PDA

View Full Version : Simple (and I mean *Simple*) requests for 4.09

Phil_K
04-08-2007, 10:51 AM
Right, I'm hoping this thread will be where we can add any last minute "tidy up" requests that will take minimal development time, but may help any campaigns or other related works we have in progress. Which means NO map or plane or flight/damage model requests.

Mine are:

Add VF-85 to list of USN squadrons
Include Napalm-only loadout for F4U

Any more for anymore?

Phil_K
04-08-2007, 10:51 AM
Right, I'm hoping this thread will be where we can add any last minute "tidy up" requests that will take minimal development time, but may help any campaigns or other related works we have in progress. Which means NO map or plane or flight/damage model requests.

Mine are:

Add VF-85 to list of USN squadrons
Include Napalm-only loadout for F4U

Any more for anymore?

R_Target
04-08-2007, 11:15 AM
Full ammo load for F6F. Inner four guns only have about 275 rounds. Should be 400 RPG for all six.

LEXX_Luthor
04-08-2007, 11:36 AM
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/784.gif

RD21 afterburning BMWs for MiG-9M.

Seriously, Yak-19. That jet strikes my fancy for some reason.

Phil_K
04-08-2007, 12:41 PM
Oh yeah, I forgot - coloured smoke.

Just take the standard white smoke (think it's smoke =7), keep the animation the same, but copy it in various colours.

It's how artillery would mark friendly and enemy positions for air strikes in real life, and would add massive immersion to ground attack missions.

LEXX_Luthor
04-08-2007, 03:27 PM
Phil:: <BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">It's how artillery would mark friendly and enemy positions for air strikes in real life, and would add massive immersion to ground attack missions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/51.gif Won't add anything for anybody unless Oleg ramps up visibility distance of smoke (and fire) objects beyond 2km. That's a shame.

Smoke/Fire Objects drawn to at least 30km which is the horizon distance in Perfect grafix mode is probably the one thing that is needed more than, well, Ilyushins. It would be the *Simplest* fix of all.

Skycat_2
04-08-2007, 06:00 PM
Make the seat in the P-47D-27 green instead of red.

MaxMhz
04-08-2007, 06:26 PM
some (official?) information of what will be in 4.09 http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

FE_pilot
04-08-2007, 07:25 PM
Add a bomb rack to the Bf-109F-4. Even if it only carries a Sc-250. Also a drop-tank would be nice also.

My squadron is going to need this when we fly in Forgotten Skies. The Italy Campaign is starting in a month and since we are probably going to bomb something. I would really hate to fly the Bf-109E7 to do it. Plus the Bf-109G2 is going to be in short supply.

Also the Bf-109F4 was able to carry bombs and a drop-tank in WW2.

Bearcat99
04-09-2007, 06:32 AM
Rockets for the Mustangs...

stalkervision
04-09-2007, 06:36 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bearcat99:
Rockets for the Mustangs... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Still with the rockets on the p-51 huh? If god had wanted rockets on the p-51 in Il-2 they would be moddeled here.. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

Antoninus
04-09-2007, 09:52 AM
USN/USMC default skins for the Corsair Mk. 1

hi_stik
04-09-2007, 09:56 AM
HOW about working radiator flaps for the F6F's? they don't cool the motor.

Also, revised loadouts for the FM-2. Like rockets and bigger bombs, not the 100lb. hand grenades it carries now.

ljazz
04-09-2007, 10:44 AM
I'd like to see default US skins on the Mustang MkIII

ljazz

tragentsmith
04-10-2007, 06:27 AM
Modify the french squadron of the RAF its the 341st Alsace and not the 340.

Gitano1979
04-10-2007, 06:45 AM
Also add loadouts for spits, actually only the Mk.IX variants could carry bombs...

Tater-SW-
04-11-2007, 08:30 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by hi_stik:
HOW about working radiator flaps for the F6F's? they don't cool the motor.

Also, revised loadouts for the FM-2. Like rockets and bigger bombs, not the 100lb. hand grenades it carries now. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

I've never seen any reference to FM-2s having more than 100lb bombs. The rocket rails were only on the last 826 aircraft, as well (out of well over 4000 FM-2s built).

Te_Vigo
04-11-2007, 09:52 AM
Beer barrels for the spits would nice and Lexx's thoughts on ramping out the smoke draw distance would be a plus indeed.

Bearcat99
04-11-2007, 08:55 PM
Im wondeering how easy it would be to just model a ground gunner station.... Think about it..... we already have gunners in aircraft right? Why not have the base as an object.. with say 4 or 5 mannable gunner positions attatched to it.. and you could cycle through them just like the aircraft.... the detail would be nowhere near as intensive as for say an aircraft cockpit.. and maybe one of the 3rd party folks could do it. Come to think of it I bet thats what they are going to do with BoB...... I think O said that it would have a few mannable positions.

ImpStarDuece
04-12-2007, 12:25 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gitano1979:
Also add loadouts for spits, actually only the Mk.IX variants could carry bombs... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

?

Spitfire Mks V, IX, VII, VIII, XII, XIV and XVI could all carry bombs (either 2 x 250 or 1 x 500 and 2 x 250)

I would also want:

2 x 250 and 2 x 500 lbs bomb loads for the Tempest and Hurricane IIc.

2 x 500 and 1 x 1000 lbs load out for the Mosquito FB Mk VI, as well as 8 x 60 lbs or 8 x 25 lbs rocket load outs.

Krt_Bong
04-12-2007, 11:02 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Bearcat99:
Im wondeering how easy it would be to just model a ground gunner station.... Think about it..... we already have gunners in aircraft right? Why not have the base as an object.. with say 4 or 5 mannable gunner positions attatched to it.. and you could cycle through them just like the aircraft.... the detail would be nowhere near as intensive as for say an aircraft cockpit.. and maybe one of the 3rd party folks could do it. Come to think of it I bet thats what they are going to do with BoB...... I think O said that it would have a few mannable positions. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
I think that's under consideration for SOW me personally I like the idea as well as Rockets for the Mossie as well but if there were a really simple fix how 'bout raisable objects in FMB {F4} like with the lights so we could kitbash things together like bridges and such. I was kinda the one that posted Waaaaay back for the lights so I guess I shoulda suggested this as well..

Aaron_GT
04-12-2007, 11:25 AM
Two 1000lb wing bombs for the Beaufighter and the 2x500lb fuselage bombs would be nice. Also napalm loadouts should be available. Also the rear defence gun would be good, or at least the ability to see from that position.

Decent boost on the Mosquito VI.

Navigator kneeling on seat looking back modelled for the Mosquito.

Rockets for the Mosquito VI - I agree ImpStarDeuce

Rockets deleted from the Tempest V loadouts.

Do we have the rocket loadouts for the Spitfire IX?

A No. 23 squadron RAF Boston with additional forward guns although really it should also be about 10 mph slower to account for the lamp black finish.

30lb clusters for the P-47.

AWL_Spinner
04-12-2007, 02:20 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Won't add anything for anybody unless Oleg ramps up visibility distance of smoke (and fire) objects beyond 2km. That's a shame. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Fix for night time: For mission building, put some of the ordinary red and white light objects inside your column of smoke and fire.

That gives you a much longer draw distance and it looks great (when you get close enough the smoke/fire obscures the lights so there's no immersion problems).

Obviously for day time there is no fix http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Bartolomeo_ita
04-12-2007, 02:50 PM
20 mm loadout for g10/14

tigertalon
04-13-2007, 03:34 AM
Make the airstarts altitude and heading adjustable.

IMO that's a very, very simple thing to code (have 0 clue about it so I could be wrong), with great impact on the percentage of high alt fights and consequently on the number of "allied is porked" threads here. Just imagine A6Ms and F4Us spawning at 6k on a dogfight server.

MB80
04-13-2007, 04:19 AM
A fix for the headshot from 6 o clock for the focke 190A&D and other planes with rear armor/ seat armor.

Maybe 2 planes added which are stationary AA Guns http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

gdfo
04-13-2007, 05:29 AM
The 'other' rockets for the Allied fighters, not just the rocket tubes.

GerritJ9
04-13-2007, 09:30 AM
A few Dutch squadrons were added with the last set of updates: 320 Sqn (Hudsons and Mitchells in Europe) and 321 Sqn (Catalinas and Liberators in SE Asia), both to be found under "RAF". I would like to see 322 Sqn (Spitfire XIV and IX in Europe) added, and some NEI pre-March 1942 units: 1-Vl.G.III, 2-Vl.G.III (Glenn Martins), 1-Vl.G.IV, 2-Vl.G.IV (Hawk 75A-7s and CW-21B Interceptors), 1-Vl.G-V and 2-Vl.G-V (Brewster B-339s)- 18 Sqn and 120 Sqn were post-March 1942. Plus, please put all Dutch squadrons under "NL" rather than under "RAF"- that way we can at least get Dutch radio chatter http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif.

Gitano1979
04-13-2007, 10:54 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by ImpStarDuece:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Gitano1979:
Also add loadouts for spits, actually only the Mk.IX variants could carry bombs... </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

?

Spitfire Mks V, IX, VII, VIII, XII, XIV and XVI could all carry bombs (either 2 x 250 or 1 x 500 and 2 x 250)

I would also want:

2 x 250 and 2 x 500 lbs bomb loads for the Tempest and Hurricane IIc.

2 x 500 and 1 x 1000 lbs load out for the Mosquito FB Mk VI, as well as 8 x 60 lbs or 8 x 25 lbs rocket load outs. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

sorry, my fault... i meant that between ingame Spits, only Spit IX's have bomb loadouts, IIRC.

bump for your other suggestions (in particular 25lb RP's http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/bigtears.gif)