PDA

View Full Version : Anygood docs on how to lead properly? + squadrons?

Shodan-
12-19-2006, 12:39 PM
I'm cranking up the difficulty to get ready for online / squadron play (if there still any around)... and thanks to 1946 now easy to standardize all that (I love the fact that people are getting huffy and leaving the community because of that.)

But are there any good online docs or wiki's about how to lead a/c more effectively?

Also whats the best way to locate online games... All seeing eye? Or does the il-2 crowd use something else?

cheers!

Shodan-
12-19-2006, 12:39 PM
I'm cranking up the difficulty to get ready for online / squadron play (if there still any around)... and thanks to 1946 now easy to standardize all that (I love the fact that people are getting huffy and leaving the community because of that.)

But are there any good online docs or wiki's about how to lead a/c more effectively?

Also whats the best way to locate online games... All seeing eye? Or does the il-2 crowd use something else?

cheers!

FritzGryphon
12-19-2006, 12:50 PM
Hyperlobby is another popular server browser. Just for flight sims.

http://hyperfighter.sk/

As for leading, I'm sure there are some things you can learn about ranging with the gunsight, and estimating aspect angle.

But I think that time would be better spent just practicing. Make dozens of AI fighters on ace and shoot them all down. Then repeat. In a day or two you'll be able to calculate lead without thinking about it.