PDA

View Full Version : DLC Suggestions

brickhead119
06-17-2009, 05:30 PM
I know i just posted a multiplayer ideas thread but this is another locked thread that i think should be revived. I explained in multiplayer why i got locked so dont think im a spammer.

But this is a topic for all things you want in the game that isnt already added in and nothing that has nothing to do with the game like Space travel because im pretty sure that isnt gonna happen and you can use existing ideas and improve like the reward system for collecting the flags you can say what you want for the reward to be.

Ill start us off.

Area:

Palermo: A harbor city in the island of Sicily a plentiful city with some country side. There is the Palermo Cathedral and Martorana both famous churches in Palermo. The draw to this area could be wrongful smuggling and slave trading in the harbor and you need to find out who is controlling this.

That is my idea for now Post your ideas!!

Sarcross
06-17-2009, 06:43 PM
Don't ever mention DLC, DLC is just another ploy to make money. IF the DLC is free, then that's different, and it should be called an add on or an update.

Serenity9066
06-17-2009, 07:11 PM
Originally posted by Sarcross:
Don't ever mention DLC, DLC is just another ploy to make money. IF the DLC is free, then that's different, and it should be called an add on or an update.

I agree. If they wanted something put in the game they would already have it in the game. Other wise save it till the next one. It's a rip off when you buy the game, then realize later that it's not as complete as it could have been, and they're making up for it in cheap addons. I hate it when game makers do that. Might work on a PC but they have to think of the game consoles as well. I'm not going to buy the console game then the game for the PC just for extra goodies. They would be ignoring the rest of the people they want to market to when they have to keep up the addons.
Not very smart.. This isn't an online game :/.

brickhead119
06-17-2009, 07:18 PM
This topic has nothing to do with cost its just things you know will not be in the game. if you read you would of understood what i meant. What i said was Palermo. THAT IS IN SICILY study the geography of Italy and you will learn florence and venice are no where near sicily. Thats why Palermo could work. I didnt say that it should be payed for personally i think it should be free.

But dont flame my topic (not saying you are) but stay on topic and dont talk about cost.

Serenity9066
06-17-2009, 07:26 PM
Has it been done for free before? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

brickhead119
06-17-2009, 07:27 PM
I dont know if Ubisoft has ever done it free. But Valve has with Left 4 Dead they released a small DLC package for free.

But almost all Suggestions are Welcome as long as they fit.

So Post Your Ideas!!!

Losk_
06-17-2009, 07:57 PM
Milan: this is where Da Vinci lived in 1486. Could see his workshop and whatnot.

ScytheOfGrim
06-18-2009, 01:02 AM
Originally posted by Serenity9066:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Sarcross:

I agree. If they wanted something put in the game they would already have it in the game. Other wise save it till the next one. It's a rip off when you buy the game, then realize later that it's not as complete as it could have been, and they're making up for it in cheap addons. I hate it when game makers do that. Might work on a PC but they have to think of the game consoles as well. I'm not going to buy the console game then the game for the PC just for extra goodies. They would be ignoring the rest of the people they want to market to when they have to keep up the addons.
Not very smart.. This isn't an online game :/. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You guys should be getting ready for a disappointment.

- There's a free bonus map coming with the game if you pre-order at GameStop.
- You can get six extra weapons if you connect AC2 with AC: Bloodlines (PSP).
- There are three bonus missions in the Black Edition.

If they stick those three things together, you've got a full-fledged, sneaky and sly downloadable package coming.

And to make it seem like they put in so much effort into it, they may very well add a few more weapons, missions or maybe even costumes.

Very well done, Ubi. Very well done, indeed.

the amolang
06-18-2009, 07:00 AM
Originally posted by Losk_:
Milan: this is where Da Vinci lived in 1486. Could see his workshop and whatnot.

+1,000,000... this is one of the cities i want to see most!

btw, i don't understand why people don't want to spend money on dlc. it would be pretty dumb for a developer to make a WHOLE NEW AREA for FREE. as long as the price is reasonable then I would gladly pay the money. If it was a huge pack I would even pay 20 bucks for it. Just consider that you are basically buying a sequel or expansion pack.

I think it is wrong if a developer releases a dlc within a month or so of the game's release but why not make people pay for it if you are releasing something that you worked hard on after you already worked hard on the game?

i find it sad that people now want everything for free nowadays, of course it is nice to get free stuff, but you got to consider the makers. They need to be payed too! They want to get their salary for a full day's of work too! Why should you get it free? Especially on a pack that has been worked on for months?

I would pay twenty bucks for a pack that would be similar in size as R*'s GTA 4 DLC pack. in fact i would probably pay more...

ScytheOfGrim
06-18-2009, 08:32 AM
Originally posted by amolang:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Losk_:

+1,000,000... this is one of the cities i want to see most!

btw, i don't understand why people don't want to spend money on dlc. it would be pretty dumb for a developer to make a WHOLE NEW AREA for FREE. as long as the price is reasonable then I would gladly pay the money. If it was a huge pack I would even pay 20 bucks for it. Just consider that you are basically buying a sequel or expansion pack.

I think it is wrong if a developer releases a dlc within a month or so of the game's release but why not make people pay for it if you are releasing something that you worked hard on after you already worked hard on the game?

i find it sad that people now want everything for free nowadays, of course it is nice to get free stuff, but you got to consider the makers. They need to be payed too! They want to get their salary for a full day's of work too! Why should you get it free? Especially on a pack that has been worked on for months?

I would pay twenty bucks for a pack that would be similar in size as R*'s GTA 4 DLC pack. in fact i would probably pay more... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

The problem is that many of these devs produce the DLC for these high-profile games at the same time as they make the game itself, so everything is done when the game releases.

The argument against it is why do that? Why try to suck as much money out of us as possible?
Give us what you made. The whole package. Not half of it, despite the other half lying around on your desk.

And I'll hand it to them: that's a very good argument.

Now, if the DLC was made after the game was released, and after the devs have finished working on the original product, it makes sense to pay them overtime for their extra efforts.

No company will pay you extra if you don't work overtime, and it's the same concept here.

brickhead119
06-18-2009, 01:06 PM
Thanks for all your replies to the topic and the ideas.

When i think of more ideas i will post them.

Dimension3500
06-18-2009, 02:05 PM
Originally posted by Serenity9066:
Has it been done for free before? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Mass Effect's DLC was for free....
but its not from Ubisoft...
We're screwed..

Serenity9066
06-18-2009, 02:27 PM

Well you see.. the thing is.. We shouldn't be the ones having to consider it's something other then what they say it is. I think they would be better off putting all of that in one game. I mean they might not have time for it now, but the thing is they want to make a third game. I say give us something more to look forward to then dealing it out in small packages.

EDIT: Damn you gamestop, and your growing monopoly!

Kidding.. proceed.

mboltevski
06-18-2009, 05:06 PM
Frankly I would't mind a dlc if its gonna be availabel for the pc.

I still cant forgive em for Prince of Persia.

Samuel032593
06-19-2009, 01:08 AM
To tell the truth, I would like to see a DLC pack for the original AC. I've always wanted to know more about Altair. In my oppinion, Altair was an under developed character. But, they may answer those needs in this next game and allow us to know more of Altair without DLC. Sorry for going a bit off topic, but it's something I've always wanted lol. C Ya.

Xanatos2007
06-19-2009, 01:13 AM
I'd prefer if Altair remained a mystery. Hopefully they'll do that with Ezio, although we pretty much already know his backstory.

brickhead119
06-19-2009, 07:10 PM
New Idea!!!

Area:

The Catacombs:

A mythical area made famous by story tellers. It is a Vast underground system full of treasure,mystery and danger. Under the City of Venice is where the catacombs reside. Only 3 buildings have access to it and a few canals have underwater access. Supposably an illegal shipping of goods happen in these catacombs. But it is you who will have to find out. Under a canal is an entrance and thats where you start. The catacombs are huge with many chambers. There is a room that is hidden that has a lot of money. There is a Big story under here with 3 assassinations all of which tie into the trade.

that is my idea for now please post your own.

DearDirty
06-19-2009, 09:40 PM
Perhaps just a bunch of side missions in Tuscany for after finishing most other things. Small fun type missions that don't take much effort, but twist and turn ever so slightly.

katz_bg
06-20-2009, 03:21 AM
Here's a suggestion about DLC:
Don't make any! Put everything IN the game. That way everyone will have access to it, and not just people of the most profitable regions.

brickhead119
06-20-2009, 08:18 AM
Katz sometimes they cant include it all due to time constraints. But why do you care if its fun and they couldnt keep it in the original would you still play it? I know i would because any addon probably is fun if its on AC2. If its huge like a whole new story i would gladly pay the amount i payed for The Lost and Damned for GTA4.

brickhead119
06-20-2009, 09:42 AM
New Idea!!

Weapon:

Jiujiebian:

The Jiujiebian is a Nine section chain whip which has a metal dart at one end and a handle on the other. Easily concealed and a very good weapon. It has decent range but it is very damaging to unarmored guards and exposed areas for armored guards. Its special move could be a damaging slice to someones neck. It is Very fast look at the video below.

Video: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iMZNAB9MeEc

Picture: http://farm1.static.flickr.com...47675_951fb2efcc.jpg (http://farm1.static.flickr.com/38/79347675_951fb2efcc.jpg)

that is a duller one.

That is my idea for now.

Post your ideas!!!

bladencrowd
06-20-2009, 11:16 AM
nice, i'll add to my weapons thingy forum.

brickhead119
06-23-2009, 08:51 PM
Just reviving the Topics.

Dont be shy to post ideas.

the amolang
06-23-2009, 10:43 PM
Originally posted by brickhead119:
New Idea!!

Weapon:

Jiujiebian:

The Jiujiebian is a Nine section chain whip which has a metal dart at one end and a handle on the other. Easily concealed and a very good weapon. It has decent range but it is very damaging to unarmored guards and exposed areas for armored guards. Its special move could be a damaging slice to someones neck. It is Very fast look at the video below.

Picture: http://farm1.static.flickr.com...47675_951fb2efcc.jpg (http://farm1.static.flickr.com/38/79347675_951fb2efcc.jpg)

that is a duller one.

That is my idea for now.

Post your ideas!!!

that is pretty cool, the only thing is that it wouldn't fit into the European Renaissance period...

anyways, i think it would be cool if they could have things similar to the pre order bonuses that they have been promising to different retailers. things like extra side missions, buildings that you can enter... etc... i would get it as long as it was priced well

Realjambo
06-24-2009, 12:02 AM
Just reviving the Topics.

Dont be shy to post ideas.

Is that like 'Bumping' then? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_rolleyes.gif

brickhead119
06-24-2009, 08:59 AM
New Idea!!

Collection Reward:

Special Blacksmith:
The Special blacksmith is one of the unlockables if you collect all the flags in the area between cities. He is a civilian from one of the small towns hidden in the area between the major cities. He can make special weapons for you and customize them.

Like this blade: http://ec1.images-amazon.com/images/I/41SQE2KFTYL.jpg

He can customize blades with colors. And He unlocks 2 weapons for you to use that are unavailable untill you get him.

Thats my idea for now Post Your Ideas!!

dogmeat_287
06-24-2009, 10:04 AM
I know this is a really stupid thing to ask... http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif but I was wondering what a DLC is?

brickhead119
06-24-2009, 03:04 PM
DLC stands for Downloadable Content

MrNussbaum
06-24-2009, 05:42 PM
Originally posted by Dimension3500:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Serenity9066:

Mass Effect's DLC was for free....
but its not from Ubisoft...
We're screwed.. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Um, Mass Effect's DLC was not free.

brickhead119
06-26-2009, 10:20 AM
New Ideas!!

Unlockables:

Galenor (Gal-i-nore): After collecting more objects in the area between the cities you unlock a very good horse from one of the small towns. Galenor is the best horse you could possibly get in the game. He is a very fast horse and is equipped with decent armor so he cannot get hurt by blades and arrows. He will wait for you at the Stables of whatever city you stop at.

loveboof
06-26-2009, 10:40 AM
The only DLC I'd be happy to pay for would be an online multiplayer mode.

Plot wise, why would Desmond suddenly decide to access memories of Ezio in a whole new city or something??

brickhead119
06-26-2009, 11:06 AM
Desmond doesnt decide its abstergo who controls where he goes. So if they want him to go some place they will make him go there. And what do you mean the only area i mentioned is The Catacombs which is under Venice.

loveboof
06-26-2009, 11:13 AM
'a whole new city' was mentioned by someone else, and anyway it was just an example to prove my point.

What I meant was that any DLC giving you access to new areas as Ezio would have to be sound with the plot.

caswallawn_2k7
06-26-2009, 11:16 AM
it is also possible some1 else could of took controle with the way the game ended/was heading

obliviondoll
06-26-2009, 11:30 PM
New Ideas!!

Unlockables:
He is a very fast horse and is equipped with decent armor
Didn't Oblivion have Horse armour? Didn't everyone call it a stupid idea then?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by brickhead119:
The Jiujiebian is a Nine section chain whip. It is Very fast look at the video below.

that is pretty cool, the only thing is that it wouldn't fit into the European Renaissance period... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
In addition to the reason quoted, it's not a "fast" weapon in Assassin style. It may be fast once it's in motion, but it's not fast starting, stopping, or being put away.

On the other side of the topic... Any time any "exclusive pre-order bonus" is released to a single store, I think the developers have a responsibility to make that extra available through alternative means. Even moreso if different stores get different bonuses.

Obviously, you don't want to cheapen the pre-order allure, so it should cost extra if you don't pre-order. If they release multiple exclusives at different stores, they should make a pack with all of them, and have that pack cost slightly less than each individual extra, but slightly more than all but one (again, to aviod cheapening the pre-order bonus)

brickhead119
06-29-2009, 09:16 PM
Sorry i want to keep this topic alive so people please post or give me an idea and ill elaborate on it.

(oh and on a side note Uchicha i sent you a message for me teaching you italian look at your messages if you read this)

Post your Ideas!!

godsmack_darius
06-29-2009, 09:25 PM
Hahaha THREE hidden blades one on both hands, and then one on your foot http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/16x16_smiley-tongue.gif

brickhead119
07-04-2009, 06:58 PM
Just reviving this topic i dont want it to slip away.

Just post your ideas!!!

AetosEagle
07-04-2009, 08:03 PM
I got one guys!!

Free:

It means you can get what you paid for, and waited 4 months for, not what producers have decided to cost extra for weapons, missions and side quests. E.g. Black Hooded Ezio.

Seriously though, why? DLC? Just silly. Maybe if it was cheap, but knowing the demand rate that it will be, it will be expensive, and ridiculous.

Realjambo
07-05-2009, 02:05 AM
Just reviving this topic i dont want it to slip away.

Just post your ideas!!!

brickhead119 STOP bumping this thread.

This is the third time you have done it now. Threads live or die on their own merits, don't keep posting just to push it back to the top of the thread page.

Consider this a warning.

kahuna390
11-16-2009, 11:32 AM
i think it would be a good idea to involve a new city in the downloadable pack. i think that would be very interesting. maybe milan. i havent played the game yet so i dont know how it ends but a continuation of the story by hunting down templars like in bloodlines surely could work as a dlc. and ovcourse there should be new weapons, armor's and a new city to roam around in. im not sure if its possible or whether ubisoft have the time but its definately something i would want as a gamer. but i think that if they are going to do something like this then they shouldnt do what fallout 3 did and make some really tiny maps and flimsy stories and sell em of for 8 good pounds of my own money

Mr_Stunner
11-16-2009, 11:53 AM
Would be interesting if they realease Giovanni's story, kinda like episodes from GTA... But I'm just dreaming I guess...

GkrewZ
11-16-2009, 12:26 PM
I wouldent mind something like liberty city storys or something like oblivion where they put out a bunch of random little extra dungions and stuff for cheap or free and like one or 2 expantions

JAHman28
11-16-2009, 02:00 PM
for dlc im up for anything, but i would love to see new weapons for 80 micrososft points each, like dead space did. but most of all i dont want to pay too much

l Khasim l
11-16-2009, 02:06 PM
After the Prince of Persia: Epilogue BS I really hope that Ubisoft won't do something selfish with Assassin's Creed 2. And I'm not talking just about the "sry PC" issue, I mean "oh, so you want to know the actual ending of the game? Sry, we didn't know, but we can sell it to you".
It's like ending Titanic when they see the iceberg and tell people to go see another movie to check out the ending a few months later.