PDA

View Full Version : Sorry Perfect Settings question again ?

jayhall0315
02-23-2009, 02:39 PM
Sorry fellas but still a bit confused over what gives the highest highest possible graphics config in IL2 1946 ? (I have two 4870 X2's in quad crossfire so not worried about any problems) If I set in-game to use Open GL and I fool with the conf.ini file to use Hardware Shader = 1, then I DO or DO NOT need to fool with all the individual settings (like Water =3, Sky = 4, etc...) ?

Seems as if I set Hardware Shaders = 1 then there is no need to set the other stuff. Is this correct or should I set the Water, Sky, Landgeom, etc individually ?

What I am trying to get is the high end of the high end in the visual resolution department.

Also, if I bump up the resolution to 2560x1600 does this mean that I will have more difficulty locating guys when playing on Full Real servers ?

Urufu_Shinjiro
02-23-2009, 03:05 PM
Hardwareshaders turns perfect on or off, you still need to set the individual options to their highest settings. As for res and dot spotting, it depends on the pixel size of your monitor. On my old CRT running 1024x768 I could spot dots ok but higher than that and it was harder. On my 24" LCD though I can spot dots better at the native 1920x1200 than I ever could on the CRT. It's hard to say, just try it and see.

jayhall0315
02-23-2009, 03:15 PM
Okay Shinjiro, could you give me a quick run down again of what those Open GL settings should be for water, sky, land geometry, etc.... to get the absolute highest possible detail ?