PDA

View Full Version : Successful Completion of Missions

XyZspineZyX
09-25-2003, 03:52 PM
As I move through one of the campaigns, I have had to replay the odd mission.

Last night I was disappointed, however, that despite having taken some significant damage that I still managed to fly my plane close to my base before having to successfully land the "wreck," that instead of being rewarded with a continue to next mission I received failed mission /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

It seems to me that as long as you land outside of enemy territory (and therefore not taken prisoner), and you successfully land, you should be recovered and taken back to base (especially if you managed to land a badly damaged plane close to your base).

I have the campaign set not to automatically advance. Can an EXISTING campaign be changed? If I make this change using FB Manager 4.0 will it affected my existing campaign or only take effect the next time I create one?

Could someone confirm also when the option to automatically advance is choosen, I assume you must still survive the mission, just not accomplish the intended goal(s) to advance.

XyZspineZyX
09-25-2003, 03:52 PM
As I move through one of the campaigns, I have had to replay the odd mission.

Last night I was disappointed, however, that despite having taken some significant damage that I still managed to fly my plane close to my base before having to successfully land the "wreck," that instead of being rewarded with a continue to next mission I received failed mission /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

It seems to me that as long as you land outside of enemy territory (and therefore not taken prisoner), and you successfully land, you should be recovered and taken back to base (especially if you managed to land a badly damaged plane close to your base).

I have the campaign set not to automatically advance. Can an EXISTING campaign be changed? If I make this change using FB Manager 4.0 will it affected my existing campaign or only take effect the next time I create one?

Could someone confirm also when the option to automatically advance is choosen, I assume you must still survive the mission, just not accomplish the intended goal(s) to advance.

XyZspineZyX
09-25-2003, 04:42 PM
I believe at the time you generate a campaign and have the switch set to 'on' for mission success, you can't undo that. Maybe there's a way to actually edit the mission files to trick the system into thinking the mission was completed on the outset.

Personally, I've flown the campaigns in full-real but I've left the mission success botton 'off'. To me it's more realistic to fly the mission and advance to the next missio regardless of the outcome. The only work around for this would have been how sophicated the IL dynamic campaign was designed. For example, if your objective was to bomb a bridge and RTB but you got bounced enroute and had to engage. This should be counted but maybe your next mission is still to bomb that bridge instead of moving on to an entirely different mission. This would be very cool but it's not in the game. Seems to me that your best bet is to generate a new campaign with the button off or fly the same one until you complete the objective. The original IL-2 made you fly the same mission until the objective was met beofore advancing. This would have been fine but it wouldn't count your stats for each retry as long as you survived and RTB'd.