PDA

View Full Version : Carrier Takeoff help

cygfrain
01-13-2005, 03:21 PM
I've spent a couple of hours crashing into the bridge, falling off the side and, more worrying, off the end of HMS Illustrius using a seafire.

Please can someone give me a steer on prop pitch, flap and power settings as I appear to be leaving the deck at too slower speed?

cygfrain
01-13-2005, 03:21 PM
I've spent a couple of hours crashing into the bridge, falling off the side and, more worrying, off the end of HMS Illustrius using a seafire.

Please can someone give me a steer on prop pitch, flap and power settings as I appear to be leaving the deck at too slower speed?

Taylortony
01-13-2005, 03:29 PM
Rev the proverbials out of it, I leave prop at auto etc add boost (press W) and roll use the rudder to keep it straight, near the end of the run i drop landing flap to help lift it, then get the gear up sharpish, you will drop towards the sea, but pull flap back up to, in real life they used to put a wooden block in the flaps and retract them onto that so it stopped em coming back up all the way. after take off they put em down so the wedge fell out then raised em again. also reduce the fuel load you are carrying at the bottom of the arming page, if needed

cygfrain
01-13-2005, 03:49 PM
Thanks, I'll try your suggestions, the wooden block trick is interesting.

Crimea_River
01-13-2005, 06:55 PM
For Seafire, and all Spits for that matter, hit Autopilot before setting flaps. That will set them to take-off position. Hit Autopilot again to go to real pilot (you). Make sure pitch is 100% if you're not on autopitch.

Once you're in the air, retract gear right away. The hit "Lower flaps" key and then immediately raise flaps key.

cygfrain
01-14-2005, 07:46 AM
Thanks Crimea_River