PDA

View Full Version : Toe Brakes in upcoming patch possible?

XyZspineZyX
11-12-2003, 01:17 AM
You probably already got what I'm after via the thread title. I would like to see two seperate axis programable in the HOTAS set-up so we can use both toe brakes. Its a simple request that should be part of the new BoB game if its too difficult to do with FB's upcoming patch. Thanks for the listen /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
11-12-2003, 01:17 AM
You probably already got what I'm after via the thread title. I would like to see two seperate axis programable in the HOTAS set-up so we can use both toe brakes. Its a simple request that should be part of the new BoB game if its too difficult to do with FB's upcoming patch. Thanks for the listen /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2003, 02:51 PM
Well mate... I don't think I really understand what you want here. I have an old M$ Precision Pro stick. I have a button assigned to the brakes. When I apply the brake and use the rudder, I only use the brake on the rudder pedal I am using. Depending on the amount of rudder determines the amount of differential braking being applied (at least on my machine). So in effect you have individual toe brakes.

Or are you asking for a left brake button and a right brake button, like M$ does?

<A HREF="http://www.dyno-tech.com/bravo" TARGET=_blank>http://www.slukklyset.no/RAF662/banners/rafbanner3.jpg

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2003, 03:46 PM
Differential braking is there, but toe brakes aren't. I too think it'd be nice.
_
/Bjorn.

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2003, 04:09 PM
I am using the CH Pro Pedals USB for IL2-FB...
All 3 axis in the pedals are active in the USB version, unlike the gameport version, which I already had.
On the gameport pro pedals you had to manually slide a switch to turn off the sliding rudder pot and activate the toe brake pots. The USB, as I said are all on all the time.
The IL2-FB game allows you to set an axis for brakes, I have mine set up this way:
I assigned right toe brake is to 'brakes' in the HOTAS Setup in the controls section of the game. results:
To turn on the ground you can use rudder only, if there is enough airflow over the rudder. Once you are in a turn with rudder in use, the toe brake seems to be differential because if you apply the brake and make no other changes, your rate of turn increases, so there is something there.
It does feel a little odd if you're in a left turn, i.e. left rudder depressed, and having to use right toe brake to increase turn. It would be nice if you could assign two axis to the brake so left and right toe brake worked identical as now, or have the toe brakes assigned left and right so no rudder input would be needed.
Rx