PDA

View Full Version : Blood

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 01:58 AM
Just a suggestion to the developers or whoever. The blood aspect in the game i think is already in there, but then on off switch doesnt work...Now i know in REAL LIFE there wouldnt be blood spatters, but you can go whine about that in my other thread that i wrote about the REAL LIFE deal. But i think it would just be fun to have that in the game...not cause i'm a cold hearted sick bastard murderer, but just cause its an effect not seen in many games if any at all.

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 01:58 AM
Just a suggestion to the developers or whoever. The blood aspect in the game i think is already in there, but then on off switch doesnt work...Now i know in REAL LIFE there wouldnt be blood spatters, but you can go whine about that in my other thread that i wrote about the REAL LIFE deal. But i think it would just be fun to have that in the game...not cause i'm a cold hearted sick bastard murderer, but just cause its an effect not seen in many games if any at all.

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 02:00 AM
higore switch in the config file works for me

i generally leave the blood turned off though

<center> http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SQDLAtUWiWZ3BKw19!aryp7v3C1h1DuNwpHOOuqhlraGSyMAY KiPEOZAA1OBgsLu*Sa0UQ2my0PiFyvNkJ5K7Clsoy7yNtEvOXY nHDuPNiotpZACY2oJxw/aircraftround.jpg </center>

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 02:06 AM
after what patch did you try it?

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 02:10 AM
brtnstrns wrote:
- after what patch did you try it?
-

Was this put back in? I tried turning it on with the off the shelf 1.0 version and it didn't work. I havn't bothered since then though. I only ask for clarification because I AM a sick heartless bastard. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 02:16 AM
you sick basterd

http://www.anorexia.sk/starve.jpg

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 02:42 AM
disgruntled_god wrote:
- you sick basterd

hmm.

Blood was there in war. I think the REAL pilots would prefer the blood to be shown to some small extent, if we were to ask them, It must do them a diservice to use a sim and not be reminded of the real sacrifice made...
Is Stephen Spielberg considered sick for making Saving Private Ryan as it was?

Though considering the nature of your sig and picture I think you`re being a bit tongue in cheek there...

"Tis better to work towards an Impossible Good, rather than a Possible Evil."

SeaFireLIV.
(Spitfire & Escape Whiner Member).

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 03:46 AM
so does it work or not?

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 03:50 AM
been a while since I actually tried it so possibly not

will test it out

<center> http://groups.msn.com/_Secure/0SQDLAtUWiWZ3BKw19!aryp7v3C1h1DuNwpHOOuqhlraGSyMAY KiPEOZAA1OBgsLu*Sa0UQ2my0PiFyvNkJ5K7Clsoy7yNtEvOXY nHDuPNiotpZACY2oJxw/aircraftround.jpg </center>

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 03:54 AM
cool, give me the results

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 04:36 AM
well its part of say the damage model, its only on 2 aircraft a 109 (wanna say the F4) and an he-111. to get it on others you would most likely have to alter the models on every aircraft

well my name was spelled wrong

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 05:21 AM
"Blood was there in war. I think the REAL pilots would prefer the blood to be shown to some small extent, if we were to ask them, It must do them a diservice to use a sim and not be reminded of the real sacrifice made...
Is Stephen Spielberg considered sick for making Saving Private Ryan as it was?

Though considering the nature of your sig and picture I think you`re being a bit tongue in cheek there..."

Well there is a big difference between a video game meant for havening a good time and a war movie like saveing private ryan.

I remember my papy sitting me down and telling a good ol story about him walking into a building throwing up at what he saw. It was an American soldier sluped next to a wall with his brains splaterd all across the wall behind him. I think I would pass in seeing any kind of gore in my video games.

But then again since when do you see that kind of realism in a gamehttp://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

o the sig means depression. . It got a good reaction out of me and made me think which is why I like it so much.

http://www.anorexia.sk/starve.jpg

Message Edited on 09/10/0304:34AM by disgruntled_god

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 06:51 AM
I thought it was supposed to be on 3 aircraft....one 109 variant, the He111 and that little single engined Russian flying boat..(Hell I don't even know if that one is in FB...I don't recall seeing it)

I have yet to get it to work on FB because as far as I can tell, it doesn't.

It's only funny til someone loses an eye....then it's hilarious

http://www.angelfire.com/falcon/nightschpanker/Sign.jpg

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 02:50 PM
Dubbo2 wrote:

- I have yet to get it to work on FB because as far as
- I can tell, it doesn't.
-

I went and tried last night again, Highgore=1, QMB some He-111, sprayed the cockpit head on, dead pilot, no blood. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-sad.gif

I'm still a sick bastard.

Edit: Version 1.11

Message Edited on 09/10/0309:52AM by MetalTom666

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 03:15 PM
Seems to work only on IL2 not IL2:FB.

For extra realism, I'd like to see the remains of last night's dinner barfed down the side of the cockpit during high G moves....

MajorBloodnok
-------------
Founder Member and Official Sporran Wearer of the EuroTrolls
Spouting evil commie brain-rot at, er, well Imperialists mainly, since like 1977, you know, when Star Wars came out?

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 03:24 PM
So how do you get all this blood to appear then?

Hot Space

An Antelope is not just for Christmas - It's for putting in Sandwich's as well!!!

Message Edited on 09/10/0302:24PM by hotspace

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 05:38 PM
There is no blood in FB. I challenge anyone to show a screenshot showing blood. Oleg has stated the reasons for disabling it, and to date, will not be moved.

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 05:46 PM
Blood is good.

I'm Earl
<center>

http://www.hansontrailers.com/trailer18.jpg

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 07:46 PM
Not if your a woman it isn't/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Hot Space

An Antelope is not just for Christmas - It's for putting in Sandwich's as well!!!

XyZspineZyX
09-10-2003, 07:56 PM
oddlegs wrote:
- There is no blood in FB. I challenge anyone to show
- a screenshot showing blood. Oleg has stated the
- reasons for disabling it, and to date, will not be
- moved.
-
-

What were his reasons then?

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 07:09 PM
FB has an 11year+ rating, blood effects would have raised this and - in the eyes of the producers - adversly affected sales. We all know that this age group play far more bloodthirdty games than FB, so this decision is illogical at best. Perhaps the producers are the best people to be commenting on this.
The_Red_Arrow wrote:
-
- oddlegs wrote:
-- There is no blood in FB. I challenge anyone to show
-- a screenshot showing blood. Oleg has stated the
-- reasons for disabling it, and to date, will not be
-- moved.
--
--
-
- What were his reasons then?
-
-

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 08:58 PM
Ah ok, I see.

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 09:10 PM
Well airmen got really nasty injuries loss of sight burns even loss of limbs just as soldiers did.

Its a historical realistic feature but it would look horrible

....Memphis belle quote 'Jesus there someones guts splattered all over the nose'

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 09:48 PM
i tried changing it but didnt see anything different are the effects in first person or 3rd person? what do tehy look like? any chance of screenies?