PDA

View Full Version : The Borgias

Mad_Fox84
06-18-2011, 01:11 PM
Is anybody going to watch this new drama with Jeremy Irons? It starts at the beginning of July, on Sky Atlantic in the UK.
I guess it's already finished for you Americans? What was it like? I hear that it's been renewed for a second series, so it can't be that bad.
I know this isn't related to Assassins Creed, but seeing as though the Borgia's have been a bit part of it, I thought it was an appropriate topic.

Inorganic9_2
06-18-2011, 01:33 PM
I wish I could get Sky Atlantic on freeview

thekyle0
06-18-2011, 01:53 PM
I saw them all. I thought it was very entertaining, although I was a bit put off by the level of graphic lewdness they portrayed. I was also a little annoyed by the many contradictions to historical fact, but it is just a drama and not meant to be seen as a documentary. Overall, I'd recommend it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Mad_Fox84
06-18-2011, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by Inorganic9_2:
I wish I could get Sky Atlantic on freeview
Don't worry I'm sure you watch it online somewhere. Try torrents.

I am looking forward to it.. love historical dramas.

payrob07
06-18-2011, 06:00 PM
Originally posted by thekyle0:
I saw them all. I thought it was very entertaining, although I was a bit put off by the level of graphic lewdness they portrayed. I was also a little annoyed by the many contradictions to historical fact, but it is just a drama and not meant to be seen as a documentary. Overall, I'd recommend it. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

It was funny how we grew to like Cesare.

thekyle0
06-18-2011, 09:35 PM
I never really needed to grow to like Cesare. I've always admired his accomplishments so I naturally fell into liking his character. I'm kind of happy they decided to forgo what he was really like in the early 1490's, a bit of a dandy, for the character he developed into by the summer of 1499 as he accompanied Louis XII's invasion of Italy, pragmatic, confident, dressed in his inky black cloak, the infamous Duke of Valentinois (Il Valentino as the Italians called him).