PDA

View Full Version : Saitek X-45 Problems

gbierl99
11-08-2004, 06:58 AM
PF is not seeing my joystick at all. Any one else have this problem?

gbierl99
11-08-2004, 06:58 AM
PF is not seeing my joystick at all. Any one else have this problem?

Tully__
11-08-2004, 09:02 AM
Do you have another controller plugged in? If you do, there are some things you may need to do to get it to work with both controllers plugged in.

Have you checked in the Setup application in your PF program group in Start menu that the "Use Joystick" box is checked on the Joystick tab?

Click on the "Joysticks & FB" link under my signature picture and read through the article there to see if it helps. Come back to me here (I'll be back in about 18 hours) with more questions if you need to.

aminx
11-08-2004, 10:02 PM
ATT TULLY
X45 question:

Is this stick recommendable,precise as sidewinder ff2 or not?if not ,what do i purchase?Do you know the evo force by saitek?I dont want to use pedals etc.
aminx

Fliger747
11-08-2004, 10:32 PM
Ah iss'na Tully:

Having used both sticks, I am currently using the X45 because of the HOTAS throttle. I use it with CH pro pedals. The 'rudder' function with the stick is a squeezie on the throttle, which I never cared much for, but it works well with the pedals. It seems to be a good piece of equipment.

The MS stick is good, for a twist handle, and loved by many. It is sadly no longer produced.

ZERO-BASE
11-08-2004, 10:38 PM
The x-45 is highly recommendable. It`s the best buy for your bucks. I love it.
Precise control, stably processed, cover plates from anodized aluminum, cool looking, illuminated fire buttons....a true desire object

Tully__
11-08-2004, 10:44 PM
I use the X-45 with great satisfaction, as good as or better than any other stick I've used. That being said, I've never used any FFB stick, any CH Product or the TM Cougar.

Also be aware that the IL2 series of games is completely happy (with a little conf.ini editing sometimes) mixing & matching up to four controllers for non-FFB combinations and usually works fine with an FFB stick in a mixed setup. If you want the X-45 throttle but would prefer a different stick, you'd be joining a large number of community members who've done just that.

Rbliss
03-04-2007, 04:16 PM
I'm using the Saitek Cyborg EVO Wireless and I can't get it to work in Pacific Fighters either. I've tried to use their software too but to no avail. I'm beginning to think I may have to go out and get another joystick.
Any help Please?!

knightflyte
03-05-2007, 01:46 AM
A couple of things that may or may not help, but I'll ask anyway.

Are you plugging in the wireless EVO Force into a remote USB hub.... or directly into a USB slot in your computer?

If you go to Control Panel/Game Controllers/ Properties is the stick recognized in the Windows control pane?

As Tully mentioned sometimes several controllers at plugged in at once may cause a conflict. I had trouble if I left my Logiteb GAMEPAD in while using my Saitek X45 HOTAS. It would cause IL2 to recognise the Saitek as input device two instead of one....therefore losing my control assignments. It appears like a dead stick, but its not. There's just no assignments to the stick as IL2 doesn't recognise it.

Good luck.

MaxMhz
03-05-2007, 06:03 AM
Saitek sticks work very precise. The X45 stick does not have rudder control - there's a rocker switch on the throttle for rudder - not usable IMHO - So added a Saitek evo to the throttle and that works fine. Saitek has a very good 'Saitek official forum'where they solve your problems (if any arise) very quickly http://forums.ubi.com/groupee_common/emoticons/icon_smile.gif
<span class="ev_code_YELLOW">Do not plug in the Saitek controller before the software asks you to do so.</span>