PDA

View Full Version : Will SHIII work with Vista computer

flyboyjd
01-10-2008, 07:33 AM
Could not get SHIV to work on my old computer. the new ones are Vista and not XP. Will SHIII work on my new computer.
Thanks

Flyboy

flyboyjd
01-10-2008, 07:33 AM
Could not get SHIV to work on my old computer. the new ones are Vista and not XP. Will SHIII work on my new computer.
Thanks

Flyboy

Old_grey_Wolf
01-10-2008, 10:43 AM
Ahoy Flyboy,

Welcome to the forums! HERE (http://forums.ubi.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/2881085392/m/7571092655?r=7451071855#7451071855) is the link for the steps to get SH-III up and running on Vista. Yes it does work with it, I am stuck with a Vista system myself. Just make sure you have tons and tons of RAM, both Vista and SH-III demand a lot, and Vista gets first dibs.

I hope the link helps. http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_biggrin.gif

-OgW

Celeon999
01-10-2008, 10:49 AM
Celeon has Vista here .....but he does not dare to install it.

Not even to open the cd case.....

Ive heard much about Vista the last weeks......

Vista is evil http://forums.ubi.com/images/smilies/shady.gif

geoffwessex
01-10-2008, 12:16 PM
Vista, and the bad reports of it, seems to be something a lot of people are a, to say the least, very dubious about. I'm sure it's a reasonable system on a new machine and with the right software - but upgrading seems to be a different matter, for both existing software and various peripherals.

I've had a computer since 1991 (MSDOS5 and Windows 3.0) and I'm happy with XP, even though Windows is even more complex to get deep inside. I must say, I hope to keep XP running as long as I can and see if I can avoid Vista altogether but, if not, I'm one of millions thinking hard about the Mac OS.

However, Mac is NOT a system for playing games on - it's great at what it does and if it has its own (usually more expensive) peripherals and software apps.

Ironic that the Apple Mac advertising over the last year or so has been about how, according to Apple, the PC is the "serious" system, geared to dull old spreadsheets, databases and business apps, while the Mac is the "fun" computer. When you look at the relative availability of games (and game accessories and peripherals) for PC and Mac it's clear that the advertising is ludicrous. In truth, the PC is for the gamer (as well as business and a very wide spectrum of uses) and the Mac is for, well, whatever Apple allows you to do (or puts a small "i" in front of and pretends it invented.

But I still find myself admiring the Mac's looks and abilities.

Old_grey_Wolf
01-10-2008, 06:08 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Celeon has Vista here .....but he does not dare to install it.

Not even to open the cd case.....

Ive heard much about Vista the last weeks......

Vista is evil Shady </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Somehow I envision Celeon putting Vista in an antique wooden chest, wrapping the chest with very heavy steel chains and heavy padlocks, then throwing it into a deep well or the ocean. Only to find Vista sitting on his computer desk when he returns from his task. (cue the spooky music)

As far as actually using Vista, I do not have any major problems with it as an operating system. But it effectively removes 1 gig of RAM from use by anything else on your computer and I am sure it clogs up the processor. I bought a new computer just to play SH-III, but I find myself contemplating switching back to XP just to see what this computer performs like without the Vista emergency brake on.

-OgW