PDA

View Full Version : Online Multiplayer

Hazmatdog
12-09-2009, 10:53 PM
How good would it be if you could play AC2 in multiplayer mode. Pitted against other players around the world using the skills you have aquired or do something similar as COD modern warfare 2 and start from basic and level up.

What do you think.

Captain Tomatoz
12-10-2009, 12:29 AM
it would be rubbish. the game just wouldn't work in multiplayer. the fighting mechanic is made for single player and wouldn't work in multiplayer. keep a single player game, single player.

PS. Welcome to the forums http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

and use the search button next time as this has been brought up soooo many times

NekoKera
12-10-2009, 12:37 AM
Assassin's that kill Assassin's....hmm not too sure. Probably why their numbers are dwindling in Desmond's time. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

BillyTJoel
12-10-2009, 04:47 AM
Bad idea. Nuff said.

TooLazy4Name
12-10-2009, 08:16 AM
Multiplayer wouldnt work with AC, not only because most people would stand there and wait to counter attack, but lag + time based combat system = fail.

Now, Co-Op might work, but the devs would need ALOT of time to spend on it, which would take away from the single player expeirience, unless they complete the single player before starting on any online mechanics.

PS: This is coming from a multiplayer fanatic COD veteran.

G0dsHolyMember
12-10-2009, 10:13 AM
I think Ubi could pull of a sweet multiplayer...they've done it numerous times with their Splinter Cell games.

And BTW, there could definitely be a vs. mode to AC...albeit not a great one...but if you've played Zone of the Enders 1 or 2...both had a pretty fun vs. mode where you could counter your opponent's attacks and block/parry/evade. It was pretty simplistic, but had a novelty to it.

As for a vs. in AC that's not just an arena brawler, I think it would have to be more of a race to complete objectives since Ubi would have to tweak the fighting system quite a bit to make fighting another player seem fun, fair and have depth (For example, the current fighting mechanics don't really allow you to repost against a parry that your opponent did, you simply need to wait for another attack from them to do your own finisher).

I'd be for a coop moreso than a vs. This game could certainly support that without a detriment to the game or overhaul of the mechanics (much like the coop in existing splinter-cell games).

wwfls1
12-10-2009, 10:25 AM
actually i made a thread for this that made multiplayer good and sound that it COULD work can someonee tell me how to find my admitted threads so i can copy n paste id like to show u

SPECTRUMSAM
12-10-2009, 02:31 PM
A Juggernaut gamemode would be brilliant. But Assassins killing Assassins wouldn't be fun, I would get bored within 20 minutes.

So, Juggernaut. 10 Players online in one game, 9 guards and one Assassin. A waypoint to a location, a set amount of kills to get (with respawning guards) or a simple deathmatch where the guards do not respawn. The Assassin cannot respawn in any Juggernaut variant.

That would be something.

wwfls1
12-10-2009, 03:10 PM
k i posted my thread like 4hours ago again XD check it out and you can only see how it will really work if you read it all then you can see that this construction will definitly work