PDA

View Full Version : Flyable planes as static objects..

Gr7_Bizu-RO
11-23-2004, 12:39 AM
ok, maybe someone know this.I want to use flyable planes with custom skins as static objects.First problem after setting fuel to 0 and ammo to empty is that the plane keep on popping up on the runway when i place it close to airfield.I dont want a static plane on the runway or the carriers landing path.Another
problems is that it disapears after a short period of time..same for AI planes after landing. Is it a way in config file or somwere
else to change this and make them stay visible?

IV_JG51_Razor
11-23-2004, 01:24 AM
Not on a carrier anyway. I don't think you can do this on an airfield either. Try posting in the Mission Building forum. There's lots of guys in there that are pretty sharp with the FMB.

Tater-SW-
11-23-2004, 01:29 AM
You can place a plane on the CV deck with zero fuel and it will just sit there (NO BOMBS! As they will drop them right away with no gas, then BOOM goes CV).

You used to be able to place AI planes in Il-2/FB before the FB patch, but no longer. The only recourse is to have some planes in flight land while your attacking forces are flying to the target airfield. The planes will land, and a number of them will park, and stay parked for 40 minutes. The number varies from field to field, and with what stuff is added to the mission. Min I have seen is around 6 parked, max was 11 or 12. You have to watch to see where they park, you have no control over this.

tater

Gr7_Bizu-RO
11-23-2004, 01:36 AM
thank you!