PDA

View Full Version : **Possible AC1 and AC2 Weapon Spoilers** Sword

Chris6067
11-16-2009, 09:12 PM
In AC2 You are able to get "The Sword of Altair" which looks the same as the second sword (if I am not mistaken) that you get in the first Assassin's Creed. What I do not understand is that the best sword in the first game is the 3rd one you get, on Memory Block 6 I think. Just wondering if anyone knows why this is.

An_Idea
11-16-2009, 09:20 PM
i think the only reason is that it is altairs only sword with the butt of the hilt shaped like an eagle

Chris6067
11-16-2009, 09:23 PM
That makes sense, never thought of that... lol

Pendragon_082
11-16-2009, 10:18 PM
Originally posted by An_Idea:
i think the only reason is that it is altairs only sword with the butt of the hilt shaped like an eagle

Good eyes. I never even used the big sword in AC1, so I'd have never noticed.

HeartlessDevilN
11-17-2009, 01:53 AM
noticed 2 other thing aswell when ezio is at the excution he pulls out his sword with it almost exactly the same chape as altiars last sword on mem block 7

also when u start the game with baby ezio notice how all the buttons for moving indicate wat move ezio fights with like a is to move the legs (in combat) a knees ur opponent and y is to headbut (as baby) it moves baby ezios head (nice one ubisoft ^^)

JudgeQwerty
11-17-2009, 05:42 PM
Actually, I just bought an 'Old Syrian Sword' very early in the game. It looks JUST like Altar's last sword in the original.

GkrewZ
11-17-2009, 09:28 PM
I did the same lol
but i also just got Altair's outfit and the Auditore cript from uplay...ill get the throwing knives last

GODOFBLOOD68
02-24-2010, 09:19 PM
they are the same sword.

shimpaku
02-24-2010, 09:40 PM
The idea of having to purchase Alair's sword from a blacksmith is totally absurd in AC2. It should have been one of the items that you acquire just like his armor and Alair's outfit and not having to buy it. For that matter, what the hell is a blacksmith doing with it anyway?

FarplaneAbyss
02-26-2010, 05:19 PM
As far as I'm aware the reason it is called the sword of altair is not because it was supposed to be used in AC1 but because it was the sword altair was wearing during desmonds hallucination

shimpaku
02-26-2010, 05:34 PM
Originally posted by FarplaneAbyss:
As far as I'm aware the reason it is called the sword of altair is not because it was supposed to be used in AC1 but because it was the sword altair was wearing during desmonds hallucination

Not really sure just what you mean by Desmond's "hallucination"?

Rathour
03-04-2010, 08:19 PM
Originally posted by shimpaku:
The idea of having to purchase Alair's sword from a blacksmith is totally absurd in AC2. It should have been one of the items that you acquire just like his armor and Alair's outfit and not having to buy it. For that matter, what the hell is a blacksmith doing with it anyway?
From what I remember, you can only buy it in the Villa, correct? It's possible MArio got ahold of it, didn't know what it was, and sold it to the blacksmith...one of many possible theories http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

originally posted by shimpaku:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by FarplaneAbyss:

Not really sure just what you mean by Desmond's "hallucination"? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

After memory Sequence...7? When Desmond gets taken out of the Animus and has to activate all of the warehouse alarms using freerunning he learned from Ezio. As he's goingback to his room, he hallucinates that he's Altair and he chases after Altair's wife (Her name is in the Codex Pages, but I haven't the time or motivation to look it up).

AnthonyA85
03-06-2010, 05:41 PM
Originally posted by Rathour:

After memory Sequence...7? When Desmond gets taken out of the Animus and has to activate all of the warehouse alarms using freerunning he learned from Ezio. As he's goingback to his room, he hallucinates that he's Altair and he chases after Altair's wife (Her name is in the Codex Pages, but I haven't the time or motivation to look it up).

Altair's wife is called Maria.