PDA

View Full Version : Joystick controls in COD

jeffmorgan_947
04-12-2011, 03:31 AM
Installed COD,which then transferred to my Steam account to be updated with a 490MB upgrade [patch].

But I'm having problems with my joystick controls not being recognized,I have gone into controls and selected all the usual buttons and axis movements and then applied all.But in the training flight its not responding??
Are the Hotas keys available in COD,because I cant find them! I have not progressed far into the flight to see if my system will handle COD

Quad Q6600 2.40GHz
9800 GT card
4GB ram

So if someone can advise, Cheers. JM.

Urufu_Shinjiro
04-12-2011, 10:53 AM
in the controls screen are you clicking Axis up at the top and then assigning the joystick axis? Once you assign an axis click on it again to highlight it and does the lines at the bottom show movement when you move that axis?

DuckyFluff
04-12-2011, 02:51 PM
Here we go again..........

jeffmorgan_947
04-12-2011, 06:54 PM
Thanks for that, fingers crossed!!,I'll have another go. JM.

jeffmorgan_947
04-12-2011, 07:53 PM
Well I have checked out the controls as suggested,and clicked and highlighted an axis,but the movement indicators at the bottom of the screen do not move when using my stick [Seitek cyborg evo force] the only function that does respond is the throttle? but no ailerons or elevator!

And only in that short training flight my 9800 GT graphics card is finding it hard to keep up with the demands of this great looking flight sim,time to upgrade. cheers. JM.

jeffmorgan_947
04-12-2011, 11:02 PM
OK, I'm getting somewhere now,had another go at what was suggested and i have now got the joystick to respond, there are so many commands to get to know,but in time all will be well!!

When this is all upto speed with all the forth coming patches are in place, this is going to be one hell of a combat sim, thanks for your help.JM.