PDA

View Full Version : Space........ the Final Frontier....

Bearcat99
02-08-2008, 08:22 PM
These are the voyages... of the starship Enterprise (http://gameinvasion.comcast.net/gameinvasion/show/#1949098_the_scene/2898535_startrek_hdtrailer1_47x20_003).....

TSmoke
02-08-2008, 08:47 PM
Good god. Hope it's not the flop that Enterprise was.

To me there is not Star Trek without the Shat man.

han freak solo
02-08-2008, 08:59 PM
What needs to be redone is Spaceballs! http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

crucislancer
02-08-2008, 09:19 PM
Yeah, I really hope they do the franchise justice. I'm a huge fan of the original series since I was a kid, and it started to suck after TNG went off the air.

I like the guy who's cast as Spock. Don't really know too many of the other actors. I guess Christopher Pike makes an appearance at some point as well. Eric Bana plays the baddie, I'm a little uncertain about that, but I'm looking forward to the movie just the same.

VW-IceFire
02-08-2008, 09:28 PM
I'm hopeful. JJ Abrams is a pretty good guy to have at the helm. He seems like the sort that would respect the key elements of the Star Trek universe but I think there is no doubt about the fact that this is a reboot of the Star Trek universe sort of like how Batman Begins is a reboot of the Batman story. If its done right I think it'll appeal to all but a few purists.

heywooood
02-08-2008, 11:05 PM
well - since you cant go back in time...this will have to do. http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/metal.gif

have any of you seen the plan to re-vitalise the original show with new digital effects - new sound - and an overall overhaul...?

soon to be re-released: the original 66? episodes on dvd

there is a website somewhere...

crucislancer
02-09-2008, 09:13 AM
Originally posted by heywooood:
have any of you seen the plan to re-vitalise the original show with new digital effects - new sound - and an overall overhaul...?

soon to be re-released: the original 66? episodes on dvd

there is a website somewhere...

The first season has been remastered and is on DVD now. They have aired those remastered episodes for quite some time now, not bad. The visual effects are way better then before.

heywooood
02-09-2008, 11:47 AM
hmmm really - well I guess that shows what a big fan I am http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/blink.gifDoH!

Enforcer572005
02-09-2008, 12:10 PM
I kinda figured that the proclamation by Paramount college graduates that it ST was dead was kinda absurd. Glad it's survived.

I can't figure out though, why Enterprise is badmouthed so bad and why it was cancelled prematurely. I thought it was great. I still watch the four hrs they show of it on monday on the Sci fi channel. It was my second fav of the various series after TNG.

crucislancer
02-09-2008, 12:42 PM
Originally posted by Enforcer572005:
I kinda figured that the proclamation by Paramount college graduates that it ST was dead was kinda absurd. Glad it's survived.

I can't figure out though, why Enterprise is badmouthed so bad and why it was cancelled prematurely. I thought it was great. I still watch the four hrs they show of it on monday on the Sci fi channel. It was my second fav of the various series after TNG.

I thought that Enterprise could have been much better then it was. It had a great cast, and some interesting stories, but in the end they started relying on time travel stories, which got old with TNG, and wars.

Of course, doing a prequel show is tough. I think what Enterprise needed was some fresh talent in production and writing staff.

zardozid
02-09-2008, 02:53 PM
I'm one of those long time fans that still remembers when "Star Trek" was on tv in the 1960's (I had a baby sitter who watched it)...and I still remember watching the re-runs all through the 1970's...and I can remember when their was first talk of a movie...But the "TNG" tv series was the biggest "leap of faith" I had to take as a "Trekie" (as we where know back then)...I just couldn't see how they could "pull-off" a "Star Trek" tv show without Shatner, Nimoy and the rest (our biggest fear was that they might try and re-cast the original characters)...but our fears where put to rest when they announcing that the tv show would be filled with all new characters and would take place some 50 years later then the original series (they now had my permission to "give it a try")... I was willing to give the "new" show a watch but I didn't understand how it could still be "Star Trek"... But life is a wondrous and complicated thing and as it turns out I was in for a schooling...and Roddenberry was the teacher. One of the things that made "TNG" so wonderful was discovering what "Star Trek" was really about (what the "master" had in mind)...we knew that the original series was good, and that their was something about it that made it different, but we didn't really understand what Roddenberry had in mind when he first conceived of the show...Roddenberry's production of "Star Trek" in the 1960's was so filled with compromise that "TNG" didn't need the original cast to be "Trek"...it had the "Trek" universe (we had barely seen).

Star Trek was huge "cash cow" for Paramount, and true to form, they ran it in to the ground...each series after "TNG" got further and further away from Roddenberry's original creation until their was nothing left...

Now we are faced by the "Trek Re-Boot"..."what to think, what to think???" Honestly I'm a little curious to see what JJ Abrams comes up with (I like some of his work)... I'm also older, and a lot more easy going (I'm not the over protective "sci-fi geek" I used to be). I don't really expect anything Earth shattering, I expect that their will be somethings I like and some things I don't like. I just hope it's not too "cheesy".

roybaty
02-09-2008, 05:43 PM
I liked Enterprise myself, and it was interesting how they integrated "legitimate" scenes such as Jolene Blalock in the decon chamber rubbing lotion all over herself into the plot http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/53.gif

BrotherVoodoo
02-10-2008, 09:39 AM
Star Trek will NEVER die!!!