PDA

View Full Version : Multiplayer Cheating.

sasuhol
12-04-2011, 01:06 PM
I have played online multiple times to find that there were people who were Level 0, I could not see their profile or anything. To make matters worse, They had EVERY possible perk/abilities. Even the animus hacks.

I'm wondering if these people are legit. and if so WHO ARE THEY. They get a lot of points in the games and do things that are hardly possible, and yet they don't level.

I will not post their names. But I would like to know if there is a reporting tool for these such of people.

spectatorx
12-04-2011, 02:34 PM
Once i played a match (assassination mode) with guy who get over 12k points! The weirdest thing.. i couldn't mark him but he was able to mark me even from far distance. Also i couldn't stun him, i couldn't do the honorable death on him. When i was hiding in group he always knew which one i am. Just a killing machine.

What i do to prevent cheaters is updating punkbuster few times per day but it do not make 100% sure to avoid cheaters.

P.S.
IMO in revelations is harder to get many points than it was in brotherhood ;-)

sasuhol
12-04-2011, 03:57 PM
You would think that Ubisoft would put something in to detect these from occurring. Oh well... I don't even know of a reporting tool. You can't do it in the forums.

TheLeoCrow
12-05-2011, 04:42 PM
After reading your post I started paying attention and true enough there are such people who:
1)appear to be level 0 and even if they go upby the time the session ends, in the next session they are back to zero.
2) they don't appear to have a profile.
3)they have poison and smoke which should mean they are supposed to be above level 22
4)they are pretty much unbeatable in one way or another

are the mods and the devs aware of that?

sasuhol
12-05-2011, 08:18 PM
My suspicion is that they do. And the fact that the forum admins have not said something could mean couple of things.

1. They are aware but don't want to admit that their services are being hacked.
2. They are doing it themselves for some sort of Templar story line thingamajig.

ZeroZaber
12-05-2011, 11:34 PM
Before I updated to v1.01, I couldn't see the profile of ppl. I played with.
And, their level appeared to be 0 all the time.
After applying the patch, I could see their profiles (still I couldn't see some of them).
Could it be a different version, just guess?

TheLeoCrow
12-06-2011, 12:51 AM
Originally posted by ZeroZaber:
[...]Could it be a different version, just guess?

I don't think that's it, they do levell up by the time the session end, you see them going level 1 and then back down by the time the next one starts. Is it some type of ARG like sasuhul suggests or have the pirates found a way to play the multi?

DarthDeva
12-07-2011, 06:09 AM
Just a few minutes ago, I was in a match with 4 level 0. They had abilities like poison, morph, etc. But they are really terrible players, they score so low. They level up after a game, then back to 0. I've tried looking at their profiles after the match, no options whatsoever on their username.
It can be hackers as it might be a problem due to some not patching the game. It doesn't change the fact that it's annoying.
Please Ubisoft, do something about this

AingealMoore
12-07-2011, 06:46 AM
instead of hiding their names... reveal them... show proof and such... no point in saying something and not showing the proof... All you have are words and thats it... Show a fraps video of the level 0's with yourself's talking with mates or such... and that way, your showing to be telling the truth ^_-

TheLeoCrow
12-07-2011, 07:41 AM
Although I have memorized some names, it is against the forum rules to name and shame. I guess i could make a video but my youtube account was suspended when I tried to port a walkthrough for Prince of Persia 2008 (maybe becaused I used no intro or any voiceover) so I'm not bothering with posting videos because I'm too lazy to learn how to make interesting intros

shaql2
12-07-2011, 03:59 PM
proof? you need proof? just go and play a few matches, especially low-level ones. every few matches you can find at least one of those 0-level players.
but devs rarely view forums, what we need to do, is to write to the support - the more people submits this, the faster we will get a response.

ElleCore
12-07-2011, 04:20 PM
I met a lot of those lvl 0 guys... some were noobs, some were pros and had high level abilities as you say. Most logical explanation would be that the game failed to load their Templar Profile, thus showing them as lvl 0 and with no avatar. But that's just my guess.

Generalnio
12-07-2011, 05:34 PM
My experience is that there indeed are cheaters in the games.
UBISOFT only has to check their own leaderboards, and create a simple script to detect impossible score rates to enable them to do something about it.
But they don't have a very great tradition in that field. Unfortunally.
Creating a great gameplay, and then failing to do the proper follow up.
But hey, compared to brotherhood now we are already able to see if there is activity online or not. Even though they keep it a big secret when there is few, medium or lots of activity (according number of sessions).
They progress. But ever so slow.

MSCazangiu
12-08-2011, 05:41 AM
The fact that you see players with level 0 and without avatar appears because some of the players have the 1.01 patch installed while others are playing with the 1.0 version. So there is no cheat, a player which appears with lvl 0 may have lvl 30 or 50, so that's why it has high level skills and perks. I've observed this when playing with some friends that didn't have the patch installed.

sasuhol
12-08-2011, 09:47 AM
fact that you see players with level 0 and without avatar appea
From my understanding is that the game automatically updates when you start Assassin's Creed. There would also be a compatibility error with people who do not have the same versions.

AingealMoore
12-09-2011, 09:04 AM
for the love of all monkeys!!! I just came across people with level Zero's myself and found it unjust that they can have neat gear and yet not be at required levels and such...

Here is some proof without names but my own name mentioned... The guys who only have level 1 in the pic are the guys who started at level 0

http://a7.sphotos.ak.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/381698_292804704097330_100001034072877_994766_1697 217469_n.jpg

just so yee know... i only just gained level 3 in this match... the rematch i saw them at level 0 again....

so they are cheating some things in the game like level of what they are

spectatorx
12-09-2011, 12:48 PM
I think there is some kind of wallhack. Guys who has no templair vision always are killing me. I can use chameleon on crowd and he always will kill me, not my clone, when use morph on crowd he always know which one i am.

For me it is unbelievable.

julsith1986
12-09-2011, 01:13 PM
LVL 0 = Synch problem with ubisoft because they are in strict NAT.

sasuhol
12-09-2011, 04:28 PM
Originally posted by julsith1986:

If it is a sync problem wouldn't it effect more than just a level. To be honest I wish someone from UBIsoft would say something on this forum to settle this.

shaql2
12-09-2011, 11:57 PM
Originally posted by sasuhol:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by julsith1986:

If it is a sync problem wouldn't it effect more than just a level. To be honest I wish someone from UBIsoft would say something on this forum to settle this. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

it does affect more than the level - the whole profile.

I got a response from support, stating "Unfortunately we do not have any information about mentioned players."
I could update the ticket, but I don't think it is needed - looks like just a simple bug.

Also, think for a moment - if those *are* hackers... then the question isn't 'how', but 'why', why should anyone want to be level 0, with unseen profile, and gathering lots of unnecessary attention. This theory just doesn't make any sense ;]

AingealMoore
12-10-2011, 10:46 AM
it isnt a strict NAT problem... because im suffering from that and people can see my level and such and my level keeps for them...

llbuckshotll
02-16-2015, 08:42 PM
Just finished a DM session where the contract picture was a picture of multiple characters, a group shot. So you didnt know who you were looking for.
Anyone encounter this yet?

llbuckshotll
02-17-2015, 12:46 AM
I have a few screen shots that show inconsistent levels too.

llbuckshotll
02-18-2015, 09:06 PM
Whats interesting is that its always for high prestige players. Almost every top 100 and level 99 but some times even a little lower, but never anyone one in the lower prestige levels.