PDA

View Full Version : does anyone have problems with his Cougar under windows XP?

XyZspineZyX
09-16-2003, 05:20 PM
please help me out.....i have head that some ppl have problem with theire cougar when using windows xp......does anyone know anything on the matter?
i want to get the cougar but i dont want to pay 300euros for it and having problems.
thanks for ur time apresiate any reply.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who can count in binary, and those who can't.

XyZspineZyX
09-16-2003, 05:20 PM
please help me out.....i have head that some ppl have problem with theire cougar when using windows xp......does anyone know anything on the matter?
i want to get the cougar but i dont want to pay 300euros for it and having problems.
thanks for ur time apresiate any reply.

There are 10 kinds of people in this world: those who can count in binary, and those who can't.

XyZspineZyX
09-16-2003, 05:53 PM
ampadgog, I presume you refer to the Thrustmaster Cougar HOTAS throttle and stick.

I have owned one for a couple of months now, and I like it a lot! I use it with Windows XP professional, and have had no problems worth noting. It was particularly good for me, because the Cougar integrates the analog rudder pedals I already owned.

The only issue I have is that the Cougar's tremendous programmability, along with vast number of IL2-FB commands available, make it a lot of work to program. However, there is a great on-line site for Cougar users, with a number of pre-written program files available for download, at:

http://cougar.frugalsworld.com/

Hope you buy and enjoy it!

XyZspineZyX
09-16-2003, 05:55 PM
My cougar is fine, she likes XP but hates it when I play games all night, I guess she regrets the younger ones now. She still can't complain about the hard wood she gets now as opposed to the wet willys of before.....oh you meant something else, sorry.

<center>http://www.luftwaffe-experten.com/backgrounds/Luftwaffe_poster.JPG
<marquee>Sturzkampfflugzeuge 66</marquee>

XyZspineZyX
09-16-2003, 06:11 PM
Cougar is Harley-Davidson of Joysticks; the most overprized half-finished luxus product.

With XP there is a strange problem; if you plug in USB-devices AFTER you intalled Cougar, it will disconnect at the moment you press shift-button on your stick. After reinstalling of drivers its ok untill you plug another USB-device.

I dont go any deeper with mechanical problems because there are lot of them (check the cougar.frugalsworld.com forums); in short if yo use it daily it'll wear out in a year. After this center-play is so great that you have to do something for it. Flashing newest firmware has decent chance to kill the throttle pot and so on. And support; oh my, I've never received even reply from guillemot...

All this happens with system what has been patched and cared extensively.

I've spent at least additional 300 Euros in maintenance and rudders without any prizy "official" mods.