PDA

View Full Version : What happened to the attention to detail?

DavisP92
01-23-2011, 01:41 PM
I'm not saying that ACB doesn't have great detail in the game. I'm just stating that Ubisoft has taken out some of the satisfying detail that was in AC1 and AC2. For example the throwing knives which were in the finished (ready for selling) game. If we had 5 and used one to kill a guard, then we would only Now in ACB we can just shoot bullets without reloading at all, AC2 had a better gun mechanic (my opinion), because it was more realistic.

I personally don't like the crossbow, i'd rather use a bow and arrow. In fact it would be a nice replacement, a long range silent weapon. But the lock on system iwould have to be replaced with a crosshair or a small circle for the aiming system. (it would make the game harder). But for the arrows they would have to have it similar to the throwing knives where if we use one of the 4 then we only see 3 on the assassin.

Something that i was dissapointed about was how we can carry 25 (i think) crossbow bolts yet we don't see them on ezio. like we would have seen in the AC1 when Ubisoft first thought about using the crossbow for AC1. If some people don't know what i'm talking about take a look at the link below.

http://cache.kotaku.com/assets...0060510005325152.jpg (http://cache.kotaku.com/assets/resources/2006/12/assassins-creed-20060510005325152.jpg)

LadyGahan2010
01-23-2011, 02:07 PM
I really wouldn't want to run around Rome with 15 parachutes strapped to my back (pardon, Ezio's), plus 25 arrows, etc etc - I'm happy with the approximate detail that there is. I'm not playing the game for visual pleasure, rather functionality.

DavisP92
01-23-2011, 03:33 PM
Originally posted by LadyGahan2010:
I really wouldn't want to run around Rome with 15 parachutes strapped to my back (pardon, Ezio's), plus 25 arrows, etc etc - I'm happy with the approximate detail that there is. I'm not playing the game for visual pleasure, rather functionality.

i'm not playing for visual pleasure either (sounds like ur making an assumption that i do, which seems kinda rude). However i doesn't hurt to have something similar to what they used to have in AC1 and 2 in 3 or whatever the 2011 game is. and the parachute is something that doesn't really matter (to me), i don't remember ever using it except for the trophie and the guild challange. if u don't want 15 parachutes on ur back then i wouldn't buy them, and with the arrows there is a easy fix to that. and even the parachute. carry what maybe 5 or 8 arrows and when u use them to kill someone. we should be able to loot the body and get the arrow back. and with the parachute, just have one. and when we use it we can fold it and use it again.

kriegerdesgottes
01-23-2011, 03:52 PM
The only thing as far as detail that bothered me was your ability to buy parachutes from the tailor. I understand they want you to have more to do at the tailor and give you a reason to buy them but first of all the parachute was not ever manufactured or technically invented even until the 18th century by a frenchman. Yes I know Leonardo drew one in his book blah blah who cares he never marketed it to the public ever so why would tailors have it? I think it's cool that you have it I just think he should just have one that he can at all times use and he just packs it up real quick after he uses it.

DavisP92
01-23-2011, 03:59 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:
The only thing as far as detail that bothered me was your ability to buy parachutes from the tailor. I understand they want you to have more to do at the tailor and give you a reason to buy them but first of all the parachute was not ever manufactured or technically invented even until the 18th century by a frenchman. Yes I know Leonardo drew one in his book blah blah who cares he never marketed it to the public ever so why would tailors have it? I think it's cool that you have it I just think he should just have one that he can at all times use and he just packs it up real quick after he uses it.

yea that does make sense, in fact i know that b4 the game was released they had planned that u could buy different outfits for ur assassin from tailors. so they had more things to do with the tailors, but they took that out of the game. i guess they felt that they had to at least add something to the tailors so they gave them parachutes.

Murcuseo
01-23-2011, 04:13 PM
Originally posted by kriegerdesgotte:

Originally the Devs mentioned, (this was before release) that you would be able to buy the components for parachutes from a tailor. The chances are they decided to consolidate it into one manageable monthly pay... I mean into one option in the menu to save the user time. Otherwise, you'd have to buy all the separate components and create it yourself. Which would really be kinda cool, but time consuming if you were in a hurry.

EmBRaCeDeATH
01-23-2011, 08:07 PM
Although I understand what your saying, I personally dont think its really that big of a deal.
It is a video game after all...

kriegerdesgottes
01-23-2011, 08:44 PM
On that survey thing they did one of the questions was how would you feel about having to go out into the wilderness and collect things to build other things. I think that would cool. It's kind of like red dead redemption(which was amazing) except a little better. or you can buy stuff from stores and use it to create other more useful things like in project legacy(which kind of blows) but that would be a cool idea I think.

Auditorexxx
01-23-2011, 09:53 PM
I understand what your talking about and really, it didnt seem to bother me that much. What im thinking is that maybe ezio had the bolts in his front pouch and he quickly reloaded the crossbow without us seeing it.

To be honest, the bow and arrow is like a weapon for hunting. Assassining people, you need quick weapons that are reliable and can use on the go. The crossbow was a great weapon that was introduce to the series (in my opinion).

Warforger
01-23-2011, 10:27 PM
What I don't get is the point of all those different weapons, they all do the same damage and they all alert guards the same way, each weapon pretty much is more ammo.

DavisP92
01-24-2011, 06:18 AM
i'm not saying, not seeing the the bolt or throwing knives in ACB ruined the game or was a big deal. I still loved playing it, i just think bringing back what they did in the first two game would be a welcomed addition to the future game.

what's odd is, why Ubi took it out for the story. But kept it in for the virtual training missions.

Not really, the bow and arrow was actually used for killing ppl not jut animals. In fact if u play project legacy you'll see that they even have an assassin (he's black, finanly different races for assassins) that uses the bow and arrow. I understand when u say assassins need quick weapons, but who ever said the bow wasn't quick. And with the bow you could even kill 2 or 3 guards at once.

Ubi felt that they would give ppl more choices of weapons, but i get what ur saying. the first sword u get is just like altiar's sword, it just looks different.

SAVMATIC
01-24-2011, 02:42 PM
Actually, the smart thing to do with parachutes would of been that you had to go back to Leonardo to get more. This would justify still being able to talk to him even after youve gotten the 3 upgrades.

Also, I am not a fan of them putting the crossbow in the game either. Its just too easy. And look, bow & arrow is NOT just for hunting...if something can kill an animal, it can kill a person. I too was disappointed they chose to skip that for a crossbow(though it makes sense in the time period i suppose). I think it would make more sense gameplay wise. Bow & arrow would have a longer charge time but could be a 1 hit kill, and you could carry something like 10 arrows, with a 20 arrow upgrade. And it could also be affected by weather and light/dark.

DavisP92
01-24-2011, 04:23 PM
Originally posted by SAVMATIC:
Actually, the smart thing to do with parachutes would of been that you had to go back to Leonardo to get more. This would justify still being able to talk to him even after youve gotten the 3 upgrades.

Also, I am not a fan of them putting the crossbow in the game either. Its just too easy. And look, bow & arrow is NOT just for hunting...if something can kill an animal, it can kill a person. I too was disappointed they chose to skip that for a crossbow(though it makes sense in the time period i suppose). I think it would make more sense gameplay wise. Bow & arrow would have a longer charge time but could be a 1 hit kill, and you could carry something like 10 arrows, with a 20 arrow upgrade. And it could also be affected by weather and light/dark.

Yea i have to agree with u there, my idea would take up more time. So buying your parachutes from leonardo after u use one makes more sense. But i still think we should be able to pull arrows out of our victims.

If they had used the bow and arrow then lock on system should be trashed and changed for a third person crosshair or small circle. That way if u miss ur gun or arrow then it would be ur fault and not the games. Which would make it harder to kill ur targets but more enjoyable when u do it.

If we're talking about 1 hit kills then that should only be if we hit the guard in the chest or the head. Hitting them in the arm or leg shouldn't kill them, but instead wound them. If i hit the guards arm then he can't use that arm, same with the leg. With the gameplay style like this, certain aspects of the bow and arrow gameplay could be improved on instead of just wounding and killing ur target.

If i shot someone's foot then they should be stuck to the ground for a few seconds or until they break the arrow. As well as the arm or shoulder to a wall, we could even shoot and stick someone to a horse and then the horse would freak and run with the guy dragging behing him.

Upgrades could be, nocking the bow faster, shooting more then one arrow, a small zoom in, poison/bomb arrows and using the arrow to attract attention away from u.

Geinref
01-25-2011, 01:18 PM
These are good ideas and i agree on the realism of were items come from and how they should display on ezio or any future assassin. I remember playing AC1 and i would notice when Altair would throw the daggers he would actually reach out to his ankle belt if he didnt have any on his shoulder or the waist. It just looked cool and then in AC2, you have 10 daggers but only see 6 and when he uses them he reachs the opposite side of were there at.

Takes away abit from the visual stuff but its optional, which i can ignore if the gameplay is fun (which it is).

I like the recovering arrows from guards and getting parachutes from leo. To me this fits better then getting them from merchants. Another thing ubi might consider is actually taking away medicine u find on dead guards. One they never use it and two, u can find them all the time it actually puts the doctors to waste just standing there.