PDA

View Full Version : Name Your Problems With AI

Ulicies
09-03-2011, 04:59 PM
Currently, my biggest gripes are:

]]Soldiers are too shy and apathetic during combat (ie, not aggressive enough)
]]Soldiers simply stroll up to a dead body, and don't act the least bit alarmed that there are dead people on the ground.
]]Soldiers never try to team you; they always just wait until someone attacks, and waits for you to slaughter them before attacking.
]]Soldiers don't react to the crowd enough

What are your gripes with the AI? Voice them here, and discuss yours or others.

GunnarGunderson
09-03-2011, 05:02 PM
I wouldn't use the word "AI", that implies intelligence, the guards in MGS1 were smarter

matheus_737
09-03-2011, 05:29 PM
the AI is bad i agree they have to better the soldiers and citizens AI to AC3

ApolloxTruth
09-03-2011, 06:02 PM
The AI wasn't terrible, but it did have it's issues. I agree, the AI's didn't attack as fast or as much as they should have.

If you watch the trailer's for ACR you'll see that they've made a few improvements to the combat system. Other then that we'll just have to wait and see what the next game brings.

~ ||

naran6142
09-03-2011, 08:47 PM
Originally posted by Ulicies:
Currently, my biggest gripes are:

]]Soldiers are too shy and apathetic during combat (ie, not aggressive enough)
]]Soldiers simply stroll up to a dead body, and don't act the least bit alarmed that there are dead people on the ground.
]]Soldiers never try to team you; they always just wait until someone attacks, and waits for you to slaughter them before attacking.
]]Soldiers don't react to the crowd enough

What are your gripes with the AI? Voice them here, and discuss yours or others.

your 2nd and 4th point i think are what need the most attention.

combat, i think, will progress fine as the games continue

Ulicies
09-03-2011, 09:08 PM
It's almost as if the guards were made to react only to the player. The fact is that that's the case, and it's a huge problem when it's extremely obvious to everyone.

LightRey
09-04-2011, 05:06 AM
Originally posted by Ulicies:
It's almost as if the guards were made to react only to the player. The fact is that that's the case, and it's a huge problem when it's extremely obvious to everyone.
You mustn't forget that this takes place inside the animus. They're basically memories. People generally don't remember, or even notice, if something happened to random bystanders while they were running away.

ShaneO7K
09-04-2011, 05:55 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ulicies:
You mustn't forget that this takes place inside the animus. They're basically memories. People generally don't remember, or even notice, if something happened to random bystanders while they were running away. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I really don't think that we can use the animus as an excuse for any issues with the AI, if it was that easy to explain issues there would be a lot more of them.

Also I don't think the memories are done from how well the anscestor remembers them otherwise there would be a lot of problems like specific parts being completely forgotten, not remembering exactly who was with him at the time if there were more than one. This along with how people look. I know certain events would be more memorable than others but again I really disagree with saying it is the animus' fault for any issue we have with AI.

ChaosxNetwork
09-04-2011, 06:02 AM
Originally posted by dead_gunner187:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Ulicies:
You mustn't forget that this takes place inside the animus. They're basically memories. People generally don't remember, or even notice, if something happened to random bystanders while they were running away. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I really don't think that we can use the animus as an excuse for any issues with the AI, if it was that easy to explain issues there would be a lot more of them.

Also I don't think the memories are done from how well the anscestor remembers them otherwise there would be a lot of problems like specific parts being completely forgotten, not remembering exactly who was with him at the time if there were more than one. This along with how people look. I know certain events would be more memorable than others but again I really disagree with saying it is the animus' fault for any issue we have with AI. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
You can't "Forget" things. the second it happens it is imprinted into your DNA. Which the animus then taps. WHy would they go after anyone else as they are not Assassins. We had the "Save the Citizen" eents and in this game we will have random events. Guards will all ways attack you or your brotherhood. Just means you failed to blend into the crowd like a true Assassin.

My only problem with A.I is that they need to be tougher. Much tougher. So that people will try to play the game stealthy insead of coming here and saying "OmG The gme is sooooo easi tht u can go throught all da guards in 10 secs what is de point?!!?!!one?!//"

LightRey
09-04-2011, 06:50 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by LightRey:

Also I don't think the memories are done from how well the anscestor remembers them otherwise there would be a lot of problems like specific parts being completely forgotten, not remembering exactly who was with him at the time if there were more than one. This along with how people look. I know certain events would be more memorable than others but again I really disagree with saying it is the animus' fault for any issue we have with AI. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm not talking about forgetting. I'm talking about not noticing. The animus just fills in the gaps of what is remembered. Else it would have been more of a video than a third person video-game-like interface.

Guards doing things to citizens just isn't something significant for Ezio to notice when he's trying to hide from the guards.

NewBlade200
09-04-2011, 08:16 AM
We need the guards to be more aggressive, that's evident.
The sand throw does nothing but interrupt the kill chain, and you can just pick it up after.
The agiles aren't fast enough in combat. How is it that a man without armor wielding a knife can run faster than me, but attacks at the same speed as a man in full body armor wielding an ax?

SixKeys
09-04-2011, 08:20 AM
Soldiers take too long to react even when you're standing like 10 feet away from a freshly killed body. They should also attack faster when they spot you on rooftops or other restricted areas. Their detection meter fills up too slowly.

Soldiers should also be a bit more aware of the crowd's reactions. If there are a lot of screaming people running from one direction, they should move in to investigate.

LightRey
09-04-2011, 08:22 AM
Originally posted by SixKeys:
Soldiers take too long to react even when you're standing like 10 feet away from a freshly killed body. They should also attack faster when they spot you on rooftops or other restricted areas. Their detection meter fills up too slowly.

Soldiers should also be a bit more aware of the crowd's reactions. If there are a lot of screaming people running from one direction, they should move in to investigate.
Yes, maybe even interact with civilians.

Samuel032593
09-04-2011, 09:16 AM

But...the concious memory isn't everything, the sub-concious is there too, and IT pretty much takes in everything your body does. And though we may not be able to call upon it conciously most of the time, it IS still there, and everything Ezio's eyes saw would be replicated in the animus. Unless of course the animus only brought back conscious memory, in which case my point is null and void, but I would think that the sub-conscious, which makes up the bulk of our mental activity, would be involved in these recalls.

ShaneO7K
09-04-2011, 09:21 AM
Originally posted by LightRey:

I'm not talking about forgetting. I'm talking about not noticing. The animus just fills in the gaps of what is remembered. Else it would have been more of a video than a third person video-game-like interface.

Guards doing things to citizens just isn't something significant for Ezio to notice when he's trying to hide from the guards.

I still disagree that the reason for problems with AI is because of the animus, just my opinion though.

I myself don't really have a problem with the AI in AC other than combat and intelligence could always be improved. But I just really think that you can put any flaws in AI down the animus it just seems like an easy way to make a flaw in the game seem justifiable.

Ulicies
09-04-2011, 09:50 AM
Your memories can't be dependent on the animus. The animus deals with interpreting the languages to English, and other minor things, but it doesn't directly influence the content of the memory. Memory is extracted from the DNA; memory is recorded, as someone said above me, sub-consciously, with our conscious recollection being a fraction of our true memory. Not only does our sub-conscious record what we see, but also what we hear. Some sci-fi series have even had the theory of extracting the memories of people who were unconscious!

The guards should be smarter. They don't react to civilians enough; if someone walks by a restricted area, the guard doesn't notice. I really don't care whether or not that was important to Ezio; it's ridiculous for the guards to act that way.

ShaneO7K
09-04-2011, 10:07 AM
Originally posted by Samuel032593:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dead_gunner187:

But...the concious memory isn't everything, the sub-concious is there too, and IT pretty much takes in everything your body does. And though we may not be able to call upon it conciously most of the time, it IS still there, and everything Ezio's eyes saw would be replicated in the animus. Unless of course the animus only brought back conscious memory, in which case my point is null and void, but I would think that the sub-conscious, which makes up the bulk of our mental activity, would be involved in these recalls. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yeah that's pretty much what I am trying to say, i'm just terrible at describing things to people http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif