PDA

View Full Version : Amancio Is Awesome

Calvarok
10-17-2011, 10:45 AM
http://www.next-gen.biz/featur...lations-juggling-act (http://www.next-gen.biz/features/assassins-creed-revelations-juggling-act)

Over the next few weeks we'll be bombarded with the last few bits of official trailers, and then we'll be tempted with spoilers from gamers who get it early.

Alexander's honesty and openness about this game is one of the things that has reassured me over and over again throughout development, and once again he's done it.

We knew for a fact the game was going to be shipped in a year, so we really did take measures to make sure that the game that we were making would be high quality. Now if the game hadn't been to our liking, would we have shipped it? I don't think so. We have a lot of respect within Ubisoft for the franchise this is our baby, right? We created this from the ground up and everybody at the company, even people that don't work on the series directly, we're very proud of what it's accomplished, and we're very protective of it. We have a strong leadership cell here in Montreal, and we make sure that everything fits together. And ultimately, we're not afraid of reacting if we feel that we haven't delivered exactly what we felt we should have.

With some other Devs I would doubt this, but I thank you Alexander, for being someone from whom I can take this as the truth.

I'm glad that Assassin's Creed always seems to find its way into the best hands.

kriegerdesgottes
10-17-2011, 10:51 AM
I do like his attitude towards the game. He seems to really understand the whole concept of what makes AC awesome and I think he's pretty cool although a bit serious :P. When I put myself in his situation though I would probably be much worse lol.

LightRey
10-17-2011, 10:54 AM
This is why I have so much faith in the AC franchise and Ubisoft.

GeneralTrumbo
10-17-2011, 11:12 AM
Yeah. I think he has a good head and knows everything that makes AC good. He has a good touch on the modern-day story. And also knows good storytelling. He keeps my faith in Ubisoft.

EscoBlades
10-17-2011, 11:14 AM
*wipes tear* http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/25.gif

Moultonborough
10-17-2011, 11:29 AM
Why is Desmond optional?

Calvarok
10-17-2011, 11:33 AM
Originally posted by Moultonborough:
Why is Desmond optional?
He was saying that Desmond has a lot of optional content in his gameplay segments, stuff like glyphs that can reveal some of the conspiracy. Getting through his segments is not optional.

RzaRecta357
10-17-2011, 11:34 AM
Originally posted by Calvarok:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Moultonborough:
Why is Desmond optional?
He was saying that Desmond has a lot of optional content in his gameplay segments, stuff like glyphs that can reveal some of the conspiracy. Getting through his segments is not optional. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Are you sure? I hope so.

I was thinking that since enough people complain about Desmond and don't want that experience at all that they decided to make it optional save for the ending and the nexus part.

That would suck!

Animuses
10-17-2011, 02:02 PM
I've liked Amancio since E3, he gave off a feeling like he knew what he was doing even though I was far from pleased with the demo.

ShaneO7K
10-17-2011, 02:08 PM
Amancio is great, no doubting that. But I'll always prefer Patrice to the rest of them. Definetly interested in seeing what he is cooking up over at THQ.

Calvarok
10-17-2011, 02:12 PM
Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
Amancio is great, no doubting that. But I'll always prefer Patrice to the rest of them. Definetly interested in seeing what he is cooking up over at THQ.

Patrice would always say that there would be all this amazing stuff in the game, but it always turned out that he was exaggerating in some way, or didn't really know the state of what he was talking about. Alexandre never exaggerates.

Patrice once said that your recruits would follow you across the rooftops.

He said that Ezio and Altair were related.

EDIT: I'm not trying to bash him, but he was a lot less reliable. He was a nice guy, though.

kriegerdesgottes
10-17-2011, 02:13 PM
Originally posted by dead_gunner187:

Yes definitely interested in what he is doing. Everything he does seems to be gold. I liked Alex immediately after he did his first interview with Gameinformer before e3 came out. He really proved to everyone he knows his stuff and he has a lot of respect for the franchise.

Azula2005
10-17-2011, 02:32 PM
I keep trying to add him on Facebook, he'll never accept lol

Jexx21
10-17-2011, 02:45 PM
I was never around for Patrice, so I have no conceptions about him. But if he was the dude that told people about stuff for AC2 and ACB I don't think he's that reliable.

I read somewhere that the Assassin recruits would follow you before I got Brotherhood, and I was looking forward to that.

Stupid doctored trailers and screenshot also felt like that.

That reminds me, I read somewhere that there was an ACB demo walkthrough that had the recruits walking with Ezio at a Parthenon mission or soemthing, but I can't find it. Does anyone have a link to it?

thekarlone
10-17-2011, 02:59 PM
Amancio is more than awesome. He's the great.

rileypoole1234
10-17-2011, 03:03 PM
Ubisoft guys seems like really nice guys to me. I'd like to hang out with them for a day.

RzaRecta357
10-17-2011, 03:20 PM
Yeah I liked Patrice and was kind of upset at the new guy.

But now I think Amancio is great.

He totally tries to rock Ezios beard from the artwork though :P

GariStz
10-17-2011, 03:22 PM
How can you may not like those guys? Especially Alex!

http://store.picbg.net/pubpic/9E/B9/4d2d3c17dc489eb9.png

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

NewBlade200
10-17-2011, 04:57 PM
Originally posted by GariStz:

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif There should be a cheat that turns your assassin into those guys http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

Dieinthedark
10-17-2011, 05:49 PM
That there is passion! Take note! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/typing.gif

souNdwAve89
10-17-2011, 06:35 PM
Originally posted by Jexx21:
I was never around for Patrice, so I have no conceptions about him. But if he was the dude that told people about stuff for AC2 and ACB I don't think he's that reliable.

I read somewhere that the Assassin recruits would follow you before I got Brotherhood, and I was looking forward to that.

That reminds me, I read somewhere that there was an ACB demo walkthrough that had the recruits walking with Ezio at a Parthenon mission or soemthing, but I can't find it. Does anyone have a link to it?

No such thing exist. The demo of the Pantheon mission was created for demonstration purposes only to show off the BAM feature. I wish they did this with Revelations by creating some demo missions to show off to the press at conventions like E3, Gamescom, etc instead of showing SP footage.

Honestly, when I first heard that Alex Amancio is the new Creative Director, I had my doubts, BUT I gave him a chance unlike some people. All the things that he is in such as interviews, gameplay commentary, etc have been great. He seems like a very dedicated guy to the series and he definitely knows what the fans want, which is more SP than MP. The MP for ACR looks very cool and more interesting than ACB since ACB's MP lost interest for me after some time.

Some of these posts puzzles me because it sounds like some of you guys are putting the blame on Patrice Desilets for the retcon of the game's lore. Remember that he is one of the key people who help put the series together. Desilets has a great mind since he helped work on games like the Metal Gear Solid series (which is why MGS and AC have easter eggs from each respective game). Some of the things he said in the past are different now with ACR, but you guys have to know that the whole series is not even finished from start to end. The whole series is about 80% mapped out.

roostersrule2
10-17-2011, 06:44 PM
Originally posted by GariStz:

http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif I could really see ezio and his recruits doing that.

Calvarok
10-17-2011, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by souNdwAve89:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Jexx21:

No such thing exist. The demo of the Pantheon mission was created for demonstration purposes only to show off the BAM feature. I wish they did this with Revelations by creating some demo missions to show off to the press at conventions like E3, Gamescom, etc instead of showing SP footage.

Honestly, when I first heard that Alex Amancio is the new Creative Director, I had my doubts, BUT I gave him a chance unlike some people. All the things that he is in such as interviews, gameplay commentary, etc have been great. He seems like a very dedicated guy to the series and he definitely knows what the fans want, which is more SP than MP. The MP for ACR looks very cool and more interesting than ACB since ACB's MP lost interest for me after some time.

Some of these posts puzzles me because it sounds like some of you guys are putting the blame on Patrice Desilets for the retcon of the game's lore. Remember that he is one of the key people who help put the series together. Desilets has a great mind since he helped work on like the Metal Gear Solid series (which is why MGS and AC have easter eggs from each respective game). Some of the things he said in the past are different now with ACR, but you guys have to know that the whole series is not even finished from start to end. The whole series is about 80% mapped out. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
We're not putting the blame on Patrice for retcons, rather for the fact that he often "enhanced" the truth in interviews, or was mistaken. He talked less carefully and clarified what he meant to say less than Alexandre did. Ezio not being Altair's ancestor was not a retcon, the writers of AC2 knew it, hence there never being a reference to it in the game. That was just Patrice's little mistake.

And Alexandre has made little missteps too, in all of the hundreds of interviews he's done, I'm not saying that it's easy to keep them all straight.

It's just that he always has a more measured approach to talking about the game, and therefore slips up less than most Devs.

He's also a lot more articulate when describing how things actually affect gameplay, while similarly not giving too much away, due to the fact that he's more used to speaking english.

I appreciate Patrice's work, but most of the people who worked on the first AC are still working there.

I think a lot of times some fans of the first game like to blame things being different on them leaving, but it's obviously more of a team effort than they think.

ProletariatPleb
10-18-2011, 08:01 AM
Alex Awesomancio.(period)