PDA

View Full Version : New Q&A

xsatanicjokerx
09-20-2011, 11:11 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4X5Vz7Wt2EgClears up the whole thing about Altair not being related to Ezio.

twenty_glyphs
09-20-2011, 11:47 PM
Originally posted by xsatanicjokerx:
Clears up the whole thing about Altair not being related to Ezio.

Tell that to the tons of commenters on Facebook who swear up and down that Alta´r and Ezio have to be related to each other in order for Desmond to relive their memories. Also the people that swear Mario told Ezio that Alta´r was their ancestor, or Mario's great-grandfather. Even though they are explaining things completely rationally and you can go check walkthrough videos of AC2's Sequence 3 to see what Mario said and read Domenico's plaques from the Auditore Family Crypt on the wiki, tons of people just can't accept it.

At first I was bothered that so many people refuse to see that this fits in with existing continuity or the way that genetics and ancestry works, but now it's just becoming hilarious. Seems that we just have a hard time believing that our memories could be wrong. So often human memory gets basic facts about situations completely wrong, yet we are convinced that we are remembering reality.

I am starting to feel sorry for Darby though. Because this is happening with the game he's writing, people are assuming that he's just changing things that the creators never intended, even though Corey May is still there managing the overall continuity. It's starting to feel like they need a cutscene in Revelations of Ezio talking straight into the camera and saying something like, "I can't believe I just relived a memory from this guy Alta´r who's definitely not related to me in any way! Look, here's my family tree to prove it!"

luckyto
09-21-2011, 07:59 AM
Originally posted by twenty_glyphs:
Seems that we just have a hard time believing that our memories could be wrong. So often human memory gets basic facts about situations completely wrong, yet we are convinced that we are remembering reality.

People have always, and will always, be like this. Memory is always subjective, and often changes over time.

In the final counting, if ACR is a good game; nobody will care about perceived changes in continuity. People are just anxious for something to get fired up about while they wait for the release.

Grandmaster_Z
09-21-2011, 08:34 AM
how the hell are they not related? how STUPID! THEY USE THE SAME PLAYER MODEL! AC is a joke now.

Can't wait for patrices new game.

albertwesker22
09-21-2011, 08:47 AM
Originally posted by Grandmaster_Z:
how the hell are they not related? how STUPID! THEY USE THE SAME PLAYER MODEL! AC is a joke now.

Well they have different face designs in this game. They should have done that from the start.

twenty_glyphs
09-21-2011, 09:41 AM

I'm pretty sure since Corey May knew this when they did AC2, Patrice knew it as well. By your logic, Ezio can't be related to his father because he looks nothing like him. They've explained why Alta´r and Ezio have similar faces to Desmond. I wish they would have hinted at the reason or brought it up in the game's story before, but it is a plausible explanation. It makes more sense than an ancestor from hundreds of years ago looking just like Desmond.

I really can't believe this is causing such a huge backlash.

kriegerdesgottes
09-21-2011, 09:57 AM
We all know that it makes sense in the story, that's not really the problem imo. The problem is that the reasoning for this is that it makes Desmond a more important character by making his ancestors come from separate bloodlines instead of making it the son of the son of the son from Altair to Ezio to a new ancestor to Desmond which I think is a much cooler concept. This imo makes Ezio and Altair less relevant to me because they are just coming from their own bloodlines instead of being relatives which I think is a much cooler concept. It isn't that it doesn't make sense even though the whole "oh well it's because of the animus that they look alike" is I'm sorry to say a ridiculous excuse that also implies we don't actually know what Altair or Ezio actually look like. It's just that to me, It's cooler to think that Ezio has these abilities because of his however many great grandfather Altair who also had them and the bloodline is so strong and significant that it has lasted hundreds of years. It's cool to think that your ancestors may have looked much like you hundreds of years ago. I personally have a pic of my ancestors from 1910(101 years) and they are identical to me. This is all done to make a relatively boring character (Desmond) more significant which I can understand because up until now he has been incredibly boring. It's really not a big deal I agree, but it's a little bit disappointing for me.

MXiMike
09-21-2011, 10:25 AM
OK, for the benefit of those that don't get how Altair and Ezio are not related but Desmond can see them both in the Animus and is related to both. Heres a little mock up 10 minute job of how it COULD look(to big to be on page): http://oi52.tinypic.com/2qkhsh3.jpg

The blanks ones are just unknown ancestors and ones not necessary for this example.

The first time Ezio's and Altairs line crosses is when it gets to Desmonds grandfather and grandmother. They are both on the Desmonds fathers side of the family in this example. It could be completely different though like Ezio might be completely on the mothers side of Desmonds family, so the first time their line would cross would then be Desmonds mother and Father. Hope it helps.

souNdwAve89
09-21-2011, 10:34 AM
Originally posted by MXiMike:
OK, for the benefit of those that don't get how Altair and Ezio are not related but Desmond can see them both in the Animus and is related to both. Heres a little mock up 10 minute job of how it COULD look(to big to be on page): http://oi52.tinypic.com/2qkhsh3.jpg

The blanks ones are just unknown ancestors and ones not necessary for this example.

The first time Ezio's and Altairs line crosses is when it gets to Desmonds grandfather and grandmother. They are both on the Desmonds fathers side of the family in this example. It could be completely different though like Ezio might be completely on the mothers side of Desmonds family, so the first time their line would cross would then be Desmonds mother and Father. Hope it helps.

Nice job on the family tree.

But really, people are actually mad at this? The commenters on Facebook are quite pathetic. So what if Altair and Ezio have Desmond's face? In Revelations, Altair looks different than Desmond and Ezio is barely recognizable at his age. This is probably one of the reasons why the game is called Revelations.

LightRey
09-21-2011, 10:38 AM
Originally posted by souNdwAve89:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by MXiMike:

Nice job on the family tree.

But really, people are actually mad at this? The commenters on Facebook are quite pathetic. So what if Altair and Ezio have Desmond's face? In Revelations, Altair looks different than Desmond and Ezio is barely recognizable at his age. This is probably one of the reasons why the game is called Revelations. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Even if the faces were nearly identical it would be a weak excuse for them to "have" to be related. There's at least 12 generations between Alta´r and Ezio and there's another 15 between Ezio and Desmond. No family line has genetic features that resilient.

naran6142
09-21-2011, 09:29 PM
ubi probably didnt want to make an altair character model cuz u dont really see altairs face anyway

in the E3 trailer for AC1, altair looks nothing like desmond. and he doesn't look like desmond in ACR either

so im fine with the animus excuse

xsatanicjokerx
09-22-2011, 03:26 AM
Originally posted by MXiMike:

From what I gathered from that Q&A Desmond is the converging point of all these important bloodlines not his father. So Ezio should be on his fathers side and Altair on his mothers. You put Ezio of his grandmothers and Altair on his grandfathers side. 1:15 - 1:40 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4X5Vz7Wt2Eg)

RzaRecta357
09-22-2011, 09:07 AM
I love this.

I just hate the different face thing.

Spoilers for people on AC2 and BH endings.

Minerva says that she had different names time and time again as did the rest of the gods.

This leads me to believe that they live and die but the sixth sense of knowledge lets them see their ancestors memories as if they are their own. Thus they feel like they just renamed themselves and lived again.

I was kind of thinking the Nexus point between these three would be THAT in some sort of fashion. Hence the faces and the scar.

Now we have different faces, which blows. They have the same scar for some reason.

But will the NEXT ancestor(If we even have one. Probably.) even get this scar? What would be the point of it now if his face is different?

The animus thing makes sense...but I never heard the interview that mentioned it. And if Patrice believed that....why did they throw the rock throwing scar back into it?

He made a point of that in one of his interviews.

I feel like Darby and May had two different ideas on that matter and when Darby took over (?) recently he kind of just went with his own idea.

Grandmaster_Z
09-22-2011, 01:14 PM
convoluted mess of bs

twenty_glyphs
09-22-2011, 01:21 PM
Originally posted by RzaRecta357:
I feel like Darby and May had two different ideas on that matter and when Darby took over (?) recently he kind of just went with his own idea.

But from everything they've told us, Corey May is still the lead writer and continuity expert on the entire Assassin's Creed brand. He's involved with the games, the comics, the encyclopedia, etc. Even though he didn't write dialogue on Brotherhood, the story is credited as being by Corey May, Patrice Desilets and Jeffrey Yohalem. I think Corey May has all or part of the final say on all of the Assassin's Creed stories. So while Darby may have added ideas of his own, I imagine they would have to be accepted by Corey May.

Darby McDevitt said himself in a recent interview that he was given the main story beats and locations of Revelations and was then brought on to write that story. I imagine the same thing happened with Jeffrey Yohalem on Brotherhood. From everything they have told us, Darby has not taken over, he's simply writing the story for Revelations. I imagine the story will be credited as being by Corey May and Darby McDevitt at least (possibly including Patrice depending on how much of his story ideas are still there).

Grandmaster_Z
09-23-2011, 12:17 PM
why did altair come to italy?

LightRey
09-23-2011, 12:21 PM
He never did.

naran6142
09-23-2011, 12:30 PM

if your thinking about the auditore family crypt, it was never stated that those were descendant of altair.

Grandmaster_Z
09-23-2011, 12:52 PM
how did all his belongings get to italy?

LightRey
09-23-2011, 12:54 PM
how did all his belongings get to italy?
You mean his sword and his armor? Simple. The order eventually rebased to Cyprus and from there to Italy. He obviously left his armor and sword to either his kids or the next grandmaster or something and eventually they ended up in the hands of Ezio's great-great-grandfather.

dex3108
09-23-2011, 03:21 PM
More Q&A but same questions over and over again. Please Ubisoft give us Developer Diary Videos or nothing. This is just stupid to answer same questions over and over again.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=39s2YDkIEuo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zW7fO58X0F8

dxsxhxcx
09-23-2011, 03:30 PM
more Q&A, the videos posted above are Q&A #4 and #5, these two below are #2 and #3... http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

Q&A Set 2 - #2: http://ubi.li/Urvhj
Q&A Set 2 - #3: http://ubi.li/FYh6v