PDA

View Full Version : Question for Maj Death on Fw190s

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 08:21 PM
As a regular Fw190A9 (with Mk103 pods) flyer on-line, I'd like to get Maj Death's expert opinion on the patch changes to the Fw190 series. I really respect his views of the Fw190 series. And any other (experienced) Fw190A flyers, please chime in.

So Maj Death, what do you think? Are the changes to the Fw190 closer to historical performance, or are the suped-up roll rates and turning over-exaggerated now?

Also, how do you think we Fw190 flyers need to change our tactics? Continue hit-and-run (my favorite way to fight) or more BnZ now?

I've heard rumors that the Fw190s have now become uber, noob planes, but I suspect they're just performing closer to reality. If these rumors are really true, however, I think I'll dedicate more time to my other favorite, the p47.

Thanks for any feedback!

BpK

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 08:21 PM
As a regular Fw190A9 (with Mk103 pods) flyer on-line, I'd like to get Maj Death's expert opinion on the patch changes to the Fw190 series. I really respect his views of the Fw190 series. And any other (experienced) Fw190A flyers, please chime in.

So Maj Death, what do you think? Are the changes to the Fw190 closer to historical performance, or are the suped-up roll rates and turning over-exaggerated now?

Also, how do you think we Fw190 flyers need to change our tactics? Continue hit-and-run (my favorite way to fight) or more BnZ now?

I've heard rumors that the Fw190s have now become uber, noob planes, but I suspect they're just performing closer to reality. If these rumors are really true, however, I think I'll dedicate more time to my other favorite, the p47.

Thanks for any feedback!

BpK

XyZspineZyX
08-13-2003, 08:26 PM
Btw, it was the intention of Kurt Tank to build the 190 as a "noob" plane!

My modest advice for the 190. Learn to open fire always at high speed with deflection. Now, with the patch, this real-life tactic is cleary usable. If you don't lose this way so much energy, you will always get either speed or altitude to attack again or escape.

Cheers,