PDA

View Full Version : A.C.1 -A.C.2 Conversion

bokabeed
12-20-2009, 09:49 AM
I bought Assassins Creed 2 yestrerday for the Xbox360. Let me start off just by making a few comments on the game. I played it for 30 hours yesterday, this game will rank as one of my most favorites ever. Nothing is more valuable in a game than great story. As a person who consider Zelda games to be the standard for all others, I trule believe that this game is the best I have played since Twilight Princess.

Anyway, I have a nasty habit of getting into story-rich series of games, and not playing them in order. Needless to say, I never played Assasins Creed.

Now at this point in the game, I am naturally left with thousands of questions (with features like "The Truth" how could you not be?)But my biggest question is this: do you think I should go back and play the first one now, and come back to the second one?

Also, if yes, then what can I do to know the story of Assassins Creed 1 without having to play the whole game? Are there books, reliable websites?

Sorry for grammar/spelling, hqave no time to revise.

-bokabeed-

magesupermaster
12-20-2009, 10:35 AM
the video at the start of AC2 sums up the plot from AC,but i recommend playing the first one

Randy 355
12-20-2009, 10:36 AM
The first Assassin's Creed has a pretty rich story in itself, and may be worth a playthrough. Though, it lacks a lot that Assassin's Creed II has, so it may dissapoint you a bit in comparison, despite how great it still is.

If you just want to read up on it, you can go here: Assassin's Creed Wiki (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/Assassin%27s_Creed_Wiki)

It has pretty much all of the info about both games you need. Beware spoilers.

phil.llllll
12-20-2009, 10:46 AM
You'll most definitely want to play AC1. One of the best game in years, in my opinion, and a lot of that comes from the absolutely amazing story.

SirPersival77
12-20-2009, 10:52 AM
Or you can just watch in youtube 'Assassin's creed for 5 mins'.

Koemi
12-20-2009, 11:17 AM
Definitely play ACI first, or just skip it and youtube the video. Don't do it the other way around - play AC2 then AC1. Doing so will make you feel AC1 is so ******ed, but in fact, it's worth every bit of your time and effort and $.

Play AC1 then AC2 and you'll enjoy the first one, and enchanted by the second one - even more. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

mikeh1294
12-20-2009, 11:54 AM
Originally posted by bokabeed:
I played it for 30 hours yesterday,

No-one else noticed this? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif

DiamondBlade_R
12-20-2009, 02:19 PM
Originally posted by mikini:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by bokabeed:
I played it for 30 hours yesterday,

No-one else noticed this? http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_razz.gif </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Amateur.

swgindy
12-20-2009, 02:57 PM
I actually went back to AC1 to complete all of the achievements on the 360. I think there was a total of about 7 I didn't get after finishing the story line.

It was hard at first going back with all of the changes given to us in AC2. But the flow went pretty well after a little while.

I would say that you could play 2 without any knowledge of 1 and be quite informed. Why? Because of the codex pages that Altair left behind. By the close of 2, you should have them all. Read them. They sum up quite a bit.

But, with all that said, you can pick up the first version in relatively inexpensive ways. If you do, you won't be disappointed.

Bampire
12-20-2009, 08:36 PM
I started AC1 when it came out, didn't complete it until i got AC2. Honestly, it's the best thing you can do for yourself. Play the first one then do the second one.

It's so worth it. You learn more about Altair, and more about who/what/where/when/and how Lucy and Desmond met.

PlagueDoctor357
12-21-2009, 09:13 PM
If your into story rich games, then you'll want to play the first.

In my opinion, the cooler old Monk styled talking and drawn out dialog is so much better than the jersey hill version we have now.

I kid, AC2 is probably my favourite game i the world. But Altair is still MUCH cooler than Ezio.

Trust me buddy, just play the first.

It isn't long and the story is amazing.

altair4567
12-22-2009, 12:48 PM
yh i agree. if u havent played the 1st 1 then wat was the point of buying the 2nd 1? buy the first 1 and it is worth ur $.