PDA

View Full Version : newbee : training question

teb863
12-27-2004, 07:51 PM
Just installed Pacific Fighters and updated to latest PF version patches. In IL2 Sturmovik in the training missions you could 'take control' by hitting escape after a scripted point in the training. I'm unable to do this in Pacific Fighters. How can I train if the training missions are locked against the user taking control?

Thanks for any help!

Lethal_Hobo
12-27-2004, 08:56 PM
Watch and take notes, sometimes they'll tell you to do a single mission on what you just learned.

x__CRASH__x
12-27-2004, 09:02 PM
Those "training" missions blow. You are better off finding someone online to help out.

What are you training to do? Fly in general? Gunnary? Bombing? Ask the weirdos in here, you will probably get some pretty solid advice.

F4U_Flyer
12-27-2004, 09:43 PM
"I" didn't need any training missions to teach me how to crash , i do just fine on my own !

DarkCanuck420
12-27-2004, 11:16 PM
i started out with PF and was clueless. the training didnt help out much. i just messed around. check out the readme it gives u an idea on how to start out with shooting down planes. as for take offs and landings "take notes" and if you have any other questions ask in these forums these guys are great and will answer any of our dumb questions.
rember to remove the chocks (just in case you were going to ask in your next post http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif )
===============================================

macungie909
12-28-2004, 08:28 AM
Hi all! I'm new to the Pacific Fighters sim, but I'v been into flight sims since the days of Red Baron and before. So I know my way around flight sims fairly well.

That being said, PF has got my knickers in a twist. I'm trying to fly the Allies training mission number one (under single missions) and the plane won't budge! I've put flaps down to take off position, started the engine, revved to 110% and she won't make off the flat top! Just sites there. I've tried toggling the wheel brakes, still no go. If I put autopilot on the plane moves but drops revs to idle half way down the carrier, so I don€t have distance enough to get to Vlof.

Any suggestions for this noob?

Wilburnator
12-28-2004, 08:35 AM
Release the wheel chocks. You have to go into controls and assign a key to it.

macungie909
12-28-2004, 08:41 AM
Thanks Willburnator!