, 10:03 PM
Assassin's Creed 2 seems to be more story based with character development. Just saying someone is an Assassin versus finding out through a progression of events are day and night experience-wise and they do *actually* fight if you decide to kick-back on a specific mission and if anyone were to see Assassins roaming the streets the panic is obvious during this age. With the Templars going underground because of the target presented on them...Altair choses to do so with his clan to protect the Brotherhood. Around the time of the Renaissance, this has become more of a way of life during a world of change and realism, note, Ezio..."I thought that was just a bunch of fairytales..." leaving an impact of the world, not recognizing the two opposing forces even up to modern ages, Desmond: "I'm a prisoner of war, a war I never knew existed, waged by two groups I never thought were real..." In a sense it wouldn't make "sense" if the two groups hadn't gone underground because Desmond would have obviously not been surprised to be taken by Absturgo and just considered himself a test subject helping the good of humanity...ect, ect.

InfernalTyrant
01-10-2010, 10:05 PM
Actually Leonardo was not an Assassin...
He said bar Leonardo.

NekoKera
01-10-2010, 10:06 PM
Originally posted by InfernalTyrant:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Actually Leonardo was not an Assassin...
He said bar Leonardo. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
My bad on that one. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif

Thanks for the correction.

Azugo
01-11-2010, 12:33 AM
Those people are Assassin's in their own right.

AC1 had lots of Assassin's because that was near when they established.
Where as, in AC2, I guess the Assassin's have sort-of died off a bit.

SWJS
01-11-2010, 01:54 AM
He said bar Leonardo.
Actually, even though Leonardo wasn't an assassin himself, he was highly involved on the Assassin side of the Assassin/Templar conflict.

InfernalTyrant
01-11-2010, 02:04 AM
Yeah, but that doesn't make him an assassin.

the amolang
01-11-2010, 05:17 AM
Originally posted by DLTyrus:
Everyone you meet along your journey, all the people you interact with (bar your mother/brothers/sister and leonardo) turns out to be an assassin.

Actually your brothers are assassins, well your older brother is. It says somewhere (it might be in the Lineage films) that your older brother was being trained by your father to be an assassin.

Assassin_M
01-11-2010, 07:06 AM
Originally posted by amolang:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DLTyrus:
Everyone you meet along your journey, all the people you interact with (bar your mother/brothers/sister and leonardo) turns out to be an assassin.

Actually your brothers are assassins, well your older brother is. It says somewhere (it might be in the Lineage films) that your older brother was being trained by your father to be an assassin. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Its been confirmed several times through the Film and Previews that Federico already received his Assassin Training

P459
01-11-2010, 08:50 AM
Originally posted by Assassin_M:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by amolang:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by DLTyrus:

Actually your brothers are assassins, well your older brother is. It says somewhere (it might be in the Lineage films) that your older brother was being trained by your father to be an assassin. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Its been confirmed several times through the Film and Previews that Federico already received his Assassin Training </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I have'nt seen that anywhere. Could you provide a link? Not that I dont believe you, but IŽd like to see it for my self.

DLTyrus
01-11-2010, 01:28 PM
Its been confirmed several times through the Film and Previews that Federico already received his Assassin Training

Aah, interesting. I never heard about the lineage series until after I'd finished AC2 sadly, and I didn't really read many of the previews since I knew I wanted the game and wanted to be suprised my as much as possible. Thanks for the info though. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif