PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for all the help, forum members

superman2283
12-01-2007, 06:33 PM
So I posted a new discussion a few weeks ago asking what would happen if I completely restarted the game. Nobody answered, so I decided to restart the game today. Guess what, I lost everything. Not so much just the saves, that I was ok with, but I lost every flag I had previously had. In some places I had 60 flags found.
I have seen some people start the dumbest discussions, and 4 or 5 people respond just to insult the person who started it. When a member with a good question posts, they get nothing.
PS - Ubi, great game. I absolutely love it. I already consider the next one to be purchased when you make it. One thing though, please improve upon the saving system.

dirtybird21
12-01-2007, 06:34 PM
Nobody answered because there have been hundreds of topics exactly the same, So your question wasn't really good and you're the one that should have done something different... Just search first.

AldirTheKnight
12-01-2007, 06:35 PM
boohoo, you want a cookie or something?

superman2283
12-01-2007, 06:41 PM
Are you kidding. I have been on this forum for months, and I see a ton of people respond to discussions that have been up numerous times. Is there some sort of elitist group that I am not apart of to get an answer too? Think back, how many people constantly asked about demo's and whether or not there would be one. How many times were there responses to them? Even something telling them to try a search?
Also, for your information, I did try a search and came up with nothing.

dirtybird21
12-01-2007, 06:43 PM
Go down the list, I've answered tons of things about this same question. LAST NIGHT i answered this same question.

superman2283
12-01-2007, 06:43 PM
Originally posted by dirtybird21:
Go down the list, I've answered tons of things about this same question. LAST NIGHT i answered this same question.

I asked the question a few weeks ago, where were you then? Don't belittle me because you posted last night. My question came up a while ago. If you missed, no big deal. I'm not mad at you, I am just dissapointed in a majority of the people on this forum who think they are better than forum members who aren't able to spend every waking hour on this forum because they have lives.

dirtybird21
12-01-2007, 06:45 PM
Here, I just didn't answer your specific one, Probably because i thought someone else would or you'd figure out on your own, I never had 2 deal with losing memory because i just found out through other people asking lol... If you had been here on Nov. 13th when the game first came out, HUNDREDS of questions were answered, And then i started answering questions the next day cause thats when i got the game lol.

superman2283
12-01-2007, 06:47 PM
Here, I just didn't answer your specific one, Probably because i thought someone else would or you'd figure out on your own, I never had 2 deal with losing memory because i just found out through other people asking lol... If you had been here on Nov. 13th when the game first came out, HUNDREDS of questions were answered, And then i started answering questions the next day cause thats when i got the game lol.

Did you read any of my previous posts? I have been on this site at least once a day since may or june, i don't remember which. I saw a lot of the questions that were up, I just didn't see one that answered the question that I had. If you are going to get on my case about not searching, then I am going to get on yours for not reading my entire post.

AldirTheKnight
12-01-2007, 06:49 PM
do you think we even care about you losing your saved game?

dirtybird21
12-01-2007, 06:50 PM
Originally posted by superman2283:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by dirtybird21:

Did you read any of my previous posts? I have been on this site at least once a day since may or june, i don't remember which. I saw a lot of the questions that were up, I just didn't see one that answered the question that I had. If you are going to get on my case about not searching, then I am going to get on yours for not reading my entire post. </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

You edited it after i was already typing buddy, So i didn't get 2 read the whole thing 'till after, And lmao @ saying "because i don't get on every day" and then saying you get on every day.

cooldude6681
12-01-2007, 06:52 PM
It's probable that people just missed it.

Consider that, over a course of 12 hours, over a page of threads get new responses (and around the time you made that thread, there were about 2 pages worth of threads with new responses). I know that I only look at the first page of threads to see if there's anything interesting, and some days I don't even check the forums. I frequently miss threads simply because I don't see them. That's likely what happened to yours. Unless of course you have a high number of Thread views. Then those people are just jerks or don't know the answer.

dirtybird21
12-01-2007, 06:54 PM
Originally posted by cooldude6681:
It's probable that people just missed it.

Consider that, over a course of 12 hours, over a page of threads get new responses (and around the time you made that thread, there were about 2 pages worth of threads with new responses). I know that I only look at the first page of threads to see if there's anything interesting, and some days I don't even check the forums. I frequently miss threads simply because I don't see them. That's likely what happened to yours. Unless of course you have a high number of Thread views. Then those people are just jerks or don't know the answer.

Yeah i only look @ the first page unless i'm looking 4 a specific thread that got left behind or something.

superman2283
12-01-2007, 07:08 PM
Originally posted by dirtybird21: And lmao @ saying "because i don't get on every day" and then saying you get on every day.

I didn't say that, at all. I said something along the lines about spending every moment on the forum, and then stating that I am able to get on once a day. A little bit of a difference.

To cooldude, I thank you for your reply. Your the first one to reply and speak decently. I understand what you are saying and I do the same thing, as far as only looking at the first page. There were quite a few views on my post, so I will go with what you said about some of the people on here. I don't mean yourself or dirtybird.

Dirtybird, I thank you for being one to at least humor me in a discussion.

dirtybird21
12-01-2007, 07:10 PM
No problem, I just searched 2 make sure you're right 2, And you are... You could try using different key words that mean the same thing.

superman2283
12-01-2007, 07:10 PM
No problem, I just searched 2 make sure you're right 2, And you are... You could try using different key words that mean the same thing.

I appreciate the advice.

wepeel
12-02-2007, 02:13 AM
I made a thread asking this very same thing the other day, it can be found here (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/5251069024/m/5791054316).

Other than that, it's not an obligation of forum members to answer questions, but rather a courtesy. People here are gamers too, not Q&A guys paid to sift through questions. I personally agree that the one-save-only system is pretty stupid, but if you act without knowing the facts and mess your game up, the blame is still on you.

MiniAssasin
12-02-2007, 02:17 AM
1. i have answered this questions a good 3 tims this week
2. how long have you ben playing games?

i ask the second question for the simple reason that every single gam eyou play if you restart the game, you restart it. why would it keep your flags etc. you have restarted the game. if you could only collect the falgs once ever that doesnt logically make sense