PDA

View Full Version : Ace I-16's in QMB.

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 06:32 PM
Is it just me, or does anyone else find them virtually unbeatable?

I was trying this in a 109F, and I just couldn't beat the AI. They can out-accelerate you, out-dive, out-climb, and out-turn you, no problems at all. They're about as dangerous as late-war Yaks and Migs.

This doesn't appear to be the case in the campaign however - they're somewhat more manageable. I'm wondering if this is just due to there being other targets that distract them.

Thoughts anyone?

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 06:32 PM
Is it just me, or does anyone else find them virtually unbeatable?

I was trying this in a 109F, and I just couldn't beat the AI. They can out-accelerate you, out-dive, out-climb, and out-turn you, no problems at all. They're about as dangerous as late-war Yaks and Migs.

This doesn't appear to be the case in the campaign however - they're somewhat more manageable. I'm wondering if this is just due to there being other targets that distract them.

Thoughts anyone?

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 06:40 PM
Past experiance never fly against the AI, they can always do manuvers they cannot do.

Meaning If you fly the planes they perform one way if the computer flys them they have different flight characterics.

Thats just a game flaw.
AIs' can do exterme neg G turns, climb at unrealistic speed rates, etc.
Don't wory too much about it as sooon as you go against real pilots that will change they will be as vulnerable as you.

<table style="filter:glow[color=blueviolet, strength=3"><tr><td> <font color="FFCC66">Colonel Eagle
Commanding Officer
31st Fighter Group
Blue Dragons ~

"Return With Honor"</font></td></tr></table>

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 06:44 PM
CO_Eagle_31stFG wrote:
- Past experiance never fly against the AI, they can
- always do manuvers they cannot do.
-
- Meaning If you fly the planes they perform one way
- if the computer flys them they have different flight
- characterics.
-
-

There are AI a/c in the campaigns, are there not?

http://www.stenbergaa.com/stenberg/crandall-stormclouds2.jpg

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 06:46 PM
only a few and most have to train up. In a furball, Ace AI are less of a threat anyway.

"Tis better to work towards an Impossible Good, rather than a Possible Evil."

SeaFireLIV.

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 06:50 PM
MiloMorai wrote:

There are AI a/c in the campaigns, are there not?

Yes there are, and we have seen many "odd" things among the AI.

WE Prefer live targets http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

<table style="filter:glow[color=blueviolet, strength=3"><tr><td> <font color="FFCC66">Colonel Eagle
Commanding Officer
31st Fighter Group
Blue Dragons ~

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 06:55 PM
CO_Eagle_31stFG wrote:
- MiloMorai wrote:
-
- There are AI a/c in the campaigns, are there not?
-
- Yes there are, and we have seen many "odd" things
- among the AI.
-
- WE Prefer live targets /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif
-

The original poster was commenting the difference he seemed to find between QMB AI and campaign AI.

BTW, how do you get live targets without going online?

http://www.stenbergaa.com/stenberg/crandall-stormclouds2.jpg

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 06:56 PM
I was a bit suprised too. I tried it only 2 times but there is something strange about ACE AI. I was doing this kind of thing a lot in QMB before the patch and i was able to defeat 4 La7 aces in a G2. Now i tried the same thing with the Mig3UD. When i did a nice right turn climb they could not follow me as usual BUT when i went vertical tehy overtook me???? a MIG??? lol

i tested the G2 a lot today and i had the feeling it climbs much better but the MiGs shocked me.

2 things we need in FB:
The 110 and the desert!!!
http://exn.ca/news/images/1999/04/23/19990423-Me110coloursideMAIN.jpg

XyZspineZyX
08-12-2003, 07:01 PM
Yes I know what he was posting and we have seen those things on and offline in the game.
The AI one time may be flying correct another time they may do all kinds of impossible things, I'm sure if you've flown this enough you have seen that as well.
As for live offline simple
Lan party.

Don't get me wrong I really like this sim, and I'm not complaining or trying to start anything. Theres just some minor flaws that will be fixed later that are not as important, AI are probably one of those areas.

Commanding Officer
31st Fighter Group
Blue Dragons ~