PDA

View Full Version : How to BnZ at AI Planes?

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 09:14 AM
Hi there!

Though I got FB short after it was released I've never had enough time to really get into it. Now I want to try it again.

I plan to start a Pilot Career as a german fighter pilot at the beginning of the war. So I'll fly the Me109 I think.

As far as I know the 109'er isn't a plane for turnfights but for BnZ.

If I understand the tactic behind BnZ right I have to spot the enemy plane from above and try to dive down at him, hit him and get up again so he can't reach me.

To do this I figure I have to surprise him - I can't imagine how to hit a plane which makes defensive manoevers while I'm diving and getting lots of speed.

Now I've read that AI planes can't be surprised. They see you through clouds, against the sun or from behind! True?

So - how to solve this problem? Is there something wrong about my thinking? Is my knowledge wrong?

Thanks,
-Vic-

P.S. Sorry for any mistakes I made - I'm just a german guy trying to write in a foreign language ...

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 09:14 AM
Hi there!

Though I got FB short after it was released I've never had enough time to really get into it. Now I want to try it again.

I plan to start a Pilot Career as a german fighter pilot at the beginning of the war. So I'll fly the Me109 I think.

As far as I know the 109'er isn't a plane for turnfights but for BnZ.

If I understand the tactic behind BnZ right I have to spot the enemy plane from above and try to dive down at him, hit him and get up again so he can't reach me.

To do this I figure I have to surprise him - I can't imagine how to hit a plane which makes defensive manoevers while I'm diving and getting lots of speed.

Now I've read that AI planes can't be surprised. They see you through clouds, against the sun or from behind! True?

So - how to solve this problem? Is there something wrong about my thinking? Is my knowledge wrong?

Thanks,
-Vic-

P.S. Sorry for any mistakes I made - I'm just a german guy trying to write in a foreign language ...

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 09:21 AM
Hm, isn't it possible to edit a message here?

Anyway - just another question:

Is the a good Cougar-profile for FB that you would recommend?

I don't have extra Rudder Pedals so a profile where the rudders work with a pot would be appreciated.

Thx,
-Vic-

Ah, now I see how to edit messages ... arghh ... sorry for two posting

Message Edited on 08/15/0308:21AM by Vicente_cgn

Zayets
08-15-2003, 09:21 AM
True , you can't surprise AI pilots. First , patch your game with the 1.1b patch. That should be about 40 megs. BnZ will not work with fighters that much. You can still perform Bnz against AI fighters if:
-they head home with empty magazines
-they lost so much E that they have to recover it and they fly straight.
- they engaged a friendly a/c and pay attention to that one.
Me , didn't found any other moments when I can bnz the AI.
And yes , they still see through the clouds. I don't think this can be fixed though.

Zayets out

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 09:25 AM
Thank you for the fast response!

Hm, then it's maybe better for a beginner to start on the russian side with a plane that's able to turnfight, hm? Otherwise it could get complicated for a Newbie to watch your six, fly defensive and to try to be in the right position at the right moment to make a BnZ ... ;-)

Bye,
-Vic-

Zayets
08-15-2003, 09:45 AM
Take the plane that suit you best. what do you like more TnB or BnZ? Some planes are just not made for TnB. Russian ones are TnB if you don't count American ones although Cobra can be very effective in TnB , Germans Bnz. If it happens that you like an aircraft , stick with that one and learn its limits. Learn its good points and bad points. Tactics? Well that depends. If you fly with AI mates then is like you're pretty much by yourself. If you fly online with human mates then you'll learn from them.
Oh , one more thing , you can BnZ bombers AI all day long , probably is good for practice.Myself I'm pretty much a mudmover but time to time I take the Wuerger for a ride. BnZ is the order of the day./i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif
Good luck!

Zayets out

XyZspineZyX
08-15-2003, 10:04 AM
Hm - I'm not sure what I like more. BnZ seems to be more complicated and not always possible against AI because of the above mentioned reasons. But on the other hand I would like to fly the ME109 ... there's a decision I have to make.

I don't want to fly online but offline only. Too bad that the AI won't be of much help then.

Perhaps I should try to concentrate on A/G like you and try the ME109-E (wasn't that the "bomber"-version?). Then the AI wouldn't be such a big headache, I could fly an ME109 and after dropping the load there still would be the one or other airfight waiting for me.

Which plane do you fly?

Bye,
-Vic-

Zayets
08-15-2003, 10:17 AM
Wait for harcore Bnz'ers here to read your post. You'll learn from them much more than you could learn from me. No matter what you use , TnB or Bnz , learn deflection shooting. Watch the training movie supplied , is a start but far of being the perfect example. Being a mudmover won't guarantee you an easy life. You're way too limited in actions that you can take to counter the attacker. And if there's a fighter , average one , that picked you as his next mark on his fuselage you're pretty much dead. My first mission in FB with the IL2 ended very bad. All our flight was killed by a bunch of FW190A4. Nothing to do against them. Is for that I learn to handle the Jug . I'm in my 3rd month with the Jug and I still discover good/bad things about it.

Zayets out

XyZspineZyX
08-19-2003, 02:30 PM
So, is there perhaps someone else who has good tips for me how to fight the AI-planes?

Bye,
-Vic-